Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

United healthcare Bariatric program

I did learn something that everyone may already know, but I didn't...so I wanted to share. (As I've read in the forums before) It's not true that the Optum nurse we are required to have reviews our file for approval (I didn't believe that anyway). As far a bariatrics, if you have UHC and your employer is Apple (for example) all those files are reviewed by the same person or group of people. Supposedly once my file was reviewed it took less than an hour to approve, but it took them 27 days (and several calls for a supervisor from my surgeon's office) to actually decide to look at it.

Good to know! I am still waiting. I called yesterday again and was told it's still pending but the 15 days is almost up so to call back mid week. I am on pins and needles!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Good to know! I am still waiting. I called yesterday again and was told it's still pending but the 15 days is almost up so to call back mid week. I am on pins and needles!!

I feel your pain. I hope they get back to you soon! Let us know.

I'm about 9 days from surgery and just found out that I needed to enroll in the bariatric resource program after nearly a year of seeing doctors. UHC initially told me it was mandatory which is why my case is still pending, but when the surgery center called they told them it was completely optional, so I enrolled anyway. Not sure exactly what's happening, but I wish I would have found out sooner :(

I'm about 9 days from surgery and just found out that I needed to enroll in the bariatric resource program after nearly a year of seeing doctors. UHC initially told me it was mandatory which is why my case is still pending, but when the surgery center called they told them it was completely optional, so I enrolled anyway. Not sure exactly what's happening, but I wish I would have found out sooner :(

Damn, I hope that doesn't delay anything.

If you enrolled anyway then everything should be fine right?

You should be fine all they do is give you a nurse who just basically keeps in contact with you while getting requirements done. No extra requirements or anything

I talked to my nurse one time when I started. She never called me again. I left 2 messages too. Lol.

My surgery is scheduled for Nov. 14th. I'm so excited, however I've had an uphill road getting here. After going through a 6 mo. process and the hospital send in all my paperwork the end of Aug. UHC denied me having the surgery at my local hospital because they're weren't showing to be a "center of excellence", they'd approve me having it at another hospital 3 hrs away:( So I started down that road...then my local hospital says, oh we are a center of excellence, we just forgot to send in our paperwork proving it to UHC. So they expedited the paperwork, UHC approved me going to my local hospital. I'm so thrilled!! The whole thing set me back about 5 wks:( I'm just happy I'm able to get it done before the end of the year so I don't have to pay my VERY HIGH deductible again!! I'm so ready to have the surgery. I start on liquids for 2 wks next Monday.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Surgery set for Friday, November 18th at 3:30pm. Finally.

@@ChickenChick what is your hight and weight if you don't mind

5'4"/215ish

@@ChickenChick what is your hight and weight if you don't mind

5'4"/215ish

I'm the same only 5'2 though

Did you get approved? I'm still pending :/