Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Drink Mixer...Magic Bullet?

I am getting to the full liquid stage and need advice on what kind of drink blender/mixer to get. I bought a Magic Bullet, but it is still in the box..I wanted to get opinions first?

What kind is your favorite?

why?

and any other advice you have!

thanks!

:welcome:

My Magic Bullet has been working overtime for over 2 months now and I love it.Small enough for the portions I am mixing and easier to clean than my full sized mixer. Just dont turn it on and run it for a long time. Give it time to cool down ( pulse mixing). I had one back in my pre-band days that was used for mixing real drinks with ice cubes and that is how I killed it...LOL

I give it :banana:banana

I have a regular blender a hand held blender and a magic bullet.

The magic bullet is by far the easiest to use and my favorite.

Because you blend right in the cup, you dont' get another container dirty. You have multiple cups to use. I can make my shake and then take it with me on my ride to work. The stand is also portable, I can take it to work if I want to.

Good luck!!

I've been very happy with my Hamilton Beach Personal Blender....$12-14. I've used it 2-3xday for 18 mo now and it's still going strong. Crushes ice nicely, doesn't take up much space on the counter.

LOTS of people have the Magic Bullet. I got a Tribest personal blender and spent more than the Magic Bullet. The thing I liked about the Tribest was that you can purchase ALL the parts separately, including the blender motor base. I have heard a lot of people who LOVE their Magic Bullets, and also quite a few whose Bullets DIED after about 6 months. I've only had my Tribest for 3.5 months, but I use it daily and I love it. You absolutely can NOT live without a personal blender of somekind. They are wonderful for Protein Shakes.< /p>

I also vote for the Hamilton Beach Personal Blender, I got mine from Amazon.com for around $19 or so. It's great, and you can drink your shake right from the blending container. It's small and convenient. I think I'll get a second one for my office at work.

I have a Vita-Mix and a Magic Bullet. I love the bullet if I am just making something for myself. I do find that if I put too much ice in it there will be chunks in my smoothie but otherwise it works great and I haven't had any problems. I highly recommend it.

I do make heavy duty smoothies and when I make those I use my Vita-Mix. When I say heavy duty -- I put kefir, oatmeal, flax seed, carrots, frozen fruit, Protein powder. It is big enough and strong enough that it will make several smoothies in one pop and it will blend it all so you would never know some of that stuff is in the smoothie. And they taste great! This works great in the summer when we (my family) are all too hot to eat something hot and need smoothies with substance to fill us up.

I have a Magic Bullet, it's been in the box since I got it. I keep meaning to use it but I'm a naturally lazy person. I use bottled Water. I drink half the bottle of Water so there is 8oz left. Then I add 2.5 shots of Da Vinci Raspberry S/F Syrup and 1 scoop of Matrix 5.0, shake and drink.

Haven't needed the bullet yet so I haven't even opened it yet. I should just ebay it or something.

I know many are fond of the Magic Bullet, but I am just not impressed with it's power (or lack of) compared to other blenders out there. Plus it's pretty expensive at $50-$60, the cheapest I've seen it was at Kohl's at Xmas and that was a four hour day after Thanksgiving sale price for $36.

The Magic Bullet has *only* 225W of power.

There is a personal sized blender at Walmart that you can get online that is 350W and is only $18ish, here's the link:

Back to Basics 3-Speed Brushed Chrome Personal Blender Express, BPE3BR - Wal-Mart

I can't find it in the stores, but I did find it online at Walmart and if you're not a Wallyworld fan, here's an msn link with more estores that carry it:

Back to Basics 350-Watt Personal Blender Express price comparison

I just ended up buying a new blender (I needed one anyway) from Walmart, it's an Oster that came with a food processer attachment and a free personal size mix mug (not all the boxes had that, but they do sell those for about $13 or so) and it was $40. It has 450 watts. I do really like it. This is it:

Oster 12-Speed Blender and food Processor, 6889-015 - Wal-Mart

Here's the link to the personal mixer cup:

Oster Blend-n-Go Cup - Wal-Mart

But did you know that if you have a blender that has the screw-off base with the removable blades (screw the base off the jar and take the blade assembly and a gasket ring out for cleaning) that that ring actually fits on canning jars? Talk about nice and small, you could use half pint or pint size jars and not have to worry about buying another blender/mixer at all. I have a bunch of those old glass canning jars with the handle on them they used to sell in the dollar stores, those work great.

Faith

thanks for the info~ Also, thanks everyone else who responded! I ordered online the Back to Basics personal mixer that came with the extra blade, cup, and 2 containers. I found it on Target...I am excited to get it!!!

thanks for your help!

Faith thanks for the info. My bullet is near death so I am going to have to look into getting a new something.

I liked my bullet but it was not as great as it is portrayed to be in the infomercial. You can't use it for more then 10-15 seconds at a time without the motor starting to smell funny. It also did NOT chop whole ice cubes for shakes. I always had to use crushed ice from the fridge in order for it to blend well. I have probably gotten 75-100 uses (which is about 50 cents per use based on the price I paid for it) out of it since I bought it a year ago but like I said it is on its last leg. When I pull the cup off the bottom part that spins the blades still spins and I have to unplug it to turn it off. If I were you I would return it and get something else less expensive.

You are both very welcome. Let me know what you think of the Back To Basics, okay? I am thinking of getting it to use in addition to my regular Oster as it is smaller and would travel well.

I had planned to use a food processor or just using my hand and time to moosh things up.

It turned out (oddly enough), my g'ma's room mate died a month before my surgery and they had both bought a magic bullet 2 for 1 deal.. impulse buy. Neither of them opened them, so when I was near surgery she asked me if I wanted his..

It worked fine, I honestly only used it a couple times. But you can't do it for long periods of time, and like when I made things with ice, it didn't do much to ice.. or took a lot of hand work also.

I use it now once a month maybe just to cut up something for a recipe!

I don't have the actual Magic Bullet, but I have a similar one I got at K-mart, mainly I bought that one because the base is red and matches my kitchen!!

I love mine, use it every day. I don't put full ice cubes in it, I have ice trays that have little gumdrop-size ice cubes and the blender handles them just fine.