Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to my weigh in appointment I supposed to lose a least 50 pounds before surgery I did lose 10 of that now I have just 40 more to go and my next appointment in 6 weeks I want to make weight by then dose anyone have any suggestions to help me do it quicker I've been doing my shake diet .

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

40 lbs in 6 weeks doesn't seem very healthy to me. But, you have to burn more calories than you eat so ... take it from there.

I lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks doing all liquids. Protein drinks less than 6 grams carbs and 3-4 a day. Exercise, exercise, exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Ive always been able to lose like 30lbs in 2 months doing Atkins. Id always gain it back after though

Best wishes @@mindi melissa. I will pray for your success.

What I have learned through life experience, it is FANTASTIC to set goals. But when I set goals that are too high, I fail and end up depressed from my failure. I have taught myself to make high achievable goals, and then I can rejoice if I exceed them.

My most recent example is that I desired to lose 20lbs a month after surgery - every month. I now have realized through this process of research during pre-surgery, I should set my goal at 10 lbs. I don't want to get depressed and sabotage my weight loss journey.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

How long did they give you to lose the 50 pounds?

@, great advice. @@mindi melissa, i just went through the 6 month process so im fresh to the losers bench. 1 wk post op. My weight has always been 145 because i was a flight attendant for 18yrs. 5yrs ago they dignoised me with progressive ms and every single medication they put me on had steriods in them. I went into a deep depression because its like overnight i blew up to 290lbs. Double knee surgery, back surgery, more drugs, more pain, pain, pain, weight, weight weight. I refused to stay that heavy. I went from a full B cup to a 52DDD. The weight of those babies made me have to have neck surgery. So my pcp suggested the sleeve surgery. I was asked to lose 15-30lbs. I started at planet fitness with a trainer, and the 1st 2 months i lost 2 -3 lbs and i was depressed. But my father told me the samething. DO NOT SET YOURSELF UP FOR FAILURE. So i set my goal for 5lbs a month, and if i lost more, i was over the moon but if i just made it or just did 4lbs, i wasnt so upset. I walked even through the knee pain, and i stuck to my 2500 calories per day. My problem was the medicines so i weened myself off of all of them against drs approval. I didnt care. Yes, im in pain, but the pain was way more with the weight. I know this is reading like a freaking book but i just wanna be there for you girl. Stick with your bariatric pal counter app, journal everyday so you can see where you need to back off or add. Water Water WATER. My problem we found out through the journaling was that i wasnt eating enough to burn the calories so i literally was eating all day it seemed like it. 6 small meals a day. 3 meals and 3 Snacks. High Protein. I ended up losing 33lbs. You dont wanna lose to much. Some insurance look and say if she lost 50lbs by herself she can lose another 50lb. So the 15-30 was achievable. 50lbs in 6months is going to be hard, and you wanna be ready once youve finished all your other tests so they can get your info to the insurance for approval. The 14 day fast wasnt as hard as i thought it was going to be. And now 1 wk post op is great.

Hw 298

Sw 264

Cw232

Gw 150.

That goal weight is my bmi, but i really dont want to get that small again. I think id be happy at a perfect size 8-10, not 5. Im 51 and a mother of 3 sets of twins thats grown and giving me grandbabies. I just like alittle curves.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I went to my weigh in appointment I supposed to lose a least 50 pounds before surgery I did lose 10 of that now I have just 40 more to go and my next appointment in 6 weeks I want to make weight by then dose anyone have any suggestions to help me do it quicker I've been doing my shake diet .

Send me a friend request on fb or instagram so we can keep up. Ill help you with anything that i know and if i dont know, we'll figure it out together. Ok pamela taite-pressey on fb

Ppressey24 on instagram

@@blizair09 he didn't that just my next weigh in appointment he just told me it doesn't matter how many appointments it takes as long as I lose the weight it just I like to lose it by my next appointment so I can have my surgery.

You know this is not a 3 month process if youre going through insurance right @@mindi melissa. If youre paying out of pocket it maybe a little faster but any great bariatric surgeon is going to make sure you go through the nutritionist and other test which is about a 6 month process.