Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post-op Feel like I can eat anything!

I'm two weeks out as of tomorrow. All has gone much, much smoother than I've expected... so of course I'm worrying that it has gone too smoothly. I've had no nausea, no vomiting, no really bad feelings of fullness. I had absolutely getting in 80 ounces of liquid right after discharge until starting on soft Protein for the past 5 days. Since the change from only one Protein shake a day and all Clear liquids to adding in some "real" food and more Protein drinks, its a little harder to get in 80 ounces of liquid. However, my big concern is that i feel like I can eat much more of the real food than the few tablespoons/1/4 cup. I don't get any real feelings of fullness. I've sometimes ate more often (since everything has gone down so well)... although I have NOT gone over the recommended calories for a day.... but I so feel like I could.

Is something wrong with my pouch? I am happy that I'm a lucky one to not have nausea and vomiting... but I'm worried that my pouch isn't going to help control my eating as I continue to work on my self-control. ? Its a tool, but is my tool working right?

I was the same way. I did have vomiting, but in the hospital from the anesthesia. I felt I could eat and drink way more than I needed. A few weeks/months into it it got better. I still feel like I can eat more than I need. I was worried for the longest time that my doctor didn't actually do the surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@kaseybc Sounds like you are doing great! You should measure portions and stick with guidelines. Your stomach takes about 20 mins to notify your brain you are full and that's when nerves are healed. You don't want to get to full - only satisfied.

Now is an important time in the healing process, and you need to make sure you're not going over the recommended amount, even if it feels like you could. The nerves in your stomach that were cut have not knit back together yet, so if you did any damage or were eating too much/too fast, you wouldn't really feel it. More than likely, in a few weeks when the nerves become functional, you will get to that feeling of fullness. Take care! :) Best of luck to you.

I'm ten days post op and am experiencing the same thing you are. I can tolerate everything so far and I dont get that full feeling that I thought I would. We are on liquid and mush, maybe when we start real food we will get that full feeling.

Thanks all for the input, I'm definitely not over-eating .... but worried that it would become harder not to do that, that it's still healing makes sense!.

I'm so glad to see this post because I'm in the same boat. I've had no issues with any food I've tried and never really feel full. And I too feel convinced at times that I never actually got the surgery! Of course I'm sticking to the recommended calories though and it's going ok.

I think we should consider ourselves the lucky ones, I'd much rather have to deal with not feeling full over nausea or food revulsion.

Jo x

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm going to be completely honest. I had a band and I also had it removed because it was not working the doctor converted me.to a gastric sleeve. I never felt full I was always hungry and eat normally no restrictions. 2 years later never lost a pound. I didnt give up After frequent visits with my surgeon I told him I wanted to see what the problem was, I've had two weight loss surgeries and I'm still FAT. So he did a revision of my sleeve. I'm finally feeling what every one else is 2 Oz of food and I feel full. A Protein shake would NEVER fill me up. NOW I'm full.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I'm going to be completely honest. I had a band and I also had it removed because it was not working the doctor converted me.to a gastric sleeve. I never felt full I was always hungry and eat normally no restrictions. 2 years later never lost a pound. I didnt give up After frequent visits with my surgeon I told him I wanted to see what the problem was, I've had two weight loss surgeries and I'm still FAT. So he did a revision of my sleeve. I'm finally feeling what every one else is 2 Oz of food and I feel full. A Protein shake would NEVER fill me up. NOW I'm full.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using the BariatricPal App

I had the band in 2009 and just had it removed Dec '15 due to intolerance, now I'm waiting for the sleeve, hopefully September sometime, and my biggest worry is this same thing! I've already had 1 WLS fail I really don't want this one to fail. Did your Dr specify why you needed a revision to your new sleeve? I'm really nervous I'm going to follow all the rules and won't have any weight loss as this is what happened with my lap band towards the end. Congrats on getting your new sleeve finally working for you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I was worried, too. 2 weeks out, and there was no food that I found that I could not tolerate. Then one evening for dinner, I finally crossed the line of how far I could go. It came back up, IMMEDIATELY. Now I am very careful that I don't get to that point. I also found myself feeling hungry almost immediately after I would eat, which put me in a total panic. One reason that I opted for the sleeve was that it supposedly cut down on ghrelin, the hormone that makes you hungry. The scale was stuck on the same number for a week, and I know it was because of the extra calories I was eating because I felt like I was hungry. A lot of people on here suggested acid blockers for the hunger pangs. I've started taking Prilosec, and it has definitely helped take the edge off. The scale started moving again and I lost 2 pounds in 2 days. Last night for dinner, I had 4 oz. of salmon (which has a whopping 23 grams of protein), and about a half cup of broiled zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes. And drink, drink, drink that Water. It drives me crazy because I feel like I spend half of my life in the bathroom, but it really does help. :)

I had that same problem when I came home feeling like Nothing had been done to my stomach. I could drink and eat everything, but that changed a week later. Now I'm 4months out and some times my stomach wont keep nothing down. By the time I take 2-3 small fork bites, Im full. If I take that 4th bite, I will be hugging the toilet. Me and my toilet have become the best of friends over the last few weeks. UUUGGG. It feels like something is sitting in my chest until it finally comes up. I hate that feeling, NASTY. I have to keep going

Hello everyone, I got sleeved on 8/5. Exactly 3 weeks ago. I have recovered so quickly, it is almost ridiculous. I have been able to eat everything. I switched to regular solid food (which I chew really well) within 4 days after surgery. I love the sensation of getting full and leaving food on my plate. This had never happened before in my entire life! It is so empowering and liberating...

But I am having 2 major issues, number one is that soup and pureed baby foods, like pureed bananas and peach do not make me full. Few nights ago I had 14 oz of lentil Soup and was still hungry. I had another 6 oz afterwards. So total of 20 oz of soup! I had an appointment with my surgeon 2 days ago. My surgeon said being able to eat 14 or 20 oz of Soup was most unusual and that I should stick to solid Proteins instead as they DO infact make me feel really full. She also advised me to have my Protein shake late at night.

My second issue is insomnia (despite keeping active during the day--I go for long walks or cycle in the afternoons). My insomnia leads to late night eating. I have eaten nuts and yogurt, feeling very guilty. As a result my weight loss has slowed down. I have only lost 10 lb in the 3 weeks since my surgery (I'm 5.8" and weighed 258.5 on day of surgery. BMI 38).

My surgeon said that my weight loss was on target and there was nothing to worry about. She advised me to eat 4 smaller meals to make room for my late night cravings. But she did advise me to seek help for my sleep issues with my primary care physician.

I'd love to know if any of you have the same issue or have been able to successfully tackle them?

Much thanks!

I was the same then yesterday I had my first really sick vomiting day. I was on full liquids and starting thick mushy. I now feel I cannot get my form back. Anyway, stick to the plan you might think your ok yet one wrong mistake will throw you back. I had to go back to just liquids. Good luck

Thanks DRK

267/243/225

Surgery date 08/15/16

Edited by DRKExpressions