Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Green Spot / Sweet Spot - How do you know?

I had my second fill on 12/27. I have a 10 cc lap-band and I now have 5.5 cc in it. How do I know when I'm in the green spot / sweet spot? I actually feel pretty good after two adjustments, but my doctor scheduled me to come in at the end of the month (as I was leaving my second fill appointment). I eat a three ounce chicken thigh and a couple bites of veggies and I'm full.

What does it feel like when you have the perfect amount of restriction, and approximately how much are you eating per meal?

Thanks!

I will need this info too....lol.

Back on solids... right now I'm just trying to get used to smaller bites and chewing my food to nothing.

If I don't... food gets stuck and.... well it's not fun...lol.

The band feels tight enough... just not sure about getting the full feeling.

It obviously keeps me thinking every time I put some food in my mouth.

And maybe...that is what it is all about.

Portion control... weary of what I'm eating, and of course.... exercise!!!!

Was lucky today... no snow on the ground, so I hit the trail along the canal.

Feels great being able to walk outside... the treadmill is so boring!!!!

It honestly varies person to person depending on size your band etc. I have a large 14cc band. When I got to sweet spot you have the full feeling not being miserable. What I struggled with is leaving food on my plate. I think that's the biggest thing most have to over come. Many times I was greedy and felt the pouch full, but because I liked what I was eating, I would wait and push it. Then...... stuck, miserable, sliming, vomit.

I knew I wasn't in the sweet spot when I could eat close to a regular size plate or drink beverage right after eating

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

If what you're eating now makes you full then that's your sweet spot, especially if your not gaining or really hungry shortly thereafter. Just tell that to doc when u go back. They schedule u for folks to check on progress and for you to let them know you reach satiety after you eat. Then typically they'll leave it alone

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My take is this is your band training you! It is a difference having consequences .....vs eating with abandon anytime.(banded 12/06)

I hope you can figure out what is the right amount for you to feel " not hungry".

(Took me a long time to get the difference from full)

We all just try to learn and respect the band hopefully.

Good luck and keep posting

Maybe the next fill will be just right. Please try to not count on rejecting/productive burping(pb) your food. As a vet, I do know that an irritated band is not happy... it takes me days of yogurt, cheese, softer food to let my band rest

I have cancelled my January fill appt. At this point I feel good with 5.5cc. I'm counting calories and eating high Protein and low carb. I will monitor my weight loss and how I feel. I am also going to check with the surgeons office to see if I can stop in monthly and get weighed. I would love to have that official weight monitoring.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.