Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

Some of you have followed my story for a while, well I am at a point now where the excess skin is truly becoming a problem. I had a couple of plastic surgery consults, and it is estimated I have anywhere from 65-80 pounds of total excess skin. All the plastic surgeons agree, I won't have to wait the 6 months from reaching goal weight since my skin will not retract much due to my high starting weight. I started my weight loss at 688+ pounds, and weighed in this past Saturday at 379 pounds. The plastic surgeons are all pretty much in agreement that surgeries could start in the 280-290s. My goal is to be between 200-225 once all is said and done.

This is where I need your help, I've created a Youtube video about my skin, and set up a Go Fund Me account to help raise the 100K I will need to get the 3-5 surgeries done to ride me of the excess skin. At my current pace of losing, that could be as early as March/April of 2017. I have reached out to the media and various TV shows, and its been radio silence. I started raising the funds now, because I anticipate it taking some time. Sadly insurance does not cover this for me.

I ask this simply, if you can donate, please do. If you cannot donate, please share the 2 links I will post below to your social media accounts and help me share my story. Whatever method you chose, THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! If you do share it on FB, Instagram, or Twitter please tag me @Salodyssey. Would like to acknowledge you for doing so.

Thank you BP!!

Youtube: https://youtu.be/ 2I01aVFMgPA (just remove the space between the / and 2

Go Fund Me: http://www.gofundme.com/SalOdyssey

Wow, you have really done well at losing the weight. Thanks for sharing the youtube vid. Have you filled out to try and get to Dr. Oz or show (sometimes they pay for these surgeries). I looked to see if there was a place to send your story and came across this.

http://www.doctoroz.com/guest-plug/did-you-lose-lot-weight-and-are-half-your-size

Thank you!! :)

I've emailed countless shows, Dr. Phil, Oz, The Doctors, Skin Tight, Ellen, and more media groups, and reporters that I've lost count.

Good luck! You've done incredibly well, and skin removal will just help things along. I have no doubt you'll find a way to get it done! You're a true inspiration!

Good luck! You've done incredibly well, and skin removal will just help things along. I have no doubt you'll find a way to get it done! You're a true inspiration!

Thank you!! :)

So I've consulted with another plastics Dr locally where I am. He seemed really great and in tune with what I require to have done. Will still probably see a few more, and then decide on who I am ultimately going to use.