Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap band to Sleeve revision pain

I had the lap band to sleeve revision surgery. Ever since I had the first surgery I've been experiencing a compression and cramping pain in the middle of my abdominal. If I sit on a chair it will get worse within the hour. The thing is I contacted my lap band doctor and he told me that there was nothing wrong. They did an upper GI and apparently there was nothing wrong with it. I have a feeling it has something to do with my abdominal muscle because I can feel it in my back sometimes also. I dunno what to do now because he didn't find anything and I may go get this checked out. I really don't think it is just my imagination because this doesn't feel normal.

I had the lap band to sleeve revision surgery. Ever since I had the first surgery I've been experiencing a compression and cramping pain in the middle of my abdominal. If I sit on a chair it will get worse within the hour. The thing is I contacted my lap band doctor and he told me that there was nothing wrong. They did an upper GI and apparently there was nothing wrong with it. I have a feeling it has something to do with my abdominal muscle because I can feel it in my back sometimes also. I dunno what to do now because he didn't find anything and I may go get this checked out. I really don't think it is just my imagination because this doesn't feel normal.

It really frustrates me when a doctor refuses to acknowledge that there's a problem. If you're in pain, there IS a problem. So, you're still having pain even though you've gotten the sleeve? How long ago did you get the revision?

Yeah you see on this board many people just don't read what I post and that is screwed up. You said it "if you are in pain then there is something wrong". I am probably going to the ER near me to get it checked out. I have insurance so it shouldn't be a bad idea. I got the revision about 8 weeks ago. It could be from caffeine and coffee but I don't think that can do that to me. It feels like I pulled a muscle in my abdominal.

Yeah you see on this board many people just don't read what I post and that is screwed up. You said it "if you are in pain then there is something wrong". I am probably going to the ER near me to get it checked out. I have insurance so it shouldn't be a bad idea. I got the revision about 8 weeks ago. It could be from caffeine and coffee but I don't think that can do that to me. It feels like I pulled a muscle in my abdominal.

Sorry to make you go through these questions, I'm just trying to make sure I fully understand what is going on. So, you had the Lap Band done and that is when you first started feeling this pain? And 8 weeks ago you had the revision, and the pain is still present? I would have suggested that it was trapped CO2 gas in your diaphragm. But since it's been 8 weeks, it is highly unlikely that the CO2 gas is still there.

Do you still have your gallbladder? The reason I'm asking is because sometimes, when the body loses weight rapidly, the gallbladder can start to fail, and that can cause a gallstone. When there's a gallstone, you can have pain in your back. Have you ever had a HIDA Scan? If not, you may want to consider getting one.

Also, you may want to have your spleen checked. In rare cases, the spleen can have a lack of oxygen getting to it, which can cause back pain.

I don't mean to alarm you. I'm just thinking of possible reasons. I hate when doctors try to say that nothing is wrong, when someone clearly doesn't feel well. All of this could just be inflammation of the stomach because it is trying to heal, and the pain could be mimicking back pain. Are you getting up and doing a lot? You may need more rest.

The ER might be a good choice, because then you'll have a second opinion. Keep us updated. :)

It feels like tension in the back in my hip bone. I am not making this up it is really confusing. It feels like a sprained muscle in the stomach area. This has been going on for 2 or 3 years. I wish I had something to take to make it go away. The pain otherwise goes in and out. Whenever I sit down its there. It is a confusing type of thing.

It feels like tension in the back in my hip bone. I am not making this up it is really confusing. It feels like a sprained muscle in the stomach area. This has been going on for 2 or 3 years. I wish I had something to take to make it go away. The pain otherwise goes in and out. Whenever I sit down its there. It is a confusing type of thing.

Oh, I believe you. As a person who survived severe kidney stones, I believe everything anyone says about pain. Sorry for all the questions, again. You say that you're feeling pain in your hip bone, but also feeling pain in your stomach area? Are you hurting in 2 different places? Or are you hurting on a specific side?

It probably is on the side. It feels like someone stitched something in correctly. The pain feels somewhat like tension or muscle tension in the abdominal. I'm going to have this checked out. I am not a doctor and I dunno what it might be. They said something about it being tension on the abdominal wall where the port of the lap band used to be. However, this has been going on for a long time.

It probably is on the side. It feels like someone stitched something in correctly. The pain feels somewhat like tension or muscle tension in the abdominal. I'm going to have this checked out. I am not a doctor and I dunno what it might be. They said something about it being tension on the abdominal wall where the port of the lap band used to be. However, this has been going on for a long time.

I actually dislike the Lap Band. I've never had it done, but I've heard of so many complications. I know of 5 women who had it done, and every single one of them (except 1) had to have it removed. The other woman, who still has hers, is on the verge of getting hers out because it's causing her pain. It's like the body is rejecting it. My surgeon is actually trying to have the Lap Band procedure removed from his practice because of all the complications.

Sorry to keep asking so many questions, I'm just trying to figure this out, or at least give you some insight. Is the pain on the right side? And does it feel like a tight band that's wrapped around you? Is it tender to press on?

Please ask for a CT scan when you get this checked out.