Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those of you who did not have "food funerals":

*This is cross posted. I'm not sure how to delete the older post*

Did you regret it post surgery? Like, now that you can't eat a whole lot at once, do you regret not having that "Last Supper?"

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 12 days post op and seeing as I'm only on purreed foods there are times where I see my family eat and my face looks devastated! Lol BUT I can tell you I do not regret it one bit...I've already lost 22 lbs and loving and enjoying it more than the last supper! The first few days after surgery were definitely the worst for me where I almost felt shakes to have "real" food. It's all mental. Remember that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App

Not at all. What's to regret? I now wear a size 8 jeans, I've been at a healthy weight because of surgery for 3.5 years and have regained my life. I can run, dance all night, climb sand dunes with my family, do mud runs, shop in any store I please, wear high heels without pain...

Why would I stuff my face one last time, only to add to the weight I wanted to turn around and lose? I ate enough food in my 40 years to fill MORE than my lifetime share. Now I can still eat whatever I want, whenever I want, I just eat a small portion and enjoy each bite instead of just shoveling it in mindlessly.

Life is great. No food funeral needed. Besides, food isn't dead, no reason to mourn it and definitely no reason to Celebrate it.

I'm 12 days post op and seeing as I'm only on purreed foods there are times where I see my family eat and my face looks devastated! Lol BUT I can tell you I do not regret it one bit...I've already lost 22 lbs and loving and enjoying it more than the last supper! The first few days after surgery were definitely the worst for me where I almost felt shakes to have "real" food. It's all mental. Remember that!

Yeah I totally know what you mean by that! I keep telling myself it's all mental, but I'm REALLY regretting not having a "food funeral" I'm in week 2 of my 2 week pre-op diet & it's been very hard. I fear that I will regret it post surgery because not only will I not be able to eat "real" solid food, I can't eat much period. I keep saying "it will be easier" strictly because I shouldn't feel hungry post surgery. But I obviously don't know that because I'm not post surgery lol!

Not at all. What's to regret? I now wear a size 8 jeans, I've been at a healthy weight because of surgery for 3.5 years and have regained my life. I can run, dance all night, climb sand dunes with my family, do mud runs, shop in any store I please, wear high heels without pain...

Why would I stuff my face one last time, only to add to the weight I wanted to turn around and lose? I ate enough food in my 40 years to fill MORE than my lifetime share. Now I can still eat whatever I want, whenever I want, I just eat a small portion and enjoy each bite instead of just shoveling it in mindlessly.

Life is great. No food funeral needed. Besides, food isn't dead, no reason to mourn it and definitely no reason to Celebrate it.

Oh definitely! You make a good point about eating a good share of food over the years. I'm gonna have to keep that in mind. I'm craving a Philly cheesesteak so so bad. But I've had plenty over the years. Not to mention, they aren't going anywhere lol

Philly cheesesteak is one of my favorite foods! We have WhichWich here that scoops all the bread out of the sub roll and that's an awesome thing now that I am cleared for all foods. I can only eat a quarter of the 6" but that means leftovers for me a a half for the hubby.

When I was in my losing stage, I would buy the rarest roast beef I could find, lay out a slice, put a mozzarella cheese stick inside with some red onion), roll it up and heat it on all sides in a pan until the cheese was melty. Cured my craving for steak and cheese without the "guilt". One roll up was the perfect amount, too. And yes, I IDID dip it in a little mayo. I often added avocado, too, but I am weird like that.

I DID have food funerals, and I regretted it. It didn't make me feel any better, and it just pushed me further from my goals. food isn't going anywhere. :) We are breaking the old thoughts of food and reshaping a new view that doesn't center on celebrating food. it's so dang hard. But we can do it. I'm 3 weeks post op today.

Yeah I totally know what you mean by that! I keep telling myself it's all mental, but I'm REALLY regretting not having a "food funeral" I'm in week 2 of my 2 week pre-op diet & it's been very hard. I fear that I will regret it post surgery because not only will I not be able to eat "real" solid food, I can't eat much period. I keep saying "it will be easier" strictly because I shouldn't feel hungry post surgery. But I obviously don't know that because I'm not post surgery lol!

