Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on December 30th

White Sale I totally understand what you mean when you say it was my decision but sometimes I think people do it 2 taunt me. And it makes me feel mad and a little bit of sad.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

100% understand where you're coming from. I was sleeved 4 days before Christmas. My caretakers ate English muffins with butter that morning and I could've strangled them!!! Really, they were just doing what they'd done every other day of their lives, eating food normally.

On Christmas morning, the family made fresh cinnamon Buns. I was extremely hungry. At that point head hunger was the same as actual hunger. I bawled like a little girl.

I just elected to cut out my friggin' stomach and it's Christmas and everyone's having a grand ole time having scrumptious foods and laughing and my pain medicine stinks and if I sneeze I'll want to die!

I'm definitely not over my hunger pangs, but seeing others eat isn't nearly as tough.

We're here, @@mzyaz!

Thank you sooooo much at @"White Sale"! I know it's the decision I made and I can't blame everybody. And I know it will get better with time I just wish I could fast forward the time lol.

I cried and had a panic attack immediately after waking up. Haven't cried since. I was sleeved 12/29. Progressively better. I think it was all the up, out, and about I've been doing. I drove the next day. Been out every day since. Went back to work today! My bio glue doesn't thank me for it but I haven't been in pain, 2 days no meds of any kind.

My stomach actually growled today! But I haven't experience too much smell nausea. And YES! family will taunt you, not really maliciously but they can't understand what you are going through and they wanna see you react.

This forum is here for you.

It gets better.

Deep breaths. Short walks. Sip sip sip.

????

Sent from my iPhone

I try to get out and about but I don't have anything to hold my stomach with besides my hand and it hurts real bad I get up and walk around the house but if I turn the wrong way that pain shoots right thru the big incision and it makes me not want to move

I try to get out and about but I don't have anything to hold my stomach with besides my hand and it hurts real bad I get up and walk around the house but if I turn the wrong way that pain shoots right thru the big incision and it makes me not want to move

Walmart has these panty girdles (up to 3X for sure, maybe bigger. Get the loose one, it's more meshy, the tight one feels more smooth (hard to explain). Get a size up if you can.

Or I've heard people say binders. Or those Walmart work out pants that are high wasted. That's what I've been doing. I'm gone put on my girdle tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Medicare and rest. Try again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

White Sale I totally understand what you mean when you say it was my decision but sometimes I think people do it 2 taunt me. And it makes me feel mad and a little bit of sad.

I felt same when I got home at first. My sister use to eat right in front of me just to see my reaction but I always looked at the bigger picture. I'm almost 4 weeks post op.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

@@CakesItUp I will most definitely try one of those! Because I'm feeling confined to the house because I can't walk everywhere holding my stomach lol so please let me know how the girdle works out for you

Mizmissy and I know we can't tell anyone what 2 do but sometimes they should at least be considerate of what you are going thru. But I guess not. And i can't get mad it's just like it's already a Battle in it's self and they are just making it harder

I think that's what I need is a binder but I don't know where to find one at?

Actually the nurse at the hospital I was at said she was going to get me one but she forgot and I called them a few days later and said I could pick it up. My mom was like definitely do this since it was most likely already included in the bill! I got operated same day as you so it might not be too late to try and call them!

Hang in there, I was also sleeved 12/30, luckily I don't have the nausea. I keep thinking I am fine but little things I find hard, like I thought I would just start dinner for my husband and son tonight and the smells were sooo good and I was sooo hungry. My son made microwave popcorn after school today and you know how that smell travels the house. I think it is hard now because we still have a long journey ahead but just hold on for a few weeks and I think as you start feeling better and the weight starts to drop you will see the value of your decision.

Edited by NWJill

Does get easier!!!! Surgery was 12/29. We are all going to do this and be happier and healthier for it.

I was sleeved on 12/29 and reading this thread I have felt the same exact thing! Why did I do this? Tears and all...but it gets better each and everyday! Just need to remind myself of the reasons I chose this path and embrace the journey...but it's such a good feeling to know you are not alone in your feelings! You got this!! One day at a time!!

For me it's been a Constant battle since the day before surgery and sometimes I feel like I Did make the wrong decision but again I just have to think about the big picture at the end.