Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't Want to Eat

I'm 5 weeks post op. I've been very lucky because I didn't experience any pain or nausea. The gerd resolved after 2 weeks. I'm never hungry which is great, but I really have a difficult time eating. Nothing tastes okay and I have to force myself to eat something. Has this happened to you and if so, did it get better.

Totally normal at that stage. Heck, even at 2+ years out, I still go through times when I don't feel like eating. I just dealt with it this past week. I enjoy it while it lasts, now ;)

I am about 9 weeks post op from the sleeve. I too have experienced no appetite, nothing tastes the same, awful taste in my mouth much of the time. I can't really find anything that tastes good anymore. It is just easier to not eat, and that causes all sorts of problems. One being that it really slows down the weight loss. Also having a hard time getting my Water in. Hopefully it will get better. It's quite an adjustment going from loving to eat, to having absolutely no interest in food.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I too have no desire to eat. Its not that I don't get hungry, because I do, but nothing - NOTHING - tastes good. And when I do try something I have to chew on it so much to be able to digest it properly that its just...I can't even...lets just say this is all getting old very quickly! I think I was a bit of a foodie before this and its tough going to go from that to this new thing.

On a positive note, my husband who was also sleeved years ago says it gets better. That all of these things should go away, and that you should end up being able to eat almost anything you want as long as the portions are small. Lets hope he's right.

I am 7 weeks out never hungry and full after two bites. I measure out my food and eat then 20 min later eat 2 bites. I know its not what we should do, but I'm worried if I don't get that if I don't get Protein in my hair will fall out. Normally I wouldn't care but I'm getting married in February

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I'm 4 weeks out, and have complete loss of appetite. Nothing tastes good. I tried some carby things, but just can't be faffed. I've gone back to the Protein shakes - the bare minimum I figure.

I'm glad to hear others experiencing it too.

Sent from my SM-G920I using the BariatricPal App

3 months out, and I have days where the thought of eating just makes me nauseated. Then I will have days where I can't seem to get enough to eat. On the days I don't want to eat, I still make sure I eat a few times and get Protein and plenty of fluids. I choose the foods that have "gone down" the easiest for me that have good amounts of Protein, and I try not to stress about it.

I'm 10 weeks out and have been experiencing this for 2-3 weeks now. The only thing I enjoy consuming is coffee. Getting my Water and Protein in is difficult and I rarely come close to my goals.

My surgeon said this is common among those sleeved and can last up to a couple years. I am now almost 4 months out and still have this issue.

I've started to set an alarm to let me know it's time to eat because I'm never really hungry, but I know I have to get my Protein.

I make a high-Protein shake and drink that as I drive to work. I also have a shake that I split for my morning and afternoon snack. That hits my 60 g of Protein for the day in case I just can't/don't eat anything else.

I still can't eat certain things because of the taste, so I just pass on them. Maybe in a year I'll try again but not yet. Hang in there because everyone has told me it gets better.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App