Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Just another quick note.

I was at my daughters until 6pm tonight, then called in Asda for a few bits and when we got home my Mum was laying on the floor in the living room in the dark.

She had fallen trying to answer the phone.

I just dialled 999 and went to the hospital and it seems she has broken her hip.

They are keeping her in for 7 - 10 days.

Poor thing.

Dear God does it ever stop, I've only just got back from the hospital and am ready to drop.

Hi Freckles, don't you just feel everything is conspiring against you sometimes?! Well your mum is in the best place and you can go off tomorrow knowing she will be ok now, although you will probably still have concerns about her naturally. Will be thinking about you Thursday morning and sending you best wishes, let us know how you feel when you're up to logging on following your op. Take care of yourself, bigsister x

Yeah gillian il do what ever it takes at this stage 25isnt exactly young i know but its still in good time to get myself sorted and im looking forward to a new life just wish this weight would move a bit faster its a torture the way it stalls so much but glad ur doing well and back on forum i dont be on too much myself anymore or id be stuck to it all day lol

Hey flirtylass, 25 is very young - it's less than half my age and I'm not ready to take to my rocking chair yet! But probably a bit old to be taking up the pole dancing lessons - will leave that to the likes of you young things, good on ya though, bigsister x

Hi boboboldy..its torture isnt it going to mac donalds!!.and we still have to treat our kids when its birthdays too!..like you i went for a chinese at the weekend it was the buffet food so just tried a bit of everything to test how it went down..im going for my first fill with wendy at WLS next tuesday..Im scared stiff, not cos of any pain but cos of the thought of the needle..i can imagine myself coming out with no fill cos im scared of flinching or that she wont get the needle in cos im shaking or too tensed up..i wonder if anyone else is/was like this??. i know its not gonna be that bad cos of the way people cant wait for their next fills..but im full of dread!..does she do everyone the same? are you laid down, stood up or what?..im sure shes lovely but i have visions about her having blood dripping fangs and a blood splattered white coat on!!..im sure im worrying for nowt and will tell you.."Oh it was nothing at all!" next tues!..im going for my fills (unlimited 6 month plan) in sheffield 10 mins drive away, but you can attend other venues so im going to the leeds one on tues cos really need that fill and then 2 weeks later going again to the sheffield one and then just once a month after that.. i hope you have a good fill anyway and hope you get the restriction you need to start your weight loss off again..good luck! gillian x

Isn't little sister the biggest wuss? I would just love to scream as loud as I can when I go in first for my fill and come running out with a piece of liver from the butchers in my hand screaming 'Look what she's done to me'! Might do it, don't tell her tho, bigsister x

Hi Freckles, just wanted to wish you all the best for tomorrow, and for your op on Thursday, also, hope your Mum is feeling a bit better. It's easier said than done, but try not to worry about her too much over the next few day's as you have enough 'on your plate', with your op! Take Care, Kath.x.

By the way, if anyone is interested, BEST magazine has an article on "gastric bands", this week. Didn't know, but they say "stress" can tighten our band!!! That's a new one to me! Kath.x.

Hi Gary, the nurse took out the blue drain stitch and trimmed the dangly bits of the disolving cat gut ones, did'nt feel any of it, on the actual cuts I have some pinkness at each end, and lovely yellow and brown bruising marks inbetween, but the really wier thing is - if I put my fingers each side of the port cut I can easily feel the port, Its right on top, I expected it to be right under the skins by at least a few cm's, and if I look in the mirror I can see it outlined through my skin, its really wierd.

I have no feeling whatsoever when I eat, and I can eat anything there is no sensation or discomfort even with the items the other girls have found uncomfortable such as bread and potatoes, in fact last night I ate fresh garlic bread with toasted cheese, in the same quantity that I would have before the op, so I am just concentrating on not putting on weight until I have a band fil on the 27th March, It seems such a long time away.

On a brighter note all the post operation swelling has gone down and I can wear all my clothes again without looking like Uncle Fester (which is what I felt I looked like after the op).

Take care keep up the good work now that your returning to work.

xxxmmmxxx

I also got mine taken out and trimmed as funnily enough mine were going red aroung the stitch and not the wound, think also swelling might have went down a little,it now only resembles a large orange rather than a melon, my lovely yellow and purple bruises seem to have gone.

I dont have restriction either but i expected that but i am still sticking to the soft food, it is driving me nuts that i cant train, however been going to gym and just walking just to keep my sanity, only another 10 days then i can get back into it.

It will be fill time before we know it.

Take care

G

x

Hey bigsister thanks lol ah it should be fun and thats the main thing im down another lb today so i said last monday when i got back from liverpool id have half stone off before going back which iv 3lb off so 16days to get another 4off lol how desperate am i counting the days down lol but damm i gota get some new glad rags for going back over have to try and impress now lol but its great alot of the tops i wear are long ones for over tights and leggings and i can now buy the odd bits in river island and places which is great but i think its cos all the oversize tops are in thank god its not all skin tight stuff or id never get shopping in it lol

Hey garry just added u but please dont mention anything about the band on bebo cos no one knows i got it done an thats the way i wana keep it lol

Hey garry just added u but please dont mention anything about the band on bebo cos no one knows i got it done an thats the way i wana keep it lol

cool no probs

By the way, if anyone is interested, BEST magazine has an article on "gastric bands", this week. Didn't know, but they say "stress" can tighten our band!!! That's a new one to me! Kath.x.

Good luck Freckles - will be thinking about you. Sorry to hear about ur mum. She'll be OK. You look after you for a few weeks xxx

My mum isn't buying BEST this week as she thought it might worry her! Bless. She knows it's what I want and is happy but she is a born worrier!

I start my pre-op diet Friday so am making the most of my last few days of freedom!

Tonight: pancakes (of course!!)

Tomorrow: pie and mash (to die for award winning pies from local butcher)

Thurs: Chinese take-away

............................not that I have it planned or anything!! :smile:

I am going to research fills as I will have to go into London which isn't the easiest for me. I spoke to Dr Chris's lady who does the appointment and she was very unhelpful when I asked when he was in London over the coming months and would not let me book a fill for after my op. If they get booked up I don't think forward thinking is a bad idea!! Well, let's see as I am not waiting months for a fill. Summer will soon be upon us and I am not having another fat one!!

Haha hope i dont scare ya lol

Hi there - I know I am going to be a secret bander too!! Not long now, 2 weeks Friday and I can't wait!!! (I won't be saying that this time 2 weeks Thursday!!)

Keep us posted on the pole dancing. Even if I was thin I think I would be useless at it!!

Dare I ask - how is ur doggie? I have thought about him, poor little thing, such mindless and cruel people xxxxx

Hi sammy yeah i intend to stay in the closet about my band forever lol ah here il prob end up doin damage but i think it will be fun once loud music is involved il be happy... Yeah my poor ben i still miss him like mad but sure no bringing him back now.... did u see my new man i met in liverpool pics on fb u can give me ur opinion cos i duno what he sees in me lol