Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have one more Requirement left. ????????

Well hello everyone. I am about to begin my weight loss journey, or I should say I've already began. It has always been a struggle of mines being over weight. I loved my body for years until I stepped on the scale back in January 2016 and it read 386 (HRW). At that point I decided my life is spiraling out of control and I need to do something.I started seeing a nutritionist whom have me great pointers but I did not follow after 2 weeks. I contacted the doctors office and went for a consultation. She then began to work with me and stated it would be best for me to get weight loss surgery. So here I am. I have one more requirement and that is to see the nutritionist. I pray that this surgery changes my life like I have seen it do for so many family meme era and friends. My question to you all is what help can you suggest if I love good food? I just want to know will I be able to do this. I'm getting nervous a little bit but don't want to tell anyone close to me. I don't want them to think I'm backing out because I'm not. Any suggestions.

Welcome! I strongly recommend therapy with a person who specializes in bariatrics. You will need to get your eating issues under control - this journey is as much mental as it is physical. WLS is a tool but we still need to do the work. Good luck with everything!

Commit to making food and lifestyle changes now. And lose as much weight as possible as a pre op - it really does make a difference. I loved food too, but too much of anything, even the good stuff, is going to come back to haunt you in the end.

Use that golden period of rapid weight loss to its upmost. For me the biggest game changer was finally feeling full. I never had that feeling before. I never went back to any of my old ways. During that golden period I was able to rid myself of a lifetime soda habit. I gave up fast food, sweets, Pasta, rice, bread, and more. I also only drink Water and threw out my salt shakers.

If you want long term success you will eventually have to give up things. If you're anything like me, striving for moderation, and then failing miserably is what got me here in the first place. I know there are post ops who can walk that thin line without going overboard, but I'm not one of them. I knew in my heart that this was my last chance, and by God I was going to make it happen.

I can tell you sincerely that what you give up pales in comparison to what you'll get in return. I'm 55 and I've never been fitter and happier. It was worth it a 100 times over. Sit down with yourself and take a good hard look at what got you here, and what you're willing to do to get out... permanently.

Best of luck!

I fully understand your concerns . I love food too. I had a bit of panic over possibly never eating 'normal' food again, but friends told me that was a very normal reaction. I am 3 weeks out tomorrow from surgery. I feel great and I really do not have a desire to eat a bunch of food. I love pizza and last night we had a family get together with my favorite kind. I truly did not have any desire to have any at all. It's normal to worry and doubt during the process. This is a big change for us. I look at the success stories here and it motivates me to dig in and fight for this. I want this new lifestyle and I know you do too. Just keep reminding yourself why.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App