Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many times a day should I be eating?

Ok, I know I am about to sound like a hungry hungry hippo.... but.....

I am 8 days PO. I am so hungry today and I think I am eating/drinking too much. Today I can start on mushies, but have mostly only had liquids.

1. 6 am, I drank a danactive yogurt at 6am (3 oz).

2. 8am, I drank a Protein shake (8oz) w/ 30 grams of Protein.

3. By 9:30, I am hungry, wondering when lunch will be. Soooo I eat a cup of broth w/soft vegetables.

4. By 11:30, I am hungry again! I make ANOTHER Protein Shake, hoping this will curb my hunger.

5. Now it is 3:00 and I am hungry again and want something.

Am I out of control??? I am hungry every 2 hours.

The good thing is that I am tracking my calories/protein/carb to make sure that I am not overdoing it on the calories, but I think I am hungry too much!

:)Tulipstar,

Try Some Mussies Like Scrambled eggs, Cot. cheese, Apple Sauce. The liquids Go Right Through You And That Is Part Of Why You Are Getting Hungry So Soon. Trust Me It Will Get Better. Call your dietician and ask for advice. Good luck.

JP

Ok, I know I am about to sound like a hungry hungry hippo.... but.....

I am 8 days PO. I am so hungry today and I think I am eating/drinking too much. Today I can start on mushies, but have mostly only had liquids.

1. 6 am, I drank a danactive yogurt at 6am (3 oz).

2. 8am, I drank a Protein shake (8oz) w/ 30 grams of Protein.< /p>

3. By 9:30, I am hungry, wondering when lunch will be. Soooo I eat a cup of broth w/soft vegetables.

4. By 11:30, I am hungry again! I make ANOTHER Protein Shake, hoping this will curb my hunger.

5. Now it is 3:00 and I am hungry again and want something.

Am I out of control??? I am hungry every 2 hours.

The good thing is that I am tracking my calories/protein/carb to make sure that I am not overdoing it on the calories, but I think I am hungry too much!

One thing I learned was the more protein and fewer carbs I ate, the less hungry I was.

It's interesting reading these posts...I was banded on Sept 5th, and was told for the first 2 weeks have 1 ounce of fluids every 15 minutes. After the second week, it's 2 ounces of soft mushies every 30 minutes. Things like scrambled eggs and to switch every 30 minutes w/high Protein shakes, pureed fruit, etc. Then, sip on Water between.

But I'm still HUNGRY! I want to bite into something and eat it, like a normal person. ;) But I'm losing weight and that's keeping me going. My first fill in in October, and I'm just holding on to then.

Does it hurt when you drink 8oz at a time?

My surgery was on 9-13 - so that makes me post-op day 6. I am still on liquids - go back for post-op check tomorrow and get advanced to mushies. I am having a problem with not feeling like eating at all. Yesterday I had a yogurt drink and some Jello and lots of lots of Water and felt full all day. I have not been nauseated or sick at all. I just havent been hungry. Also, I have been walking a lot. I am SO DETERMINED to lose weight ..... I am almost afraid to eat anything. Do you think that hurts if you dont eat anything? I take a Multivitamin every day.......

I don't know...I would think if you're not getting enough Protein, but I would ask the Doc to be sure.

I'm trying to get my butt out of bed earlier to walk, but I've been losing that battle this week. I was doing very well pre-surgery and lost weight, and was feeling great. Now, I am sleepy! What is motivating you?

Two things are motivating me....one, my oldest son is getting married on October 6th. I already bought a dress about a month ago and I am hoping that I can lose some more weight and go by a different dress! I only wish I had more time!

The second thing.....its kind of strange but its like knowing I CAN'T eat, is a motivation for me. Its like getting this band turned off the desire for food because I know I CAN'T or I could get sick. Hopefully this feeling sticks with me...since I am only 6 days post-op. But I just having this feeling like I have the very best chance for success right now and I really really want it! That, and I guess I am crazy too!! lol

That doesn't sound strange at all! There were certain veggies that I had reactions to. I loved them, but I couldn't eat them and I wasn't tempted. I always said I wish I had those reactions to the bad stuff. :rolleyes: Now I do! I do better with the restriction...left on my own I'd eat bad forever, then hate myself in the morning. This band, as I see it, is the best thing I have done for myself. ;)

I see "normal" women and instead of thinking "if only I looked like that", I think "i WILL look like that. :)

I can definitely relate! So far so good and I too think this is the best thing I have ever done for myself! I know it is just a matter of time before I look like the person I know is trapped inside of my fat body!!!

LOL! I have a 3 way, folding mirror in my bathroom, and sometimes, when one isn't shut all the way it scrunches my reflection and I look thin. It's the best moment of my morning. :rolleyes:

My surgery was on 9-13 - so that makes me post-op day 6. I am still on liquids - go back for post-op check tomorrow and get advanced to mushies. I am having a problem with not feeling like eating at all. Yesterday I had a yogurt drink and some Jello and lots of lots of Water and felt full all day. I have not been nauseated or sick at all. I just havent been hungry. Also, I have been walking a lot. I am SO DETERMINED to lose weight ..... I am almost afraid to eat anything. Do you think that hurts if you dont eat anything? I take a Multivitamin every day.......

My concern would be a Protein deficiency.

I advise you to ask your doctor or nutritionist about this, as a protein deficiency will ultimately sacrifice the fat-burning muscle in your body, resulting in less muscle and a higher percentage of body fat.