Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm about 10 days post op..

How far out are you? What stage are you at? I am 7 weeks out and I could have a little taste of taco meat but too much would make me feel barfy.

How far out are you? What stage are you at? I am 7 weeks out and I could have a little taste of taco meat but too much would make me feel barfy.

Ten days. Creamy stage. They told me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 8 days out and find it's the salt that I'm craving today. Only broth that seems to pass the taste test is the packets in top ramen but divided over 3 - half cups of Water. No noodles, just the broth and my salt fix is happy.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ughhhh

I could have ground beef on soft food stage. You will get there soon. Spices were wonderful.

Ahhh I can't wait. I just want it soooo bad. I'm tired of Soup

I'm not really hungry but I'm craving TACO meat. OMG. IM TIRED OF Soup, Protein shakes AND Water.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

Ground turkey with taco seasoning, cheese and salsa was the first thing I ate as soon as I was allowed to!!! It was phenomenal

I'm not really hungry but I'm craving TACO meat. OMG. IM TIRED OF SOUP, Protein Shakes AND Water.

Please tell me I'm not alone.

Ground turkey with taco seasoning, cheese and salsa was the first thing I ate as soon as I was allowed to!!! It was phenomenal

I'm also 10 days out and i get "hungry" every night around dinner. I've cheated a couple times and ate some French fries and mash potatoes. I've also over ate with my Soup and Protein shakes and ended up feeling stuffed. I don't regret the surgery but I'm afraid I'm going to fail and lack any self control. I keep thinking once I go back to work and have more of a routine things will be better but right now I am feeling like food still controls my life. Anyone else struggling?

Huskergirl1972 nothing is going to happen bad unless you ate a bunch of sugar. Sugar is a dumping syndrome content that sends you to hell temporarily.. Other than that I ate about 4 bites yesterday when only 12 days in and I still lost a pound I just made sure my dressing was soft potatoes were soft broccoli and cheese casserole was very soft and a piece of smoked turkey like one bite chewed very well and I felt like I was on top of the world hallelujah!!!!!!!

I'm 8 days out and find it's the salt that I'm craving today. Only broth that seems to pass the taste test is the packets in top ramen but divided over 3 - half cups of Water. No noodles, just the broth and my salt fix is happy.

I was craving salt in week 1 and 2. I lived on pumpkin Soup with added salt lol

Sent from my SM-P585Y using the BariatricPal App

Huskergirl1972 nothing is going to happen bad unless you ate a bunch of sugar. Sugar is a dumping syndrome content that sends you to hell temporarily.. Other than that I ate about 4 bites yesterday when only 12 days in and I still lost a pound I just made sure my dressing was soft potatoes were soft broccoli and cheese casserole was very soft and a piece of smoked turkey like one bite chewed very well and I felt like I was on top of the world hallelujah!!!!!!!

That actually depends...

if you're in the first few weeks after surgery there are foods you can eat that can absolutely cause physical issues and jeopardize the safety of the staple line. There's a REASON for the food progression from liquid to puree to soft to full post-op, especially when you have a staple line that's healing the length of your stomach. Eating anything not on your surgeon's list in the first 2 weeks is potentially dangerous. You can have a leak or an abscess if a particle of food gets trapped in your staple line and infects.

And most sleevers don't actually have dumping syndrome. A significant number of bypass patients don't even do it. So it can't be counted on as an aversion technique.

Hi!! I'm 7 days post op and I'm not sure the reason you are not suppose to swallow your medicine? I take meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and a few others. I can't dissolve it and drink it! It makes me very sick!!! Will I be ok swallowing my meds?

Hi!! I'm 7 days post op and I'm not sure the reason you are not suppose to swallow your medicine? I take meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and a few others. I can't dissolve it and drink it! It makes me very sick!!! Will I be ok swallowing my meds?

that one depends on a bunch of things. My surgeon said if the pill was the size of an M&M or smaller (and I assumed not the peanut ones) I could take them staying the day after surgery with my Protein shakes out with applesauce. But my surgeon allowed those things on the full liquid phase that started day 2 if we could keep Water down on day 1. Other surgeons have their patients crush the meds and take with Jello or yogurt unless they are extended release which are never safe to crush. Check with your surgeon or team.

sent from mobile device

My doc said the same thing regarding size, like an M & M. I think the exact measurement was 10mm and then told me to wait 10 min between taking each of them. I can't imagine having to dissolve and drink them! I'd sure check with them on options. Good luck!