Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TENaciousTENS "roll call" as promised!

I'm doing okay. Weight loss is slower than I thought but then again I was only on liquids for 5 days then went to mushy foods. Now 17 days out I have had a few sugar free Cookies, and am having soft foods. I still make my meat mechanically soft but not pureed. I just started walking yesterday, I did a mile and 1/2. That's good for me.

I was very nervous about 3 days before. But just know that the first 2-3 days post surgery are not going to be pleasant. After that it got a little easier. And don't worry if you are hungry...evidently that's normal... I WAS SOOOOO hungry!!! And I even had a 3cc fill on the operating table! I am better now and I have not thrown up at all. There are foods that are touch and go and everyone is different as to what they can tolerate. I'm still taking chewable vitamins but I do take other meds that I don't split to swallow and have had no problem. But I recommend taking all your vitamins!!!! They gave me the needed energy that I wasn't getting from food.< /p>

Good Luck Girl! I'm praying for you!

Thank you for the prayers and advice. I've got my chewable vitamins and all the stuff on the "list". I live a little more than 2 hours from a bigger town, so I have to really plan to have everything I need beforehand. Not having the things I need beforehand has been a failure trap (& handy excuse) for me in the past. I have to get more of the post op menu figured out so I can get ready for that. Any advice?

I'm excited because I'm being banded with a friend so I will have a support person. Being from Montana, we are a long way from any support groups, fill docs, etc.

I know that I'll be uncomfortable for a while, but I'm really excited to get started!! I had my gall bladder out a couple years ago and don't look forward to the gas again! (lots of shoulder pain last time) :cry

Hey October Banders,

Found out this morning that my surgery has been postponed to the 19th. Only 1 day, so no big deal, but as if I wasn't nervous enough over the last few days, I now have one additional day to go. I just want to get this weightloss party started already!!!

For post op diet I had the regular chichken broth and flavored water/green tea and I also had slimfast low carb shakes. They are hard to find now but you can order them on line. Also the sugar free Jello cups. That was for about 5 days... then I was SOME KINDA HUNGRY!!!

My salvation was and is soft scrambled eggs. I top them with cheese and pureed ham or chicken that that's what I have for Breakfast.

For lunch I have ground chicken and either a few canned greenbeans (b/c they are soft and easy to mush in your mouth that way you get the sensation of chewing).

I also LOVE brussel sprouts so I ground those up too frozen, sauteed in a pan and added a tad of butter and lemon juice. WOW YUM-MMMMY!

I also live ion small curd cottage cheese and lite and free yogurt - vanilla - no fruit.

I also sneak a sugar free cookie now and them from the girlscouts.

Well I'm home from my surgery on the 16th. The admitting was horrible. I wasn't allowed to drink anything 12 hours before my surgery and so it took them 8 times to find a spot on me to put my IV. I'm a hard stick normally but even worse when I'm dehydrated.

The surgery went fine. My doctor fixed a Hiatal hernia, not sure if I'm spelling that right. It's when the top of your stomach is pushing up into your esophigous, so I'm a little sore high up as well. They kept me over night and couldn't sleep a wink at the hospital. I used the time while I was awake to do laps around the hallways to try and work out the gas. It hasn't been too bad so far. But just the overall soreness has been quite bad. I can definitely say that I am not hungry one bit. Hopefully that stays until my fill. I'm trying to keep hydrated and making sure that I get as much Protein as possible.

I'll be praying for all the October Bandsters!! :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I haven't had much time to write but reading the posts have helped me so much. I was banded on Oct 4th and after 6 days off I had to go back to five 12 hour shifts on a busy hospital floor. Bout killed me. I'm now on mushy foods and soft foods. I kept noticing a pressure in the middle of my chest and I finally figured out that it was my sign to slow down the eating or I'VE HAD ENOUGH !. It seemed I was having these spasms after only a few bites. After reading through some old posts, I decided to try some papaya enzyme tabs and Wow what a difference. I chew 2 and within a few moments, the pressure is gone.

I keep feeling like I have an alien living inside because I have never has such rumbles, gurglings and odd sensations . Papaya , gas-x and beano have calmed the alien. I'm not sure I remember reading about how bad the gas problem can be.

By the end of my day, I felt so bloated. I guess it's all worth it, I've lost 16 pounds so no reason to complain.

Good Luck to the upcoming Bandsters. You will do GREAT........

HI ALL........I'm Marion. I'll be banded in Monterrey on Oct. 19th. Just wanted to get my name on here. Wish you all the best!!!!!

Thanks for adding me to the October list Holly. It has been great to read through the threads here and see that there are some others from Perth, Western Australia who have also been banded by Dr Stephen Watson. I am sticking to yoghurts, Protein Shakes and mashed potato's at the moment and find it amazing that after a few mouthfulls I get that full feeling!!!! I am already finding clothes are fitting me much better.

Mel

Hi Misjanete! Congrats on your band - same day as Melissa and I. If either of you have AOL addresses we could chat sometime in instant message - might be fun in addition to these posts.

After my first night at home (I live alone), I'm doing pretty well. Slept about 7 hours and since I have a new bed with a really firm and tall mattress I was a bit worried about getting in and out and being comfy but so far so good.

I haven't taken any pain meds - only tylenol. I don't like how percocet makes me feel, plus I know it slows down and dries out the bowel functions and I don't need that to deal with. But I'm not really too uncomfortable from the incision sites and the shoulder gas pain is almost gone too.

Day #3 and my big concern is paying close attention to my Protein, Water, and vitamins/biotin. I'm not going back to work until Monday, so I have the next four days to figure out what I'm going to be eating for the next week. After next Friday I get to progress to the 'mushies' .. at least I think that's the plan.

good luck to you guys! Hope all is going well for you too!

Judy

Hi Topdownbug!

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I don't have an aol address but feel free to "pm" me. How has the gas pain been? I'm having a bit of pain from the gas but mostly in the upper chest. I'm assuming it's from the Hiatal Hernia that was repaired. I put a call into my Doctor but of course they're closed for the weekend. The on call doctor didn't seemed to concerned but he doesn't speak english well. If the pain and discomfort keeps up I'll probably put in another call.

How is your appetite? Are you getting along okay by yourself? Do you have someone who can check up on you? I have my mom staying with me and helping me with my 2 year old son. He's a handful when I'm feeling fine so I'm glad I'm not having to do it alone.

Keep me posted on your healing! :(

I thought the day would never get here, but yet here it is gone already! I had a really good experience. None of the gas I was warned about -- PTL! My right side, where the port is, is still sore, but the Tylenol liquid helps a lot. I'm drinking my Protein Shakes again and LOTS of Water and walking. So far so good. I go to my dr. next Wednesday for my one-week checkup and am anxious to see how much I've lost. I gotta tell you, though, I am looking forward to mushies!! :phanvan

Hi, I'm two weeks banded today. I'm finding I can eat most things as long as I chew them well and don't eat too quickly. Have managed chicken breast and white rice which I didn't expect to be able to stomach. Tried a small piece of steak but that really was too much - even one bite - it stuck so I won't be doing that again. I'm trying hard to remember not to drink 20 minutes before or after meals which is a bit tricky as I do drink a lot of Water. The other issue is the red wine - it still goes down as easily as it ever did and of course it's just liquid calories so I figure my loss is going to be very slow but there has to be a change as I am eating only a quarter of what I did before. I guess time will tell. I'm down 10kg so far with another 35 to go.

Good luck to everyone.

Jude