Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you think about it this time of year is the best because you forgo over eating and all the bloating. I had mine right before Thanksgiving and I was happy not to eat all that junk! Keep strong and stay the course it is so worth it. I have lost 80 pounds over all since the liquid diet and surgery!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations! You are totally winning!

I was able to lose 50 lbs over the three months before my VSG surgery on Dec 14 and since surgery I've dropped an additional 19 lbs.

I know we can all do this!

Great job!

Don't look back, turn the page, and let your next chapter begin!

attachicon.gif 20161222_142549.jpg 8 days into liquid diet. Just wondering why on earth would we choose this time of year. The challenges were faced with. But I'm still sticking to my liquid diet.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using the BariatricPal App

I'm actually starting my diet early for this reason. I don't have surgery until 1/26, but I started Protein shakes for breakfast/lunch/snacks yesterday.

This way, I'll be able to enjoy family dinners during this holiday season, but I won't use the holidays as an excuse to cram all kinds of junk in my face all day long.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

why do the people who run WWs meetings put the chairs close together? I was FAT!

@@sammysue5

chairs close together at WW is crazy!!!

went to movie at 86 yr old moms' retirement home

mom and many, many others are hard of hearing

all the chairs pushed to the back of the room

OP can't hear that far back

why would they do that?? :wacko:

kathy

Today is my day 1. Just had my second shake was going to do 3 shakes in a row .. then have my frozen meal when i get home but i think I need to have my frozen meal next and do my shake as the last meal. I AM STARVING!

Day 1 of liquids. So hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I actually expected worse then it has been, not that it has been easy, one more week and surgery day is here, will be a hard weekend but making a plan to make it work. It has helped to see how fast the pounds are dropping on my preop diet, it is good motivation

when did you start the pre op diet? How much have you lost? I have all these burning questions. Today has been kinda tough but that's to be expected on my first day. I'm hoping I could go into surgery weighing at least 290. When I weighed myself on Wednesday I was 303.

I actually expected worse then it has been, not that it has been easy, one more week and surgery day is here, will be a hard weekend but making a plan to make it work. It has helped to see how fast the pounds are dropping on my preop diet, it is good motivation

Magnificent2016

I started on Dec 16th and I have lost 20 pounds, which seems crazy to me, but I have lipo-lymphedema which means it might be a drop in my Fluid retention, I am also much heavier than many here so that makes a difference as well

Edited by NWJill

8 days into liquid diet. Just wondering why on earth would we choose this time of year. The challenges were faced with. But I'm still sticking to my liquid diet.

The last time I checked, eggnog and coquito were liquid. Maybe they still are. :o

Magnificent2016

I started on Dec 16th and I have lost 20 pounds, which seems crazy to me, but I have lipo-lymphedema which means it might be a drop in my Fluid retention, I am also much heavier than many here so that makes a difference as well

Wow! Congrats on your success. You're doing fantastic!

Don't look back, turn the page, and let your next chapter begin!

You do it when you can do it. I had mine on the one day I could for 18 months. My schedule was just that fixed. Stick to your surgeons plan. The idea isn't so much the weight loss but to shrink your liver. I did it so well my surgeon was done in half of his normal time which made recovery easier.

When I see cans or boxes of junk foods I visualize them strapped to my hips and tummy. Because thats what would happen to me. That does the trick!

I've actually found that working and being on the liquid diet has made it easier for me. It's easier for me to stay on track and days when I don't work I struggle to drink 3 shakes a day and eat a meal. When I'm at work I'm on a schedule.