Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

United healthcare Bariatric program

Received approval Friday after my 6 month supervised diet. Next to get on my Dr.'s schedule and convince my wife the surgery is safe.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Congrats!! How long did it take for you to get approved??

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It took a full 6 months. I had a 6 month supervised diet requirement. I am BMI of 40+ will all of the co-morbidities. I was submitted to insurance 12/1 and approved 12/16.

It took a full 6 months. I had a 6 month supervised diet requirement. I am BMI of 40+ will all of the co-morbidities. I was submitted to insurance 12/1 and approved 12/16.

Oh nice so only two weeks for insurance?? That's not bad at all. My surgeons office is submitting this week, so hopefully it's not a long wait!

My UHC (BariatricPal Resource Services) had a time frame of 15 business days. That would have been this Thursday. It was a long 11 business days. I called several times to check status. Good luck with your approval!

My UHC (BariatricPal Resource Services) had a time frame of 15 business days. That would have been this Thursday. It was a long 11 business days. I called several times to check status. Good luck with your approval!

Yeah I plan on constantly checking too and thank you!

So I met my deductible and my max out of pocket for the year but I just got a bill for over $700 for my blood work. Anyone else run into this?

I paid $800 the day of surgery. I did not have a deductible ($600 deductible was waived) and I did not reach my out of pocket max ($3400/individual) for the year. I just got a bill for $900. Surgery was $60,000? Yikes! Considering people go to Mexico and pay $5000 (or less) and get the same results. But I can't complain with it costing less than $2000.

post-288557-14831152843231_thumb.jpg

Did you have to provide 5 year medical records with UHC?

Did you have to provide 5 year medical records with UHC?

I did not.

Hey there! I did. Did the 6 months of nutrition visits, the physch appt and got pre approval! Great, right!? Nope. I didn’t have a COE either and went to one out of state. Still have a bill of 11k because with my plan Bariatric surgery doesn’t count under the out of pocket max. So make sure to triple ask that. I called and was told it was however did not get an official estimate and am now appealing. It’s been 3 months of appeals and all answers are no. I’m sure I’ll be on the hook for it. Ask and get written verification for it all.