Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being banded on Monday

Sirusman glad to hear you made it back home safely. Agree guys on the cheating . I don't know if its my band or if its my headset but I do find my self talk is a lot more postive and when I find a thought about doing something wrong I straight away go into No you don't want it or need it.

Feeling a little sore around stomach area today especially if I bend down. But apart from that I am amazed at how good I have felt.

Take care

Jane

Hi Janer55 good you are doing well,i am fine now but had a complication due to doctors in the UK failing to spot a problem luckily for me the people in Belgium spotted it so spent time in ICU but i feel ok now

Mike

Glad to hear you are doing fine and even happier to hear the guys in Belgium spotted your problem. Who does your fills Belgium or UK

Hi Jane, My wife and I get banded Oct.1st. I have the exact feelings, anxiety, and questions about taking the leap that you did. But for me, the bottom line is 'Nothing else has worked.' I need something physical to SAY NO to excessive portions (or face unpleasant consequences). This grounds me. Some people need canes, etc., to go about their lives and I need a band...my wife... and you guys.

P.S. D.O.B. May '56

Hi Klover Dad hope all went well for you and your wife. Let us know how you are feeling and coping.

Take care

jane

Hi Jane!

This is my first time on this site, and I am pleased to see someone close to my age getting banded. I am 57 and had surgery on 13 June. I have been overweight my entire life, starting as a child in my loving, over-fed Italian family. I have endured yo-yo dieting over the years, but enough was enough.

This was one of the easiest surgeries I've had and there have been no complications whatsoever. I have lost 40 pounds so far, but even more importantly, both my blood pressure and cholesterol are now at normal levels. In addtion, my energy level has increased and food is no longer the focus of everything I do.

Good luck with your surgery...what an exciting time. Please let me know how it goes.

Jane, I'd like to offer my support and encouragement. Congratulations on your decision to be banded. I was banded 2 days after you and would be happy to be another banded buddy. This site is filled with caring individuals who seem truly happy to offer their knowledge and guidance. Keep logging in and you can message me privately, if you'd like to. I'm new, but I have a positive attitude and approach to my future. Keep the Faith! :whoo:

Irisheyes123

Hi Novalady and Irisheyes 123

What fantastic loss Mary Ann thats almost 20 kilos here in Australia. You must feel so good. The Blood pressure is one of the things I am really looking to get down.

Irisheyes 123 how are you going on the liquids. I must admit I am starting to get liquid out and have started to look at thicjer liquids pumpkin Soup tonight and I also made some jelly.

I would love to be a banded buddy with you especially as we are so close in dates.

Keep up the good work one and all

Take care

jane

Hi Janer i can have my fills in Belgium if i wish,but due to logistics i will have them with a doctor about 20 miles from my home in the UK

Hi Jane and the rest of the crew. I am from Australia and 52 yo as well. I have been struggling with my weight since I was young... not obese but always overweight. I lost 16 kilos (35 lbs) around 3 years ago but in the last 18 months have managed to put back 12 kilos of it... I have BP and recently had to go on meds for diabetes... which has brought me to the point of looking at banding as a solution to the constant yo-yoing over the years. I have spoken to a couple of people who done it with great success but that hasn't stopped the fears... I've noticed that I can't stop eating since making the decision to go ahead with it (put on 3 of the 12 kilos just in the last month :)) I have an appointment with the surgeon on 10 Oct but not sure exactly when the op will be. I have many fears... not coming out of it or coming out of it with a problem... regretting doing it and the list goes on. It was great reading your posts and then seeing you came out of it fine and getting on with it. Of course I'm still anxious but a little more positive hearing your story and the other newby's stories. Thanks.

Forgot to say that in the last 10 years or so have moved into the obese category... currently weigh 102 kilos (205 lbs).

Sades perfectly natural to have concerns about this,i have many such concerns but after 4 days post op i look back and it realy was nothing.Just think of the befits of this and that should motivate you<br /> Mike

Hi:

I am 51 and was banded on 14 September. So far I have lost 24 pounds and over 12 inches. I was worried as well that this procedure may not work. But so far, so good.

I too have been over-weight all my life. I am looking forward to a NEW ME. I'm worth it.

So, keep positive, keep looking forward, keep telling yourself I'M WORTH IT.

Thanks Sirius and smallbodytobe... even though I am anxious I feel that I want my doctor's appoint to come quickly so I can get it over with, the waiting is what the problem is. I was told by the nurse at the surgery that once I see the surgeon, then it's likely that I will have the op within the next week or so. :whoo::)

Hi Jane and the rest of the crew. I am from Australia and 52 yo as well. I have been struggling with my weight since I was young... not obese but always overweight. I lost 16 kilos (35 lbs) around 3 years ago but in the last 18 months have managed to put back 12 kilos of it... I have BP and recently had to go on meds for diabetes... which has brought me to the point of looking at banding as a solution to the constant yo-yoing over the years. I have spoken to a couple of people who done it with great success but that hasn't stopped the fears... I've noticed that I can't stop eating since making the decision to go ahead with it (put on 3 of the 12 kilos just in the last month :)) I have an appointment with the surgeon on 10 Oct but not sure exactly when the op will be. I have many fears... not coming out of it or coming out of it with a problem... regretting doing it and the list goes on. It was great reading your posts and then seeing you came out of it fine and getting on with it. Of course I'm still anxious but a little more positive hearing your story and the other newby's stories. Thanks.

Hi Sades,

I can relate to what your saying I am waiting for 11 months for private insurance here in oz to kick in - a very close friend and i will be getting the band together which does make it easier.

I went through the same thoughts as you - what should I eat until surgery.

I like food but it is not my friend for me exercise or lack of it has been my biggest problem.

How I conquered the feelings of doubt is to read all the wonderful stories of women who have had surgery and have gained control back of their lives.

Check out the before and after photos thread it is amazing to see the smiles on the womens faces - and the blokes - after having surgery and then becoming the woman are they really on the inside.

I am really positive about this choice and I say - Bring it On !!!

I have been a FAT WOMAN for more than 20 years and well - she just ain't me - so I am giving her the BOOT or the band :)

I don't expect to wake up after surgery and it to be easy but lapband surgery is the tool that i want to conquer the fat.

I'm almost 48 so I am no spring chicken - I know my quality of life is non existent at the moment and that is what I'm after!

My suggestion to you is read more and check out the before and after photos and keep comming back to this wonderful forum for support - we are here for you!

kind regards M:whoo: