Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 6 weeks out and I was wondering if there are any wraps I can use to make sandwiches? If so, which ones are best?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@ I was told to stay away from any soft/doughy foods which unfortunately sandwich wraps fall into that category. I would eat the sandwich insides without any bread/wrap at 6 weeks out - or as @@LipstickLady said - use romaine lettuce. Sandwiches of any kind are my thing - and I specifically asked about this with my NUT. Once cleared for these foods, some alternatives to sandwiches would be a stuffed Tomato (tuna salad, chicken salad), sliced cucumbers with sandwich meat and cheese, and of course the lettuce wraps.

Too early for bread. meat rollups. my favorite, Turkey, a piece of cheese, roll it up, a thin layer of light mayo. :)

I often use leaf lettuce.

at 6 months out I occasionally use a low carb tortilla wrap. but usually it's just the lettuce.

sometimes I take a thin slice of ham, a thin slice of swiss cheese and wrap it around steamed asparagus, and then cut the roll in half. that's pretty yummy. can add a thin smear of mustard if you like.

if it's egg salad or something like that I just eat it with a fork.

sometimes I take a thin slice of ham, a thin slice of swiss cheese and wrap it around steamed asparagus, and then cut the roll in half. that's pretty yummy. can add a thin smear of mustard if you like.

That sounds really good!!! I wish I had that right now! :-)

Be prepared with your meal items so you won't grab just anything. No bread in my house so I am never tempted. Make little meat loaves in muffin tins, or make mini quiches in the muffin tins. I use eggs, low fat Swiss cheese, FF milk, and fresh crabmeat or sprinkles of bpcooked bacon, no crust, to make the quiches. I have made it a habit to never have bread or Pasta in reach. I also keep tuna salad and cooked ground beef with taco seasoning for a quick meal.

That sounds really good!!! I wish I had that right now! :-)

She had me at "ham". That's sounds really delicious.

6 weeks may be a little early for lettuce, so make sure you check with your NUT/Surgeon. I was told not to eat lettuce until after 3 months post-op

If your plan allows, I like La Tortilla Factory whole wheat fajita size tortillas (I make a quesadilla with one of them folded over). 45cal/4g net carb/6g fiber/4g Protein. They're not bread-y at all like regular white flour tortillas, they get very crisp when I heat them in a pan. I'm not much of a sandwich fan but I've had a few bites of one wrapped around ham and pickled asparagus and the texture was nice!

I'm not allowed lettuce yet either. I think thst is way far away. Ham didn't agree with me when I tried last week. :(

I like the sound of mini meatloaf. Although ground beef, or any beef not working for me yet either. I'm living on chicken, tuna, and ricotta. And shakes of course.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

It is great to keep a small notebook for ideas and recipes for the days you can venture out.

One of my favorite lunches early out was a turkey lunch meat roll up made with deli turkey, Swiss cheese and I would put a whole green chili in it and heat it until the cheese was all melty. Yum!