Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

My Mum is still not so good, I am really disappointed with Whiston Hospital, she is talking broken biscuits all the time, and is shaking, she cant hold a glass and keeps tipping her squash all over herself.

I have lost count of the nighties i have had to wash, not that I'm bothered its just the fact that she's tipping more than she's drinking.

I am also sick of asking the nursing staff to give her a beaker with a spout, they get one and the next time I go in she has a glass again so in the end bought her one of her own.

It just better be there when we go in this afternoon.

She has had conjuctivitis in both her eyes since the surgery and each time we go in we have to bathe them for her, and she cant see properly. I think at last they are getting eye drops for her!!!!! Bloody disgusting. Are they blind or do they just not care??

She has had a Water infection and needs to drink plenty, and she's not getting it as nobody seems to have the time or inclination to help her.

I also had a nightmare with her hearing aid, it was fine when she went in, and then some stupid Staff nurse admitted to finding a part on the floor and throwing it away cos she didnt know what it was!!!!!

We had to run around taking it to the next town to get it fixed, as the hospital's audiology refused to repair it cos she didnt live in the area!!! What crap.

I am waiting for a meeting with the Ward manager and the doctor, so that I can air these issues.

I want her home with me so I can take care of her, she has lived with me for 6 years and I have built her up so she is strong, and its all going downhill.

They dont seem to be able to get her to stand up, she wont bear her weight, if she doesnt walk soon, she never will.

This is driving me nutz, and I'm sorry to bore you all, but sometimes its helpful to share.

Thanx for reading this xxxx

Hi Freckles, sorry to hear about what both you and your Mum have been going through. Unfortunately, it seems to be an all too common story these days doesn't it? And you could have certainly done without it at the moment. Hope you get some satisfaction from your meeting, most people aren't assertive enough to ask for one if things aren't going well so good on you! And hope you are resting when you can and looking after yourself even though it is difficult I suppose doing the hospital run all the time (and running around with hearing aid repairs that shouldn't have been necessary). Hope she is out of the place soon and back in her usual surroundings, you will feel better about that even if it does mean more for you to do. Take care of yourself, bigsister x

Dont worry sweetie, Michael was the surgeon who did my original op.

That band developed a hole and I had to have it done again.

I was all for going with Dr Chris in Begium and thought I would ask MVDB how much he would charge me for the op, as the manufacturer agreed to give me a new band and the Spire (was Bupa) Hospital gave me a 20% discount.

As it turned out it was cheaper for me to stay in the UK and go with Michael again, whom I must say is a wonderful surgeon, I have never doubted that he did such a good job, and again feeling so good I know i am right about him.

i had my op at 8:30 am on 26th feb.

I stayed in hospital until 11am the next day, but I was fine all night, up and down to the loo like a fiddlers elbow.

What a pain having to unattach my legs from the vibrating boots, and drag my drip stand with me, I must have got up about 7/8 times during the night.

But now i feel really good, I have restriction too, God knows how???

Maybe the initial band was faulty from day one, because I didnt have any restriction before my first fill, with that band.

I have been bad and tried to eat ryvitas, which is why I found out I have restriction.:)

I am such a pig.

I have only lost about 4lbs so far though:crying:

Freckles - glad to hear that you are doing well and I really hope ur mum gets better soon.

Flirtylass - I hope that your body starts to get back to normal. It should do after a few good meals! At least you have warning signs and can put things right.

Shoes and Kaka's daughter - good luck for tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking about you!

I am leaving for Belgium tomorrow. My brain is on overload - I think we need removal truck with all the stuff we have to take! How can one small baby need so much?! I will try and log on before my op in Bruges/Brussels!

My husband has gone out with the baby to get a satnav - on a 'technical boys misson'...............say no more I wasn't invited!! We'll probably end up in Poland or something :crying:!

Hello to everyone else!! xxxxx

Shoes and Kaka's daughter, my thoughts will be with you.

You will be so happy after the surgery you wont even care if you have some pain...its so worth it.:)

Mmm, this is a little spooky, cos I was born in Bridgend South Wales and my maiden name was Williams.

Not sure if my Dad had a bike or not... did yours? :crying:

Well now you just have to post a piccy of yourself, for me to see.

if you'd rather.. you can pm it to me, but please, please dont keep me in suspenders:tt2:

There is another piccy of me in my profile i think, if you want to see.

OMG I'm from Bridgend too.:thumbup:

Thanks everyone for your good wishes about being a granny, I have 2 grandchildren already one boy and one girl from my son, but this will be the first from my daughter, and I'm really exited.

Freckles, I am so sorry about the news with the care your mum has received (or not). There's always something to cause us stress and concern, and its even worse when you feel its being done to someone close to you. Its just not fair.

I'm so glad the op went well, and I forgot about the vibrating boots, my daughter had them also at spire, but I did'nt at belgium, and I dont think anyone else did, not that I saw or heard anyway, look after yourself.

Hi SAMMY77, have a great holiday, and good luck with you banding, you'll be well looked after in Belgium, even though you'll feel a bit rough for a few days after, but each day after day 3 you will feel major improvements, if hubby gets a bit concerned about you and wants to chat let him loose on here and we'll try to explain what you are going through. happy banding

Freckles - glad to hear that you are doing well and I really hope ur mum gets better soon.

