Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers show me your.......

@@JerseyJules - I applaud you in researching this up front. When I was considering it, I read blog posts, watched videos of real patients, and tried to figure out all the worst case scenarios. I wanted to figure out who failed and why. And I had to wrap my mind around what I was going to eat since I am a foodie.

What I figured out was those who failed kept eating the same crap they were eating before, albeit in smaller servings. It is vital you follow the instructions, and most of the worst cases were people who would not FTDI (follow the damn instructions) but the great news is after the first month you slowly add in new foods and test to see what you can tolerate. I can eat everything I used to...but I can now afford the really expensive cuts of meat because I only need 4oz.

So I'm not including pictures because it would be everything. But I would suggest testing which Protein powders you like in advance. You will need them. Try Isopure Clear (you can pick them up at GNC). Not to everyone's taste but I loved the green tea formula, which was 40g of Protein plus hydration, and I could do it during my clear liquid phase which was great. Two of those a day kept my energy level high all the time. It was so good that I had my surgery on a Tuesday, and by Saturday I went to an OU football game with my son. So keep poking around until you have your head wrapped around this.

BOOMER SOONER! I like your priorities--not missing a Sooner game in recovery. I was born in OK and I still have family there--who also don't miss Sooner games.

@@Malin - I don't know if you are Tide fan, but looking forward to the game tonight. I like Sabin, but I think they are going down tonight.

@OKCPirate I'm an SEC (and Sooners) fan more than a Tide fan, per se..but I think Clemson is looking for revenge from last year. Alabama fans are REALLY smug...I'm surrounded by them! They're INSANE.

@@Malin - no kidding. For anyone who doubts it, watch this:

@@JerseyJules - I applaud you in researching this up front. When I was considering it, I read blog posts, watched videos of real patients, and tried to figure out all the worst case scenarios. I wanted to figure out who failed and why. And I had to wrap my mind around what I was going to eat since I am a foodie.

What I figured out was those who failed kept eating the same crap they were eating before, albeit in smaller servings. It is vital you follow the instructions, and most of the worst cases were people who would not FTDI (follow the damn instructions) but the great news is after the first month you slowly add in new foods and test to see what you can tolerate. I can eat everything I used to...but I can now afford the really expensive cuts of meat because I only need 4oz.

So I'm not including pictures because it would be everything. But I would suggest testing which Protein powders you like in advance. You will need them. Try Isopure Clear (you can pick them up at GNC). Not to everyone's taste but I loved the green tea formula, which was 40g of Protein plus hydration, and I could do it during my clear liquid phase which was great. Two of those a day kept my energy level high all the time. It was so good that I had my surgery on a Tuesday, and by Saturday I went to an OU football game with my son. So keep poking around until you have your head wrapped around this.

I actually eat pretty decent believe it or not. Im not a big fried food or greasy food eater. I eat fast food on occasion less than one meal per week usually. I love lean meats and chicken salads.

My issue is I over indulge with portion sizes as a result of never learning proper portion sizes as a child. I have been overweight all my life. 248lbs in 8th grade and wound up senior year in HS getting down to 218 the lightest by eating good and working out. I aintianed about 225-240 till I was about 25 but always just slightly over ate portions. I went through 2 police academies in 1998 and 1999 and didnt lose a single pound went in at 250 came out at 250 despite all the exercise. I know my diet was poor, with larger portions and snacking late at night.

I do like sweets also but rather eat a nice steak over a doughnut, I just often make poor choices and too much of it. An example of a poor decision would be I would eat say 3 egg whites and toast for Breakfast at 9am then by 11 am would get a bacon egg and cheese and 2 doughnuts at Dunkin Doughnuts, then eat lunch at 3 or 4 then dinner at 6 or 7 then go to the gym and eat again late at night like 2 more times after dinner...

I know if I can get to a decent weight i would be 100% able to maintain it for life, its just getting there is the issue, my body will just not let me right now.

Im s

@@JerseyJules - Well the cool thing about WLS is it is more than Portion Control. It will help reset your hunger signals and changes some critical hormonal balances. SEE: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2014/03/26/the-humble-heroes-of-weight-loss-surgery-stomach-acids-and-gut-microbes/#comment-3309413

As far as the other issues dealing with food, may I suggest this book, which I worked through during my research...

https://www.amazon.com/Emotional-First-Aid-Kit-Practical/dp/0976852659

I'm in the purée stage. This is 2 oz of costco grilled chicken strips and 1/2 c of costco Vindaloo. Delicious.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1483993359.165526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Actually looks good. Just pureed chicken in a blender?? How do you feel after eating it?

I'm in the purée stage. This is 2 oz of costco grilled chicken strips and 1/2 c of costco Vindaloo. Delicious.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1483993359.165526.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Actually looks good. Just pureed chicken in a blender?? How do you feel after eating it?

I purée in an old baby food processor. Blender or small food processor would work. Then I hear in the microwave. I really like this dish. I've had it a couple times during purée. Feel great after eating. I'm not sensitive to spice.