Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

. most of the time reflux makes you regurgitate but it can also make u belch and gurgle. My mom has it and she belches and gurgles mostly. Sometimes burning but rarely does she reflux all the way into the throat

I get a gurgle about half an hour to an hour after I eat. It starts low in my sleeve and gurgles up, almost like when you drain a bathtub. For me that is when my sleeve is emptying out.

HW - 283

SW- 238

CW- ?

Anyone have any relief from the GURD? Mine is almost unmanageable now after sleeve (9/5). I take daily Prilosec and a pepsid- little to no relief. So excruciating - need to make appointment with GI, but just hoping relief insight. Any success stories out there?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'll look more into it. I've read a few random medical posts and some contradict eachother. One common idea however is that if you have pre-existing GERD it can get worse with sleeve. Ty for the advice. I will continue looking into it. I signed th concent form and he put down roux en y or possible sleeve gastrectomy or something like that. So I keep reading up on it , but he did scare me with this relevation.

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I have gerd and have had it for years. When I went to my consultabout one month ago my surgeon said," about 1/3 of sleeve patients will get gerd after", also he,advised RNY because of my gerd. He,went on,to,say,that," what he is,seeibg more and more,3 to 4 years out of sleeve surgery patients are havibg horrible gerd and,are getting a revision to RNY".

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

. most of the time reflux makes you regurgitate but it can also make u belch and gurgle. My mom has it and she belches and gurgles mostly. Sometimes burning but rarely does she reflux all the way into the throat

It can be horrible. I have had it so bad up my thoat, into my jaw that I could barely talk the pain,was so bad. Also, 3 times now in while I was sleeping, i was woke up to not being able to breath. The acid was choking me. I quickly shot out of bed and slowly sipped Water. It was a very scary experience. Then there is silent reflux, but that is,a whole other story. Hoping Rny eliminates the gerd.

It drives me crazy how many conflicting things we hear from our healthcare ppl and so on

It can be horrible. I have had it so bad up my thoat, into my jaw that I could barely talk the pain,was so bad. Also, 3 times now in while I was sleeping, i was woke up to not being able to breath. The acid was choking me. I quickly shot out of bed and slowly sipped Water. It was a very scary experience. Then there is silent reflux, but that is,a whole other story. Hoping Rny eliminates the gerd.

Oh I do know it can be horrific..I was just sharing my mom's side of it

@@hectorlopez323 do ur research..im surprised ar yout surgeon... my understanding is that you can get gerd with either surgery but ur actually less likely to get it with the sleeve because you keep your pyloric valve in the stomach.... trhe surgical nurse at our program said this at the last support group but I have also read it....

Nothing is coming up at all- so IS it reflux? I don't know what omeprazole is? I will call my dr tomorrow for sure :)

omeprozole is prilosec

100% incorrect. You are MORE likely to get GERD or reflux with the sleeve because the pyloric valve creates a closed, high pressure system. I was forced to revise to RNY from the sleeve because I developed severe reflux after surgery. If I had reflux prior to surgery I would choose RNY over VSG every day.

I just wanted to take the opportunity to correct the misconception

Well that is weird. How do you know what dr is right? Seems they are on both sides. Some say one is better other say the other

I trust my doctor 100%. Not only because I did my own research and my research precisely matched what he said, but because my reflux has completely resolved after my conversion to RNY. But you have to make your own decision as to who to trust. I would hope that if you are letting someone cut into your body, remove portions of your organs or rearrange your digestive tract, you would have faith in that person. If you don't, or if they don't answer questions to your satisfaction, I would look for a new doctor.