Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's Day 3. I was sleeved wed morning (7am). I've had no problems with gas, walking or getting my liquids down. The only time I experience any discomfort is when I drink too fast. However, I can sip tons of liquid with no issues. Could I have mess up this early out? I'm concerned cause I can drink as much as I want with no issues at all...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's very normal at first since your stomach is so swollen. I'd still try to sip though so you don't irritate anything. It will be the same with other liquids at first like Soups and things. Once you get to purée stage I found that is when it told me your full stop eating or drinking.

Don't worry, you haven't messed anything up.

Some people are able to drink liquids with no problem, some aren't... everyone is different.

Like you, I was able to get my liquids down very easily from the very beginning. By day 2 after surgery I was getting in over 64 ounces of liquid a day. I also did not have any issues with gas... no gas pain at all after surgery.

Ditto! They gave us 3 full 12 oz glasses of like a Gatorade the following day, I drank almost all. They want you to drink and our NUT said she was not worried about drinking liquids. 10 days out today. :)

Sent from my SM-G900H using the BariatricPal App

I could drink a lot immediately after surgery but was/am very restricted when it comes to real food. Sounds like all is well!

I am 4 days post sleeve surgery and I am able to drink as well. I have had very little gas pain and able to move around well. I feel energized already. Any other advice from those a little further out?

I am 4 days post sleeve surgery and I am able to drink as well. I have had very little gas pain and able to move around well. I feel energized already. Any other advice from those a little further out?

Day 11 here 1/10/17 and feeling great. Not much further out, but if you are feeling energized you will feel this way for a while. I flew back from Mexico 4 days after, no problems. Just make sure to walk around don't veg out all day long. Walk and do normal things when you get home (not lifting heavy of course), the day after I went to laundromat, the store, and back to work. I haven't been doing lifting (dog hotel), just little dogs around 10 lbs. They said end of month could lift 20 lbs. Make sure you drink, and keep hydrated. DO NOT taste things because it just makes you want them more ^_^ I made boudin (Louisiana sausage w/rice) for my hub and it's nothing I ever want to eat, but licked that fork and damn, I want some. Staying on track ready for pureed this Mon-Wed, just trying to hold on. sleep on your back, definitely sleep on back for a while. Keep your broth, puddings, drinks at home/work anywhere you will be so that you don't have to trek out.

Thanks for the helpful tips! Good luck to you also

Ok, maybe TMI keep this for your baby steps to yogurt etc.....some great recipes that are easy for pureed and liquids steps .....Vanilla Custards are so good, and don't have any of those funky chemicals at store....http://www.bariatriceating.com/2013/04/post-op-help-full-liquids-your-first-baby-steps-with-food/

I had pressure in my chest right after surgery. It went away pretty quickly. I occasionally get it if I take too big of a sip. I struggle to get my fluids in. I had surgery on Wednesday. Yesterday I got maybe 10 ounces...today maybe 14 ounces. I miss my I've fluids.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I called the doctors office because I get too many fluids in. Have you tried different temperatures? I've heard of people not being able to tolerate cold or hot liquids but able to tolerate the other

Edited by AshleyinOnederland

I was also sleeved on Wednesday 1/18 and have no trouble getting shakes, Water, broth, etc down. I didn't have any gas or pain so I've been concerned that maybe my surgery didn't work. I've been getting anxious feeling like maybe I went through all of this for nothing. I have a picture of the stomach my surgeon removed so I know he took some out but I keep feeling like maybe he didn't take enough out. Someone please tell me I'm crazy and that it's all gonna work out!!

3 days post op. Doctor has me on 30 days of full liquid diet. Having trouble getting liquids down so thinking of popsicles. Do you think creamsicles would be ok?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

No. I think they have to be sugar free popsicles. The Outshine no sugar added worked wonders for me.