Flirtylass - I hope that your body starts to get back to normal. It should do after a few good meals! At least you have warning signs and can put things right.

Shoes and Kaka's daughter - good luck for tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking about you!

I am leaving for Belgium tomorrow. My brain is on overload - I think we need removal truck with all the stuff we have to take! How can one small baby need so much?! I will try and log on before my op in Bruges/Brussels!

My husband has gone out with the baby to get a satnav - on a 'technical boys misson'...............say no more I wasn't invited!! We'll probably end up in Poland or something :)!

Hi Sammy. Just to say have a nice break before your surgery and hope it all goes well for you next week, as always, we will all be thinking of you and wishing you speedy recovery. I took my sons satnav to use when we went in January and couldn't have done without it really, it will be worth its weight. Post as soon as you're ready following your surgery and look after yourself, bigsister x.

Hi sammy oh best of luck with the op not that u need it but il be thinking of u and excited for u too post as soon as u can il be looking out for ur post but enjoy ur wee break and cant wait to hear from u after the op x

Hi sammy, hope you have a lovely holiday and goodluck with your op.. you will be well looked after by dr chris and his team. Loof forward to reading posts from the new bandsters x

My husband has gone out with the baby to get a satnav - on a 'technical boys misson'...............say no more I wasn't invited!! We'll probably end up in Poland or something :cursing:!

Hi Sammy,

Have a great trip, make sure your hubby takes over all the caring duties, it'll be good bonding time for him, and banding time for you! I know what you're saying about all the stuff you need for wee ones, just think....it's great once you get over that age - suddenly the car will seem quite big!

You take care now.

Fatpants

Hi everyone thanks for the well wishes!! I am very excited!! I still have a bit of packing to do and I volunteered to drive the first leg of the journey so I had better not get to bed too late! We've ordered a take-away. I am having a mouthwatering salad in a pitta bread!! I won't look at my husband's chicken shish and chips!

I think he has been having a sneaky look on the forum so he's totally cool about it all. He will defo be on baby duty for a good few days!!

I'm trying to get some travel insurance from All Clear as bigsis recommended but it's going soooooooo slow!

I will try and log on at some point in Belgium - looked at the weather report and it gives heavy rain for the weekend and Monday in Bruges!! :cursing:

Take care everyone and see you soon xxxxx

hi vanessa..not seen you on here for ages!..if its a fill your wanting to book, or any other package or procedure you can contact colleen@wlsgroup.co.uk you will be emailed back shortly, i have found them excellent website is www.wlsgroup.co.uk .hope this helps, and hope your doing well? gillian x

hi..

yes, thought I should make my own way in the bandster world!!!!... took a long time for mine to settle down.. only have 4 mls in.. very slow process... unable to get Frederick to go for more... weight loss very poor too.. but, since I have very little to no restriction its not surprising..am going for my 3rd on 12/3.. but read about WLS 's package.. am thinking it would be worth travelling to Birmingham if it gets the job done quicker and cheaper...

hi..

yes, thought I should make my own way in the bandster world!!!!... took a long time for mine to settle down.. only have 4 mls in.. very slow process... unable to get Frederick to go for more... weight loss very poor too.. but, since I have very little to no restriction its not surprising..am going for my 3rd on 12/3.. but read about WLS 's package.. am thinking it would be worth travelling to Birmingham if it gets the job done quicker and cheaper...

Hi Vanessa, are you going back to Manchester for your fill on the 12th? I'm booked in for my 4th fill @ 11am so maybe I'll see you there again! Kath.x.:cursing:

Mmm I apologise for there not being a piccy of me in my profile, but there is now.

This was taken 2 years ago when I had lost 2 stone, the most I ever lost with my dodgy band.

Only head and shoulders, but you can see the difference to now.

Dont worry sweetie, Michael was the surgeon who did my original op.

That band developed a hole and I had to have it done again.

I was all for going with Dr Chris in Begium and thought I would ask MVDB how much he would charge me for the op, as the manufacturer agreed to give me a new band and the Spire (was Bupa) Hospital gave me a 20% discount.

As it turned out it was cheaper for me to stay in the UK and go with Michael again, whom I must say is a wonderful surgeon, I have never doubted that he did such a good job, and again feeling so good I know i am right about him.

i had my op at 8:30 am on 26th feb.

I stayed in hospital until 11am the next day, but I was fine all night, up and down to the loo like a fiddlers elbow.

What a pain having to unattach my legs from the vibrating boots, and drag my drip stand with me, I must have got up about 7/8 times during the night.

But now i feel really good, I have restriction too, God knows how???

Maybe the initial band was faulty from day one, because I didnt have any restriction before my first fill, with that band.

I have been bad and tried to eat ryvitas, which is why I found out I have restriction.:cursing:

I am such a pig.

I have only lost about 4lbs so far though:crying:

Thanks for putting my mind at ease freckles I was starting to think what if I get there and they said someone else is doing the Op :) lol what would I do...:)

Its great you feel restriction already what a bonus...:)