Not gonna lie! For me it was difficult knowing that I couldn't eat "real" food post-op even me NOT being hungry! But if your holding out during pre-op even with the temptation. You'll be fine during post-op! Once you start seeing that your shedding those pounds...food will be the last thing on your mind!! :)

I DID have food funerals, and I regretted it. It didn't make me feel any better, and it just pushed me further from my goals. food isn't going anywhere. :) We are breaking the old thoughts of food and reshaping a new view that doesn't center on celebrating food. it's so dang hard. But we can do it. I'm 3 weeks post op today.

So friggin true! I'm happy to hear you regretted it. Not in like, a bad way? Hopefully it makes sense. Basically, I know I will. And just like you said, it'll push me farther from my goals. It would essentially feel like I'm starting over on Day 1. I'm really trying not to cheat. It's definitely hard. But just as you said? WE CAN DO IT! Congrats on being 3 weeks post op! Has it gotten any better since having the surgery?

Philly cheesesteak is one of my favorite foods! We have WhichWich here that scoops all the bread out of the sub roll and that's an awesome thing now that I am cleared for all foods. I can only eat a quarter of the 6" but that means leftovers for me a a half for the hubby.

When I was in my losing stage, I would buy the rarest roast beef I could find, lay out a slice, put a mozzarella cheese stick inside with some red onion), roll it up and heat it on all sides in a pan until the cheese was melty. Cured my craving for steak and cheese without the "guilt". One roll up was the perfect amount, too. And yes, I IDID dip it in a little mayo. I often added avocado, too, but I am weird like that.

That sounds magical!!! Hahaha! But I'm also on the pre-op diet & dying of starvation.

Not gonna lie! For me it was difficult knowing that I couldn't eat "real" food post-op even me NOT being hungry! But if your holding out during pre-op even with the temptation. You'll be fine during post-op! Once you start seeing that your shedding those pounds...food will be the last thing on your mind!! :)

That's seriously so motivating!! I'll definitely keep going. I literally told my husband that I'm just gonna use this frustration to better fuel my drive to get to my goal! ????

That's seriously so motivating!! I'll definitely keep going. I literally told my husband that I'm just gonna use this frustration to better fuel my drive to get to my goal! ????

Strangely, no. Not at all. But I fully embraced my new normal, I have really enjoyed my two-year ride.

Strangely, no. Not at all. But I fully embraced my new normal, I have really enjoyed my two-year ride.

What he said (wrote). A lot of the things I really liked in the way of Protein are still things I can eat. It is all about the taste and texture, not the quantity. I have experimented with some of the other things - i.e. carbs that aren't so healthy - and discovered that I really don't have much of a taste for sweets anymore. I count that as a huge positive, as I really had a sweet tooth going into this.

I have not regretted this for a moment, even when watching people devour all the fun stuff at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am healthier, and my family says I am happier than I used to be.

I did have a "funeral" for a few items before I started my liquid diet. Honestly, I shouldn't have. The funeral is a hoax because the food still exists!! Having it "one last time" does not make you want it any less.

I'm 7 weeks out from VSG and I'm concentrating so much on eating the right things and learning what my stomach is okay with that I don't worry too much about my old foods. Truly, I can imagine how sick I would feel if I ate junk that the idea completely turns me off. Once in a while I get down about the loss of freedom. I can never just eat something and not think about it. I've been a little sad about that.

No regrets, this has been the best thing I've done for myself. Good luck to you in your journey!

The food is not going anywhere. No need for funerals.

The surgery is not magic, either.

If you don't change your thinking then you'll struggle with weight forever....post op as well.

Now is the time to be getting your mind wrapped around a new lifestyle...not being concerned over specific foods. If you don't fix your thinking then the surgery is simply a colossal waste of time and money.