Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being banded on Monday

I was banded Sept 24th. so far so good. Daily bouts of weariness and the first couple of days I had a few moments of postpartum-type doubt, but it soon passed.

I feel like I can do this.

I agree Baytown Bert. I have that same feeling that I can do really do it as well.

I solved my texture/crunch problem ( not craving food but the feel of it) had a fruit juice frozen tube that could mash up . It was awesome.

Take care

catch you later

Jane

janer55: I'm doing that very thing with sugar-free Popsicles. I went to Wally Mart and bought a different name brand tonight, just so I could have a possible variety.

In these beginning days (day 5 post-OP), I am making the transition from eating in a 50+ year abandoned fashion to being a lap-bander, by hitting the liquids with abandon.

Bullion cubes are salty and high sodium and quite tasty. Mixed with about a gallon of sipped Water chasers, I ain't going to sweat the sodium. I have been putting the bullion in an insulated cup and sipping it.

I've been keeping a 22oz Water bottle with a screw on restricting device cap with me all y waking hours and this causes me to sip it constantly.

I have noticed something peculiar and I'm not sure if it is being caused by the lack of carbs, or what. it is a lackluster attitude towards my normal activities, which include many hours on my PC, watching TV, etc. Even the music I normally listen too, seems too busy.

The absolute best times for me each day are simply sitting on my back porch, watching the birds and listening to the neighborhood sounds.

The absolute best times for me each day are simply sitting on my back porch, watching the birds and listening to the neighborhood sounds.

Sounds great. We have a bird feeder in our back yard and I love watching the galahs and parrots that come along. I think our record is 8 at one time

Take care

Jane

Hi all well i got back home at around 12 miday on Saturday and feel pretty good ,1 hour taxi to airport and 1 hour flight back to the UK.Sipping Water, tea coffee all no sugar of course.<br /> Mike

sirusman: Dang, you are one serious lap-band traveler! I had to drive 4 miles, surgery at 4pm and home at 9pm. We have a pretty good medical network here in Baytown and we are 30 miles from Houston, Texas.

Sip - sip - sip! :whoo:

Hi Bert here in the UK it is very difficult to get sugery,i chose to self pay and use a surgeon in Belgium who is world renowned.

I'm on day 5 and I haven't really experienced that yet. maybe I have a mental block set up, but I have been sipping that Water till the cows come home. About one gallon a day and I keep that water bottle with me all the time, so that might be why I haven't been hungry.

Get some chicken and beef bullion cubes and a sippy cup. heat two cups of Water, drop the cubes in it and stir until they are dissolved, then pour it in your sippy cup ( an insulted cup with a partially open lid). After its gone, move back to your water.

If the urge hits you, grab a sugar free Popsicle.

You know, I might be talking through my hat here since my band is so new, but going back a couple of year to when I did the Atkins real seriously, I did not experience hunger, as long as I stayed with the plan. it was only when I deviated that things began to unravel.

A nurse told me that many times folks with the Band experience unnecessary trouble, because they try to cheat around the Band. I do not plan to do that. I'm 55 and headed towards diabetes and my blood pressure alone is going to kill me if I had kept eating the way I had for years.

I look at it this way, sooner or later my diet was going to kill me, or restrict me to some terrible diet, so if I got the Band, i could restore my health, lose weight, curb my cravings, lower my blood pressure, and knock out the possible diabetes.

Cheat the band? I don't think so. :heh:

I have not gone through the expence ,trouble and pain of getting the band just to try to cheat it.I had a bad time in surgery due to a problem not spotted my my doctors in the UK pror to sugery,spent 3 nights in ICU and a very unpleasent experiance it was,no way am i going to try to cheat now

Kath your weight loss must be a healthy one,if you are too tight and can not eat then that can not be healthy.I know we try to balance the speed of loss against the trauma of not being able to eat but please keep an eye on your general health and from that decide on an unfill or not

Hi my name is Jane. I am 52, have been overweight for as long as I can remember and I am being banded on Monday. I am having mixed emotions as the day gets nearer.:nervous Some days , hours or minutes I am so convinced that this is the best thing to do :clap2:and other times I wonder what am I setting myself up for.

Having said that my whole process of thinking about, researching and actually committing has been very fast. In all it has taken about 8 weeks since I first decided and went to an information night . From there I talked to my local doctor and then went for some blood tests etc before getting to see my surgeon. By the end of that first appointment I had a date booked and a month ago started on the Optifast. Over the month i have lost 8 kilos but today has been a no goer in I seemed to have told myself that it is okay to have the last meal etc.

I am not thinking banding is going to be a magic pill or cure having lurked in this and other message boards and reading other bandsters blogs I am well aware of what is ahead of me. I

I guess I am interested talking to others who are due to be banded soon as well as people who are older ( I have been looking at the over 50 thread) a

Glad to see you made it! :clap2: