Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

Brandottie, did you feel weird at all in your port area, or have any pain? Did your doc say why the port flipped?

I went back to my doctor today and they are now saying that my port is flipped. This is only the second time in 6 years that a port has flipped before the first fill. So they scheduled me for flouro and a port surgery in the same day. Waiting on them to call me with the date... Sucks because I am at a standstill with the weight loss. ....

My first fill is scheduled for this Wednesday, the 26th. Had my surgery on 8/14. I'm kind of nervous. I've only lost 12lbs since surgery...holding though.....haven't lost haven't gained so I guess I could count that as a plus.

I have another question....can you guys feel your port? If I put my hand on my stomach above my "wound" I can feel the port. Also, I have this awful cold and have been coughing and today booooy did it hurt when I coughed. Is this normal....does anybody know?

Thanks bunches.

Jackie

My first fill is scheduled for this Wednesday, the 26th. Had my surgery on 8/14. I'm kind of nervous. I've only lost 12lbs since surgery...holding though.....haven't lost haven't gained so I guess I could count that as a plus.

I have another question....can you guys feel your port? If I put my hand on my stomach above my "wound" I can feel the port. Also, I have this awful cold and have been coughing and today booooy did it hurt when I coughed. Is this normal....does anybody know?

Hi! I got my first fill about a week ago. I was nervous going in, but it was NOTHING! At least not for me. The doctor felt for my port and all I felt was a stick of the needle. No pain, nothing... especially after having the surgery! Don't worry about not having lost "enough." You're doing great and your doctor will agree!

And yes, I can feel my port... it is normal to be able to. Mine sometimes hurts when I sneeze too hard or have a coughing fit. If you are still concerned though, just ask your doctor when you get your fill. Good luck!!!

There was one day that I was really sore in the port area but there wasn't really a sudden pain. They aren't sure why it flipped. He said it could just be my body and the port needs to be somewhere else. He stiched it in place so I don't know how I didn't notice the stitches popped. He said we will know more after the flouro and the surgery. I think it is going to be scheduled for this friday.

hi, I had my fill today, no flouroscopy, 4 sticks 2 really hurt, he had me lift my legs 6 inches to find port, had 1.5 in band, added 1.5, 3cc total in small band, not to bad, liquids for two days.

down 20 lbs, banded aug 27. i have also been at a stand still for two weeks, hope the scale starts moving again!

Getting my first fill tomorrow!! Yea! I am soooooo ready!! I have lost a total of 29 pounds....for two weeks I remained the same.....So I am really ready to get this show on the road!! I have been able to eat more this week and im not liking that at all......I will keep yall updated on my fill.....good luck everyone!!!

B/C/G=253/224/159

banded 8/17/07

Hoping to read more from Brandi about how it went on Friday.

I went in Wednesday for my first fill (I was banded 8/14) but he felt like the port might be easier to access with one stick if we waited another two weeks in hopes I might lose a little more and make it easier.

I was a little disappointed, but figure disappointment is less painful than being stuck several times. I'm trying to just PRETEND that I've got restriction and stop before I get too full.

I must have SOME restriction just from the band itself, because I do 'slime' and PB on occasion.

I get my 1st fill 10/12. I was banded 08/23. I'm praying all goes well and I too am interested in how brandottie01 is doing. I am praying for her as well as the rest of us bandsters.

October 15 will be my first fill. I cant wait. I've been doing good without one, making sure I only eat one small meal per day and 2 Protein Shakes, but it would be nice to feel the band working on my stomach, not just my mind...LOL

October 15 will be my first fill. I cant wait. I've been doing good without one, making sure I only eat one small meal per day and 2 Protein shakes, but it would be nice to feel the band working on my stomach, not just my mind...LOL

Doing good? Fifty pounds is fantastic! Congrats!

Well im really really scared........I got my first fill on 9/28 and I weighed in today and have gained 2 pounds...I feel no restriction.......I just scheduled my 2cd fill for 11/03, hopefully just hopefully I will feel restriction......I am gonna have to do this through more exercise and better diet because this band is not gonna work for me till then.......any help would be appriciated....I have lost a total of 27 pounds....just dont wanna start going in reverse ya know..........thanks for any advise.......~heavensgiggles~

I was banded on 8/6 and had my first fill (4cc in a VG10cc) on 9/25. I have a second fill scheduled for 12/18 but just called my office to see if they could maybe get me in sooner. I have NO restriction and I'm always hungry. My scale says I've gained 3 lbs since my fill, too! I'm down 48 lbs since my first consultation in March. I feel much better, but I'm getting discouraged due to lack of restriction. I don't want to be able to finish my dinner anymore!

Heavensgiggles and leeleeo, I can identify! When I went for my first fill on the 26th of September, I had gained a pound -- and I thought I was sucessfully managing my cravings. My doctor insterted 1cc in my band, and I had hoped to feel a restriction. I don't, but i"ll be fit to be tied if I gain more weight before my next fill - at the end of this month.

I started using a custard cup as a plate, using a fork and picking each small morsel one at a time, counting each 'chew', and counting to 30 before I take another bite. a lot of calculated effort, but it seems to be working. It takes so long to eat, that I find myself satisfied with less.

All the gals that work in my doctor's office have had either gastric bypass or lap banding, and the one thing they tell me often that this is 'just a tool' and that we still have to work hard to lose weight.

Know that I'll be cheering for all of us.

Rosie

had my first fill yesterday. doc put in 3cc's drank the Water and he carefully watched me then says I know that look grabbed another needle and started feeling for the port while I was sitting up as I am able to feel it standing up I stood up the water started going down so he had me lay down and removed 1.5cc's. boy I don't want to go through that feeling again but know that at so time I may have to.