Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there near Maryland or Washington, DC

Tanya those are good ideas, I forgot all about eggs and eggsalad. How are you doing? How did the fill go? As you can see I am still losing and doing well. I pb'd once and that was enough to scare me straight. I am still going to TOPS and the Take the Challenge. Tomorrow night instead of the usual meeting we are meeting at the Safeway in Clinton to tour with a nutrisionist to lear about lables.

Teresa,

All is well on my end. My second fill went uneventful. He was able to do it in his office. My weight loss has started up again since that second fill. I am trying to be diligent and exercise at least 3 times a week, so far so go.

You go Tanya, keep up the good work. I am learning from the website that I have to work with the band. If I don't eat right and exercise I'm not going to loose anything. I know what my goal is so I am going to try to stay motivated and keep going forward.

I am so glad to have found this website! Thanks for all your support Teresa and Amy, etc. I have been working out on the treadmill every day for 30 minutes...and I have been drinking my liquids, now it's on to soft mushies....when I go back to the reg. diet, I found all these tasty things from Lean Cuisine. It's funny because I remember trying to lose weight before and thinking those little Healthy Choice meals were not even close to an appetizer! Now I know I won't even finish them, it's so exciting. My only struggle will be with Coke and chocolate milk. I love Coke!!!! I hate Diet Coke!!!! But I have been really good so far and I heard the carbonation can be painful. My willpower department usually is on strike, but so far so good....luckily my mother in law is on Weight Watchers and has lost 25lbs. My dad had gastric bypass almost 2 yrs. ago, so I have some healthy eaters around....too bad my husband can eat like a bottomless pit and not gain a pound, plus he works out and lifts weights everyday, so he keeps me motivated in that way, even though I hate his fast metabolism!!! How unfair. Oh well.

Carrie,

Stick with it. The benefits will pay off and you will be saying when you walk past a mirror who is that slim woman! Just remember one day at a time and if you back slide remember to make the next meal healthier.

Tanya that message was for me also because yesterday I just was eating anything. I took chances on somethings I never had before. All this week I eat a cheesestick for Breakfast and a shake for lunch. I would have Soup or Pasta for dinner but yesterday I lost my mind I went to Taco bell and Arthur Treachers. I know the calories were that horrible but I know I should not be eating fast food like that and so much of it. I think I need to eat something else at work so I don't do that again. I took a nausea pill after I at the cruchwrap and the pepcide after Arthur Treachers

8:00am cheesestick

11:30am Protein shake

2:15pm Stuffed burritto insides TB

5:00 Crunchwrap insides except that tortilla TB

7:30pm Arthur Treachers fish insides5 fries

Tanya & Teresa, thanks for the motivation. I want to look in the mirror and say I look slim, but sometimes it feels so far away. That's why we try to take one day at a time. That was good advice about if you eat bad, just try to eat better at the next meal...it's hard not to beat yourself up about it or to let it landslide, but I know we'll try! Teresa! I can't believe you like Taco Bell!!!! EW! Just my personal opinion. My fast food choice would be Arby's with curly fries and cheese sauce...or McDonald's chicken selects with chipotle bbq sauce....alas, no more. I am such a klutz, I fell on the treadmill the other day and skinned both my knees...that's what I get for trying to change the song on my iPod while walking...in hindsight, it probabaly looked freakin' hilarious <there goes the big girl, and she rolls off the treadmill> It was like being on a fast conveyor(sp?) belt...hope you get a laugh at that visual image!

Teresa,

I am surprised at you and you had been doing so good. Stay focused.

Carrie,

I hope you didnt hurt yourself. Get mad with that treadmill and ride it like aint been rode before!! :Bunny

I don't know about that, but I've been trying. I went to the Women of Faith event at the MCI Center on Friday night, so I didn't get to take my skinned-knees anger out on the treadmill, and I was there all day today, too, but I will try and get up the energy to go to the basement and power-walk for 30 minutes at least....hope I don't fall again....

Carrie that was a funny visual after you made light of it. I hope youre knees are better. Don't let that treadmill take advantage of you again. You get right back on that thing and walk it girl...LOL. I am sad, I admit it I do like taco bell. Tanya I was surprised at myself too but I did better this weekend. I bought my own refried Beans and fixed it up with sauteed ground turkey, ground turkey sausage and lean groundbeef all mixed up. Then I put a little fat free sour cream and picante sauce on it. It was really good. I had a little bit of salad yesterday and it was good because I had been dying for one. Today I have a shake for Breakfast and lunch but I have a cheesestick in case I desprately need something to chew.

Where is Oh Happy Day she should be back today. I hope her surgery went well.

Guest Oh Happy Day:-)

Hello :-)

I just got back from Monterrey last night - I had to stay an extra day due to a massive Migraine headache and nausea...... but I am feeling better now and very happy to be home with my kids! Weighed myself this morning and I am down 6.5 lbs - yea! I am starting at 240 with a goal of 125.

Thank you guys for all of your support! I am so glad this group has been started :-)

Gunn - thanks for your encouragement before the surgery.

Carrie - I had tickets for Women of Faith too! I gave them away when I was offered the surgery date last Thursday. I hope you had fun! Sorry to hear about your treadmill experience - I have always been afraid of that happening.

Teresa - glad this weekend went better!

I am heading out this morning to get foods for this liquid portion of the diet.

I have read mixed reports about starting Protein drinks within the first 2 weeks - my doctor said it is ok - but I have read other doctors say to stay with pretty much Clear liquids for the full 2 weeks for healing. What did you guys do?

Look forward to talking to you again soon -

Amy

I definitely drank Protein Drinks, my doc said it was ok, too. I also had cream of crab Soup (without chunks) and milk. My doctor said it was important to have at least one glass on skim/fat free milk a day...so, no, I did not have mostly Clear Liquids, but I did drink a lot of Water, Crystal Light, and chicken broth. How did you like Monterrey? Was it extremely hot like when I was there? Aren't the roads crazy with those random drivers all over the place and no lanes or anything? And bright green taxis???? Anyway, glad you're back and good luck in the liquid phase....

Guest Oh Happy Day:-)

Thank you guys! I am doing Ok thus far. I have been doing Protein drinks and some milk too.

Monterrey was interesting - but so much better than the only other time I was in Mexico in Tijuana back in the late 80's. I couldn't quite get myself to head there again. I was impressed with the hospital, the hotel was fine and thank goodness it was next to a shopping strip/mall.

OH Happy Day Amy is back. Congratulations and welcome back. I'm glad everything went well with the surgery. I'm sorry to hear about the migrains and such. If you follow doctors orders I know you are going to be just fine. As far as the liquid diet I also drank some Protein Shake during that time. I mainly focused on Water, crystal light, clear broth and popsicles for the first week.