Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being banded on Monday

Hi jane,

Well i am 48 and heading to the surgeons table in 11 months and 14 days - I am so excited i hope it comes fast.

U wil be fine think of all the positives - and look forward to a better future and quality of life which is your right.

All the best,

kind regards

M

I am also being banded next week on Friday, Sept. 28. I have to drive about 3 hours to get there and be away from my family and home for three nights.

Nervous is a key word I am feeling the exact same way. My husband is being very supportive and has been with me every step of the way. I know I will make it through, but sometimes I have doubts also. I really think this is normal.

I have been overweight since a child and am really looking forward to the new me. I know we are all making the right decision I think the fear of surgery is just overwhelming and when the hospital and doctor ask you all the "pre-op" questions you start to wonder.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress.

I am 47 and had my surgery 4 weeks ago. For a few days following your surgery you MAY even wonder if you made the right decision. But...IT IS worth it. I hurt for a few days, had trouble with trapped gas from anesthesia, and had no energy, but that quickly passes. I moved to real foods probably too quickly because I started feeling like a million bucks by 10 days post, and that was too soon. Everyone is different I think. My biggest mistake was Peanut Butter on toast. I figured peanut butter was high in Protein, and was told taost was ok, not realizing when you add pnut butter on it, it makes the toast consistency Gummy. I thought I had a heart attack and begged my husband to take me to the hospital so beware of dumb things like that. Don't rush real food. The Protein Shakes were a real plus when I chose Breyers low carb ice cream (4g carb) instead of milk to make my shakes, creamy & delicious.

Hi Hestie

Good luck for the 28th. I must admit that now it is all over I feel really silly about my being nervous. I even sat down and wrote a letter to my family should anything go wrong but as you can see its all gone fine.

I am either lucky or the worst is still to come but feel really good I feel as if I have done too many sit ups but then its only 24 hours after op.

Hi Mrspete I am so postive this is the right thing to have down. Mind you as said so far not a lot of discomfort or any of the gas you talked about. Will keep head of your advice when start eating 2 weeks of liquids first then mushies

Hope to hear how the rest of up coming banders are feeling after being banded

Take care

Hey babe - was thinkin about ya, even this morning, I was thinking... oh now she'll be having her barium swallow, now the doctor should be around, now she should be going home............... bit like a stalker really!! lol......... glad to see you are safe and well, talk soon - luv K

Hi Sirusman (mike)

Just checking in to see how it all went and if you are back home yet. Thoughts are with you

Hi Hestie

Will keep you in my thoughts for tomorrow and know everything will be fine.

Just realised this could be a day earlier for you both as in Australia we are ahead in which case I will extend thoughts for an extra day and that would be good luck today Mike.

Love to hear how you both go

Sorry for rambling take care

Jane

hi to all of you and thanks for your thoughts wishes and prayers,I am now one day post op and feeling fine just a little discomfort. I will see my surgeon on Friday and then fly back to the Uk on Saturday

Mike

Glad to hear you are feeling fine. Must admit I am not too sure that I would want to fly anywhere . How long is the flight and what part of UK.

Enjoy the liquid stage! Must admit I'm craving texture not food just a different texture to liquid . Hopefully that will make more sense to you in a few days

Take care

Jane

Good Morning Miss Jane, i have just read your entire blog, and it is fantastic!!! I would love to do one of those, but i don't know how........... keep up the entries, it will be a great record of your journey. I am so proud of you, and I am glad you have come in to my life. Hugs K

Its easy to do and if you really would like to do one can give you plenty of help.

First step is to click on create a blog and then select a layout and type away. Give it a go. You will be surprised what you can achieve

Hi Jane, My wife and I get banded Oct.1st. I have the exact feelings, anxiety, and questions about taking the leap that you did. But for me, the bottom line is 'Nothing else has worked.' I need something physical to SAY NO to excessive portions (or face unpleasant consequences). This grounds me. Some people need canes, etc., to go about their lives and I need a band...my wife... and you guys.

P.S. D.O.B. May '56

I agree with what you say. All the best for the first to you and your wife keep us posted on how things go/

Take care

Jane

Congrats on banding! As one over 50 I know exactly what you are going through...I had my surgery on 9-21-07 and did it for health reasons and not to "get skinny"....realistically, at our age we are going to sag a lot more than the 20 and 30 yr olds ! Am starting at a fitness center with a personal trainer to spot train my "sagging" spots and hopefully won't be too bad !!

Never to old to get better !