Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

now come on ladies i dont want you fighting and getting flirty jealous, hahahahaha

GX

no, i bet youd love it really Garry!!..all us women in a scrap over you?!, there would be handbags,handfulls of hair and false nails flying about all over the place! x

Hey gillian i hope i get the same restriction as you next week, id be made up if i do x

i do feel at the mo like i have got good restriction, but it may change i suppose as the week wears on and i wont know until im back onto solids properly. bigsister who has done exactly the same as me at the same times isnt feeling restriction yet, so maybe its just me?..im sure that because im a very quick eater, ill feel it more anyway..we'll see! i might be saying all the restriction has gone by next week! x

:laugh:ooh look, i have just found out how to put photo on!..not that you can see what i look like anyway, its that small! x

Thank you people for the good wishes about my Mum.

I took her some balloons and a cake in this afternoon, no flowers are allowed, and she has loads of sweets, chocs and everything else, so stuck really what to get her.

Gilian I hope your restriction is there for keeps hun. You may not need your fill in 2 weeks.

I used to find if i got stressed or agitated my band tightened like mad. Just for future reference.

yip your right however my reason was that he struggled to find port becuase of the hematoma and suggested an ultrasound, i cant get an app for april in edinburgh and can in may but i am at a stag weekend and then it will be june which is too far away so i want another fill asap. I have pretty much decide to just try frederik at Manchester next week and if he gets it great if not i will just need to wait.

Iam so impatient, typical man.

Gx

Hi Garry, it's Fatpants here!

I have just been trying to read over the last dozen or so pages! Yes pages! Anyway I saw your dilema about the location of the port and the hema thing (can't spell), well when I was in Belgium Chris told me to come to Edinburgh on April 23, when I phoned to make the appointment I was told it was full, when I told the women that Chris Had told me to come on this day, she told me to come along and wait... so that's what I'm doing, you could do the same.

Before I went to Belgium I had a chat with my GP, he has been on the rollercoaster as regards to my weight and all the different diets I have tried he has been there, anyway, I made sure that any aftercare needed would be provided by the GP. I think your GP should be sorting out your haematomy, make an appointment with your GP or surgery nurse and get them to help you.

And now the last thing... The Murrayfield Hospital in Edinburgh do fills but their wanting £300, at that rate it's probably cheaper to go to Belgium!

Take Care

Fatpants

Thank you people for the good wishes about my Mum.

I took her some balloons and a cake in this afternoon, no flowers are allowed, and she has loads of sweets, chocs and everything else, so stuck really what to get her.

Gilian I hope your restriction is there for keeps hun. You may not need your fill in 2 weeks.

I used to find if i got stressed or agitated my band tightened like mad. Just for future reference.

thanks for that freckles..hope so too, but like i say, it may just be initial tightness,and may be different story next week?! and it did seem to be tighter this morning just like what you said used to happen to you..wendy said the same,that if your stressed it can feel tighter too. Aah, i hope your mum has been cheered up by the cake and balloons etc you got her today, it is hard trying to find gifts to take to folks in hospital. hope her cough gets sorted out soon too, and she starts to feel better, it would be nice if she could get moved nearer to you too,good luck x

Hi Everyone

Just thought i would comment on overfills, i was overfilled last time and after an hour my mum had to take out 0.5ml. At first i didnt think the fill had made a diference as i sipped wated and it went down fine so stupidly i drank half a glass of Water really quickly (looking back i cant actually believe i did that!.) The water got stuck as there was no where for it to go and i could feel it in my throat still, it was really painfull and in the end i pb'd it. I was still in alot of pain but wanted to wait a while to see if it was just inflamed but after 45 mins i was still throwing up the spit i was trying to swallow as it could not travel through the band (sorry for the graphic detail!) As soon as i had the liquid drawn from the band the relief was amazing... So there you go over fills are awful!

Ah caroline that sounds like hell but if i knew within a hour i was overfilled it wouldnt be too bad as could get a slight unfill id be terrified of not realising till that nite or next day

exactly thats why you are better off with small fills if you dont have some one to take it out for you straight away. I would not have lasted the night and would have gone to hospital to have some taken out otherwise

Thank you Gillian, i hope so too.

I have phoned the nursing home where she goes when I go on holiday, and asked if they would put her name on the waiting list as if she does need to go in then she wont be put somewhere she doesnt know. She loves the staff at this one and they love her too.

They told me someone will be going to the hospital tomorrow to assess her.

I dont know if its the constant stress or all the chasing out to the shops and hospital visiting is getting to me, but my tum is so sore, I'm not sure if i could stand the needle for a fill atm.

Will have to wait and see how it feels then.

Overfills are dreadful my daughter and her friend both had it, they both ( on different occasions) had to back and get a de-fill, and I can tell you they were both very frightened.

It is better to take it slow girls, dont be too hasty and get the band to work for you.:smile2:

Hi Everyone

Just thought i would comment on overfills, i was overfilled last time and after an hour my mum had to take out 0.5ml. At first i didnt think the fill had made a diference as i sipped wated and it went down fine so stupidly i drank half a glass of Water really quickly (looking back i cant actually believe i did that!.) The water got stuck as there was no where for it to go and i could feel it in my throat still, it was really painfull and in the end i pb'd it. I was still in alot of pain but wanted to wait a while to see if it was just inflamed but after 45 mins i was still throwing up the spit i was trying to swallow as it could not travel through the band (sorry for the graphic detail!) As soon as i had the liquid drawn from the band the relief was amazing... So there you go over fills are awful!

OMG how scary... How much of a fill did you have in when this happened to you? did you have to much to quick? x

Hi freckles i do hope thing get sorted out quickly for your mum, it will be better for you to know she is happy but it is important for you to try and get rest, i know its difficult but it will help you with your recovery.. you will probably take longer to heal as you have had a band taken out and then a new one put in, double the surgery we have had x

no, i bet youd love it really Garry!!..all us women in a scrap over you?!, there would be handbags,handfulls of hair and false nails flying about all over the place! x

you know what i would luv it.

Gxxx

OMG how scary... How much of a fill did you have in when this happened to you? did you have to much to quick? x
tantrum a

Hi Wishfull

I had a 1.5 ml fill (this is the problem when your mum does the fills because you can just have a tantrum and demand more than you should have, that happened to be the first time she gave in, so it just goes to show that your mum is always right!) so i had .5 taken out leaving me with 5.5 ml in total