Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Older people doing gastric sleeve

I'm 64 and five weeks post op. According to my surgeon I might lose slower and on "average" older people tend to lose less weight over all. The only thing I regret is not doing it sooner.

I'm 16 weeks post op, will be 63 in January. I'm down about 60 lbs since june. I did experience that stall at 3 weeks, but since the weight is just melting off. I've only got about 30 lbs left to goal. I do not go to the gym but do walk and bike but not excessively. I wasn't on any meds so cannot comment on that. I'm not crazy about excess skin but will just learn to live with it at my age.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Old is all in perspective. You would probably consider me a kid at 58, while I am a geezer to others. I am almost two months post op and doing very well. I am down over 100 lbs since I started the program in June.

I'm 53. Don't know if that’s old enough for you, but it's older than a lot of the people I see on here. I'm kaving WLS on January 4th. Ready, anxious, scared but my life is threatened by too many things and it's time to get healthy. New year, new me. It's going to be a long, hard journey but we'll worth it. I know the excess skin will be a problem and not for vanity reasons, I'm the least vain person I know. My weight is all in my belly and it's already an issue. But I'll deal with that later.

You've done great! You should be proud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

Edited by rspk1963@gmail.com

My friend Linda was in her 60's I think when she had her sleeve. She's SO active now!

I'm "only" 54 and had the sleeve on Halloween. It was relatively painless and I am losing well. Being able to eat again has been a challenge but that will get better over time. Right now I work all day to get my Water and Protein in.

I was on blood pressure medicine prior to surgery for about 5 years. My surgeon told me to go ahead and stop taking it when I was discharged from the hospital. I was a little nervous about it but I have taking my blood pressure daily and it has been prefect every time.

Right now I walk on the treadmill daily, hope to get into some easy exercise classes at the local rec center in January. I have zero desire to lift heavy weights or run marathons. I am not too worried about the loose skin that will come, I'm not going to wear skimpy clothes anyway, my husband never complains about anything, and I had 4 huge babies so doubt my stomach would be perfect anyway :)

Hi, I am glad to hear you are doing fine. I am scheduled for Jan 25. I am 54. 33 bmi. I am worried about the fatigue. I have to work... has anyone had trouble with beling tired?

Try and get unflavored Protein powder. You'll be able to mix it with most things you drink. Please don't make the mistake I did and allow yourself to get the "Protein Drink burnout." Horrible experience. I was drinking pre-made drinks thinking switching up flavors would help me to avoid burn out.... it did not! My body shut down on all flavors at the same time. Then came the serious struggles. I had my surgery done though a weightloss clinic called "Nicholson Clinic" out of TX. They make this unflaverd Protein Powder called powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. You can mix it with most drinks. Such as Crystal light and so fort. Also, it can be added in your food. They also have recipes.... which sounds awesome. You can purchase it off the web. I will be picking me up some on Friday when I go to the clinic and hopefully get back on my needed Protein.< /p>

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

Hi friends, looks like I'm the young'un here at 50! I'm scheduled for VSG on Feb 3! Gonna order some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored for sure.

50 year old me!!

Thats great, Feb 3 is my B day...I'll be 55