Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week post op tomorrow and have convinced myself that I will be "the" one that this won't work for. The crazy part about it is that I know I have what it takes to eat the limited portions (basically forced now) and that I will follow the "rules" but just have it in my head that I've lost all I'm going to lose. Crazy fears!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am one week post op tomorrow and have convinced myself that I will be "the" one that this won't work for. The crazy part about it is that I know I have what it takes to eat the limited portions (basically forced now) and that I will follow the "rules" but just have it in my head that I've lost all I'm going to lose. Crazy fears!

You need to have a new attitude on your @@NewAdventure2016 ! Stay positive! Stick with the plan - you will be successful!

I have the same fear! I know it's irrational, but still ...

I think I've internalized one bariatric doctor's comment that I will not be able to go below 200 unless I have bypass surgery. I chose the sleeve, of course!

For the record, the doctor wasn't trying to be mean. I believe her comment was based on some of the medical/physiological issues that prompted huge weight gain years ago. But I still hope to prove her wrong.

Edited by SandyinFL

Our thoughts become reality. Write yourself a new story, one where you are very successful and reach your goal or more. Tell it over and over until you believe it!

I'm 8 days post op and I'm having the same thoughts. I try to tell myself is not rational! I think it's hard to wrap the mind around such a big thing our bodies just went through. I'm going to stay positive, as the weight comes off regularly and I know how to control my food I think I'll be feeling better. As of right now, I just can't eat!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I think those negative thoughts come when you're not in control of what your body is doing, and at 1 week post-op, you're definitely not in control! Your sleeve is still terribly swollen, your bowels probably aren't behaving properly, your brain thinks you need to eat but you can't...it's a confusing, tough time.

The good news is that it gets much, much better relatively quickly. By 4 weeks I was eating a regular diet of well-chewed foods, walking long distances, sleeping beautifully and had no pain. Now, as I start my 11th week post-op, it's like I didn't have surgery, except for the restriction I get from the sleeve. You WILL be successful if you decide that you'll be successful. Your sleeve is a marvelous tool, but you decide how you're going to use it...start visualizing success and you'll be successful. Good luck :)

I agree with shelterdog

the first month for me was somewhat hard.. I used to tell myself this isn't going to work..but it is and it will :)

i was mourning food.. i was emotional..i cried a lot lol this all passed.. you're going to see the results..you're going to be happy :D in a couple of months this wont even be an issue! chin up and think positive! good luck to you

I had a personal trainer for over a year and exercised for 4 days a week. I would lose 3 pounds despite all the sweat and tears but when I would go in for my doctor's appointment, no one would believe me. He could not believe that I could be exercising that much and not losing weight. I found out that I had pcos and insulin resistance which explained the problem but didn't solve it. I know how it feels to give it your best and come to zero results because I have done that for a good portion of my life. I went through with this surgery with a part of me knowing that even cutting my body organ off of me may not fix the problem. I was going to be the exception for whom this option too was not going to work. Except it did. Not the way it does for others but in my own special way. I am 3 months out but have lost 30 pounds only. I was 173 and 5'2. I was frustrated over how others are losing so much while my scale moves so slowly but I have learned to appreciate the fact that I am losing. I only have 20 or 35 more pounds to lose but those are the pounds that I carried with me for years.. Pounds that won't shed off regardless of what I did. You may not lose like others but you will lose at your own pace. That counts for a lot. If it takes me a year to shed those 30 pounds, I would still be greatful and satisfied.

I am curious @@NewAdventure2016 how are things now? Or any of you that were unsure. I also have PCOS and am almost 6 weeks post-op. I have my moments of frustration that I am not losing like everyone else. But am focusing on my own journey. One day I look the same way on the outside that I feel on the inside.

Hope everyone is happy with their progress and their hard work thus far.