Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

I am about three weeks post-op and I cannot get my Protein in. I've had a rough couple of weeks but I ordered powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protein. I hate milk and shakes which I'm sure is where my struggle has been. I used almond milk with my protein after surgery but I just couldn't stomach it.

My unflavored Unjury protein should deliver on Wednesday and I'm anxious at the outcome. Any feedback on it? The texture? Can I really mix it with Crystal Light and I won't taste it? Any other suggestions of a brand that I can mix with Crystal Light?? Thanks!

i didn't have any issues with milk and actually liked the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury vanilla and classic chocolate. the chicken Soup flavor one mixed with just plain Water was a savory godsend!

I think with most of the unflavored ones - you might still have a bit of a protein-y taste.

another option is the fruity Syntrax nectar ones - i mixed those with crystal lite lemonade and drank out of a lidded Blender Bottle - that way any smell doesn't really bother you and using an opaque bottle, the cloudy consistency isn't off-putting either. I really liked the ice tea flavor and the cherry flavor mixed with lemonade.

Hello :)

I use the unflavored unjury Protein powder in cream of celery and cream of chicken Soup, as well as Tomato basil soup and I can't even tell that it's been added to the Soups. I also add the Unjury to non fat refried Beans and yogurt, and can't detect the flavor of the Protein Powder at all in those things.

I tried Unjury in my lemonade flavored Crystal Light and I did notice it changed the flavor, and I didn't like it. Maybe if I had added less Protein Powder it would have been tolerable. You'll just have to play with it and see if you can try it in the Crystal Light and other drinks, such as Powerade Zero and Decaf iced tea.

i didn't have any issues with milk and actually liked the unjury vanilla and classic chocolate. the chicken Soup flavor one mixed with just plain Water was a savory godsend!

I think with most of the unflavored ones - you might still have a bit of a protein-y taste.

another option is the fruity Syntrax nectar ones - i mixed those with crystal lite lemonade and drank out of a lidded Blender Bottle - that way any smell doesn't really bother you and using an opaque bottle, the cloudy consistency isn't off-putting either. I really liked the ice tea flavor and the cherry flavor mixed with lemonade.

I have been considering also trying the Syntrax Nectar. I actually have it in my shopping cart in the store for Bariatric Pal as we speak lol. The only reason that I haven't ordered is because I don't know what flavor to try lol.

I'm 3 weeks post op myself and I also can't stomach the Protein shakes. I also hate milk. Lol Think it's the thickness mostly for me.

I love unjury chicken Soup. I use it almost on a daily basis. I also like the Proti Diet Soups and nectar Fuzzy Navel Protein supplement. It is great with Crystal Light. I drink it daily too. I used the unflavored in soups mostly. Be careful and not warm things up too much with added protein. It goes into a curd consistency if it's too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I got sick of sweet Protein drinks pretty quickly. The unjury unflavored is the only thing I use now. I like to make shakes using 4oz of raw juice, a cup of ice and a scoop of powder. It's between 8-10 grams of carbs but I only gave one a day.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App