Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy holidays all, i guess im posting just to get some feed back of my current situation sorry for the on going long post it's been a while I've log on......but here it goes between the 2 jobs during this busy Xmas season and 2 kids I feel as I haven't had a moment to my self and have been lacking in putting my health first. I'm officially 2 months post op sleeve, surgery was on October 27 2016 I basically can eat small portions of anything at this point but I'd rather stick to extremely some foods since that's what I handle best. I've also stayed way from starches unfortunately with Xmas eve and Xmas family dinners I've cheated with the starchy food I've lost 40lbd so far but for the last 2 weeks I've stayed at my current weight 204 and it makes me sad. I know starchy foods don't help but I've realized this past week I've been so busy I barley have time to take my Multivitamins and Calcium and honestly I can do a lot better with my Water intake. I'm looking forward to a couple days off soon so I can cater to myself and get back on track of course in between of being a mommy to 2 beautiful girls but I guess my point is just to get some feed back and hoping I'm not alone. Happy holidays!

It's the barley that will get you every time.

Stop the fretting and flapping around. Cut out the empty carbs. Not all carbs are empty. Guilt is an empty carb. "Poor me, I'm so bad" does nothing for you, much like wearing an unflattering hat. Allow yourself to be a flawed human and give it your best.

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

I was discussing this with Mrs. LittleBill yesterday. I am just a few weeks ahead of you. I hit a stall shortly after Thanksgiving, and am still there. I have been behaving myself probably 90%, which means I have had a very few Cookies, a small amount of stuffing, all the BAD carbs.

Did they contribute to my stall? Am I not exercising enough? Am I a worthless person who deserves to be fat the rest of my life?

The answer to all of these is mostly no, with a little maybe for the first part. It doesn't matter, and in a case like this, trying to pin it down and assign blame is as fruitless as a post op liquid diet.

What matters is staying the course for the long haul. What matters is looking back and seeing how far you've come already. Stick with your program, tweak it as it needs it, and don't look at the scale so often. If you do things as your are supposed to do, your weight will come off. But it does not come off in a linear fashion.

Guilt!! Hell. That's what you came to have removed!! You are beautiful and amazing! I don't even know you! You want to be healthier for you and your family. No more worrying about weight! You are doing it. NO GUILT! Most important-kids can weight while you drink a Protein shake and eat Vitamins. Drink the water-set timers. You must do at least those three things for you. Plan New Years-a drink or two, half of a dessert, no bread or potatoes or Pasta. Just plan. You find you stayed close to it and you'll be very pleased with yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It's the barley that will get you every time.

Stop the fretting and flapping around. Cut out the empty carbs. Not all carbs are empty. Guilt is an empty carb. "Poor me, I'm so bad" does nothing for you, much like wearing an unflattering hat. Allow yourself to be a flawed human and give it your best.

Ty :)

I was discussing this with Mrs. LittleBill yesterday. I am just a few weeks ahead of you. I hit a stall shortly after Thanksgiving, and am still there. I have been behaving myself probably 90%, which means I have had a very few Cookies, a small amount of stuffing, all the BAD carbs.

Did they contribute to my stall? Am I not exercising enough? Am I a worthless person who deserves to be fat the rest of my life?

The answer to all of these is mostly no, with a little maybe for the first part. It doesn't matter, and in a case like this, trying to pin it down and assign blame is as fruitless as a post op liquid diet.

What matters is staying the course for the long haul. What matters is looking back and seeing how far you've come already. Stick with your program, tweak it as it needs it, and don't look at the scale so often. If you do things as your are supposed to do, your weight will come off. But it does not come off in a linear fashion.

Ty for the positive words

Guilt!! Hell. That's what you came to have removed!! You are beautiful and amazing! I don't even know you! You want to be healthier for you and your family. No more worrying about weight! You are doing it. NO GUILT! Most important-kids can weight while you drink a Protein shake and eat Vitamins. Drink the water-set timers. You must do at least those three things for you. Plan New Years-a drink or two, half of a dessert, no bread or potatoes or Pasta. Just plan. You find you stayed close to it and you'll be very pleased with yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much ur words really hit me hard and so true ty :)

Take a deep breath. Holidays are almost over. The urges will almost be gone. You're almost there.