Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... It has been a month since my first fill and I am able to eat more now than I did then. I felt good restriction only for a few days after the fill which was great but now I know I am able to eat wayyyyy too much. I have still been losing weight so I am happy about that but I dont want it to stop so... monday I will be calling to make an appointment for my second fill.

I called this morning and I am scheduled for my second fill in a week on the 16th. I hope the restriction lasts longer this time... though knowing that the fat around my stomach shrinking is the reason for the band loosening is a good feeling in itself :o

I was banded on August 13, 2007. My doctor wouldn't fill me since I have lost 42 lbs. I haven't stopped losing yet. I was just wondering if any of you have had problems chewing up your food? I guess I didn't realize how much I was throwing down before the lapband.

I was banded on August 13, 2007. My doctor wouldn't fill me since I have lost 42 lbs. I haven't stopped losing yet. I was just wondering if any of you have had problems chewing up your food? I guess I didn't realize how much I was throwing down before the lapband.

I don't notice the chewing issue as much as the timing between bites. I pretty much have to HOLD NOTHING. Sandwich, burrito, toast.....anything that you hold in your HAND and eat -- I get in too big of a hurry and then I have problems! So everything has to lay on a plate and be cut and forked.

But hey -- 42 lbs since surgery day? That is AWESOME! :clap2:

That's what I ASPIRED to do, but dropped about 21 in 2.5 to 3 weeks and have just been HUNG there ever since. And I was banded the day after you!

Thanks Pam! I really appreciate your reply! I cannot eat bread and I am not doing beef really well, but I love cooking with white ground trukey breast. It's been a better choice for me. I had a bad experience with a Wendy's hamburger patty. I don't know what I was thinking. I am learning, I have a little more weight to lose than you. I think it's awesom you have lost 32 lbs! Good Luck!

I had flouro on Friday and my port is totally flipped. They tried to manipulate it but couldn't. So I am having a revision surgery but they don't know when they can schedule because I have to pay the hospital fees and my doctor is going to reimburse me with free care for a few extra years. So I am dissappointed because I am very hungry now, and no longer loosing weight. However, I just want to get this surgery over with so I can get a fill and get back on the wagon.

Had my second fill today I 1.5cc today and 2.5cc on my first fill. I have been losing, but only because I have been using Portion Control and making smart food choices. I am hoping that tis fill will give me some restriction, i am getting a little tired of being hungry. I have not become discouraged. . . yet. I guess that's because I am losing weight pretty good.

Hope you all have been doing well.

Jim

I'm not having my first fill until I get back from vacation at the beginning of Nov. They didn't want me to have any complications while out of town.

My surgery was 8/27 and my fill won't be until 11/5.

At my appointment the other day, my doctor said "We'll see if you need a fill on the 5th but you seem to be doing great and might not need it."

The hell I won't!! The ONLY reason I am doing great is because I am very strictly dieting and been exercising. I have felt no restriction AT ALL since day 1. This has all been on my own and I'm starting to struggle.

I don't really understand this attitude by doctors. I understand using weight loss as a gage to determine fills, once you have some restriction but why get the band if you aren't going to use it? I don't want to wait until I stop losing weight - why even get into that cycle? I know myself - once I start to "fail" I'm going to lose my motivation.

I'm going to demand a fill. Anyone else experience this?

I feel the same way - I have been very careful and measuring food and eating correctly and exercising. I know tha the band is helping somewhat but I scheduled my second fill (and got approved for it) becasue I explained what an effort this was. Explain to your doctor how careful you have been and I bet he will agree.

Jim, I totally understand failing is detrimental to me. It may just be that you need to find your sweet spot. It sounds like your trying really hard. It's important be watching so close and making good choices because our bands our just the tools... At some point we still have to learn to make better choices... Just don't give up, look how far you have come!! That's so awesome! Take care Jim, I understand how stressful it gets, I really do.

Tomorrow's the day of my 1st fill!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. More nervous about what I can and can't eat afterwards but I'm sure just as I've gotten used to these other phases I'll adjust to life after a fill. I've lost 28 lbs so far with finally losing about 4 pounds in the last week. I was like others, at a stand still for about 2 weeks (during the pureed stage). I changed my meat to fish and increased my walking from 3 to 5 times weekly and from 1 to 2 miles. This weekend I will start working with the rubber bands for weight resistance training. Wish me well!!

I finally got my first fill today. They put in 4 CC and I found out that I have a 10 CC band. I was very surprised that it did not hurt one bit. They had me sit in the lobby and drink a cup of Water to see if I could hold it down and it went down just fine. I hope this fill will kick start my weight loss.

I had my first fill today. As I suspected - it wasn't an easy sell. He really didn't want to give me a fill because I lost 11 lbs this month. He finally gave in and gave me 2cc's.

It was pretty painless. So far I don't feel any different.

Brandottie01 - Any news on your port revision? I'm wishing you the best. All that insurance red tape is a pain in the ass.

I still haven't gotten a fill (other than whatever they put in during surgery). So far, I'm still losing ,but I am feeling a little less restriction these days so I have to concentrate more on not going overboard. But, I think a good part of it is head hunger and not truly needing more food. I meet with my nutritionist and doc again on Monday, so I guess we'll see what happens then. It might be good to not have more restriction for Thanksgiving, but then again, it might be nice to have a little more incentive to be good!

I think any extras I've been having have really been more about old grazing habits and not about portion size though . Sadly, adjustments can't fix your thinking!

I finally got my first fill yesterday during my port revision surgery. He said he just put a little in but hopefully I will begin loosing again. I have gained some back and that is dissappointing after self-pay. They said my port flipped within the first day or two because there was alot of scartissue they had to deal with. Hopefully I am now really on my way!