Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you go about getting those things?

-Ariannuhh❤️

If you asking me, you need to be in a medical/recreational marijuanna state or know someone who is.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 335 (50lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

I'd say your biggest concern is coughing and hurting your abdominal incisions but just take it slow. Lots of other pot smokers on this site have told me they started again about where you are, so just take it slow and enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How do you go about getting those things?

-Ariannuhh❤️

If you're in a state where it's medically legal, go to a dispensary. They will help you get a card and teach you everything you need to know.

I'm in Oregon, so I just pull into one of the million shops in town like I'm going to the grocery store (except one that cards all customers).

If it's not legal at all, then I'm sorry. You'll probably have to know someone, and the high quality tinctures, lotions, and cartridges won't be available.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I am from New York, so I believe it is legal here. I don't use marijuana just for "fun". I'm a college student so I have to stay focused, but marijuana does help me when my pains come from my knee and headaches, I get stressed very easily. I don't use it often, just when I'm tired of being in pain, I use it when it's my last resort.

-Ariannuhh❤️

I did smoke marijuana after a bad accident where I broke my pelvis and femur. It helped with the pain and I found I did not need as many narcotics. I did not like smoking, but edibles were not an option then (3 years ago and I'm not anywhere near any states where it was legal).

This was a topic that did come up in my support group and there was one guy that became a fanatic about researching CBD products. A couple points that stood out to me....

1)Be careful of the source of the hemp used. If it's cheap, it probably comes from out of the country and hemp is often grown as a "cleanup plant" in toxic and/or radioactive industrial sites. Not something I'd want to consume! US sourced hemp is VERY regulated (in order to make sure the THC level is low enough to make it legal) and usually organic.

2) look at the extraction method used. Stay away from the processes using solvents like butane or hexane (again, the cheaper way to do it.) Olive oil doesn't typically produce a full spectrum product that contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids. That leaves alcohol and CO2 methods. Alcohol is the oldest plant extraction method dating back centuries. CO2 is the newest, high tech method but possibly doesn't produce a full spectrum product either.

So for those of you that may be looking for a legal CBD product, this was the company this guy liked......

Www.enerhealthbotanicals.com

And although a combo of THC and CBD is proven to be the best for pain, CBD alone does provide some relief, and so many other health benefits. I have a friend with MS that has greatly benefited. Google endocannabanoid system for some interesting info.

I did smoke marijuana after a bad accident where I broke my pelvis and femur. It helped with the pain and I found I did not need as many narcotics. I did not like smoking, but edibles were not an option then (3 years ago and I'm not anywhere near any states where it was legal).

This was a topic that did come up in my support group and there was one guy that became a fanatic about researching CBD products. A couple points that stood out to me....

1)Be careful of the source of the hemp used. If it's cheap, it probably comes from out of the country and hemp is often grown as a "cleanup plant" in toxic and/or radioactive industrial sites. Not something I'd want to consume! US sourced hemp is VERY regulated (in order to make sure the THC level is low enough to make it legal) and usually organic.

2) look at the extraction method used. Stay away from the processes using solvents like butane or hexane (again, the cheaper way to do it.) Olive oil doesn't typically produce a full spectrum product that contains all the cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids. That leaves alcohol and CO2 methods. Alcohol is the oldest plant extraction method dating back centuries. CO2 is the newest, high tech method but possibly doesn't produce a full spectrum product either.

So for those of you that may be looking for a legal CBD product, this was the company this guy liked......

And although a combo of THC and CBD is proven to be the best for pain, CBD alone does provide some relief, and so many other health benefits. I have a friend with MS that has greatly benefited. Google endocannabanoid system for some interesting info.

Thank you for this information! I will definitely be checking this out.

-Ariannuhh❤️

Thats why I advocate getting your CBD meds from a medical marijuana source. There are several strains that have been cultivated specifically for patients looking for high CBD meds. I personally believe its a brtter source than those made from hemp. Rep clubs also lab test the buds so you know what percentage thc/cbd it is and that they dont have any molds/bacteria/toxins in it. Cheap weed is cheap for a reason.

Thats why I advocate getting your CBD meds from a medical marijuana source.

However, this is not an option in 22 states. That's why I mentioned this alternative. It's also not an option for federal employees no matter what state they live in....unless they carry completely THC free products (which means they come from the same regulated hemp plants as the products I described.)

Right, and even if you're in a state where it's legal, employers can hold it against you. I live where it's legal and most employers don't care, but they still test certain professions, like healthcare and law enforcement.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Thats why I advocate getting your CBD meds from a medical marijuana source.

However, this is not an option in 22 states. That's why I mentioned this alternative. It's also not an option for federal employees no matter what state they live in....unless they carry completely THC free products (which means they come from the same regulated hemp plants as the products I described.)
The problem with that is people might not throughly research the hemp based CBD products. The CBD might have been extracted using harsh chemicals or contain negligible amounts of CBD.

My main point is - People need to throughly research any product they are considering buying if they cannot get it from a reputable MMJ club.

We know there are a fair number of posters and lurkers, based on some of the posts, who do not do the needed amount of research.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/are-websites-claim-ship-cbd-oil-non-medical-marijuana-states-legit

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2015/41401/fda-issues-warnings-to-makers-of-legal-cbd-hemp-oil-products/

I'm still post-op and the dr. asked I used drugs, etc... MJ is legal here, I said yes occasionally for Migraines and cramps. Nothing has ever been more effective for me. They asked how I used it and I said by vaporizer. They said just not smoke or use edibles until well after the surgery and healing. Smoking because of the healing, even stress staying away from second hand cigarette smoke or weed smoke. Any smoke, I think. The edibles because if they have ingredients that could give us problems with sugar, sugar alcohols, high fat, chocolate, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Again, that was the whole point of my first post...to provide a starting point for people wanting to do the research, some things to look for, as well as a reputable supplier that was recommended by a doctor in Colorado and an experienced buyer for a marijuana dispensary in Oregon.

As for people Purchasing these products online without doing the research and not really knowing what they're getting, not my problem. Neither is the fact some people buy used cars from strangers on craigslist without getting them checked out by a mechanic first. I can't fix stupid.

No carbs, no calories, no need for inhaling burning vegetable matter...no problem in my book.

I picked up some THC Patches for a friend with breast cancer going through chemo...it was the only thing that allowed her to eat and sleep.

But I have yet to find any topical s which helps my GF's knee pain. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. (She just had an MRI on the knee and there is no more cartilage there, so she is going to get a participial knee replacement.)

But I have yet to find any topical s which helps my GF's knee pain. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know. (She just had an MRI on the knee and there is no more cartilage there, so she is going to get a participial knee replacement.)

From what I understand, most topicals are primarily for anti-inflammation purposes. I don't know that they would do a whole lot of good for an issue like you described above. I'd think you'd need to go for straight up pain relief in the form of edibles or inhalants.

Again, not a doctor. Just a headie guy with some keen abdomen scars.

@@TheRev - Well next time I am in CO, I'll have to go see the "budtender" and see what has worked for others.