Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A confession but not food related!

I must confess, I am 44 years old woman and been happily married for over 20 years. My hubby ALWAYS puts me and our 3 kids first and never allowed himself anything very nice vehicle wise.

Well, a few months ago his truck was on its last mile and I practically MADE him buy a truck I just knew he loved. Him keeping his old truck was not so much a money issue as it was he would rather buy a kid a new bat or glove etc.

We found the most awesome truck and I pretty much had to BEG him to buy it as the payment wasn't a problem.

He is so genuine and so sweet that right out of the blue the other night he grabbed me in his arms and said... "Thank you"! I asked for what and his reply was.."for making me buy my truck".

Now my confession... I almost hate it at the moment Bc I have to use the side step to get in and my knees almost all but scream at me to stop putting all my weight on them to get in the truck. I'm embarrassed.

Come on 1/26/17 sleeve surgery!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh sweety! You both sound like incredibly giving and unselfish people. Maybe just tell hubby that right now, your knees hurt too much.

All my pains, ailments, stressors virtually went away when I had my surgery. NO lie - 2 weeks after my surgery I was able to move better - and just easily. Find comfort in knowing that VERY soon - you will be riding along your hubby in his pretty new truck and his pretty healthy wife sitting next to him. xoxo

Thank you Wonder Woman! Love the name btw!

Scary thing is I work in an Orthopedic office after many years working in OB. I see the horrible things that happen to knees, ankles , and hips under excess weight.

I am so so so glad that I started this process before I took this job Bc now I'm almost to surgery day. 14 days and counting!

Excess weight certainly causes problems.

I must confess, I am 44 years old woman and been happily married for over 20 years. My hubby ALWAYS puts me and our 3 kids first and never allowed himself anything very nice vehicle wise.

Well, a few months ago his truck was on its last mile and I practically MADE him buy a truck I just knew he loved. Him keeping his old truck was not so much a money issue as it was he would rather buy a kid a new bat or glove etc.

We found the most awesome truck and I pretty much had to BEG him to buy it as the payment wasn't a problem.

He is so genuine and so sweet that right out of the blue the other night he grabbed me in his arms and said... "Thank you"! I asked for what and his reply was.."for making me buy my truck".

Now my confession... I almost hate it at the moment Bc I have to use the side step to get in and my knees almost all but scream at me to stop putting all my weight on them to get in the truck. I'm embarrassed.

Come on 1/26/17 sleeve surgery!

My husband has a big ole lifted truck that I struggled to get into. We had hydraulic step rails added that drop down when the door is open and tuck back under when the doors are closed. You can't even see them when the door is closed to the truck looks better anyway. We love them! Cost $1400.

I git a little kiddy step stool/seat. Plastic, very lightweight. Drilled a hole in one end to put a plastic rope through. I open the door. Get the step stool out of the truck. Place it on the ground. Mostly with my foot with the string/rope in my hand. Step up on the running board then step up to the floor board. Sit down. Pick up the step stool and put it where ever I need to. Off you go!!!! Easy! Pease! Japanesy!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Lol. That's a great idea using the kids step. Way fun too but With the hydraulic step rails that would be an excellent bday gift! We never spend money like that but this man has always put himself last so I would love to pull that off for a gift. Secretly though, he doesn't have to know the reason behind my question on here. Lol He will just call me "Best Wife Ever"

I thought I was the only one who needed a step stool! I love our truck but look forward to the day when I can easily hoist myself up on the bar then into the truck. :) funny how the goals we look forward to mean nothing to others but the world to a fat girl like me. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Lol He will just call me "Best Wife Ever"

This is a common phrase around here. "Best wife [or husband] I ever had!" :P

Where are the pictures of the truck?!

Yes, we need to see pictures of the truck! You know the rules of the internet. Pics or it didn't happen! :D

I'm trying to but can't figure out how to put it on without a link coming up. Like you have to click the link to see the picture. Any thoughts.

@@jaynamy3 If you have the picture stored on your computer (I am assuming you are using a computer, since I am old), click on the button for "choose file" under attach files and then click on "Attach this file". That will upload the picture to this site without having to use links to somewhere else.

One thing why my surgery can't come soon enough. My ankles are so messed up and I'm hoping with all my might that at least some of my pain is relieved after I start losing weight.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App