Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am looking to have this surgery and going through all my glasses required by my surgeon and so forth it's a total of a 6 month program I'm on my 4 th month but my main concern is I'm 270 lbs and so afraid of having loose skin and my insurance not covering skin surgery I'm interested in hearing from people who have had this surgery around my weight and if they had a bunch of loose skin at my classes they say bc I'm young yet 36( not that young lol) that it will still have a lot of elasticity I have had three kids and just don't wanna have a bunch of loose skin and stretch marks already have the stretch marks. Anyone's stories or ways to prevent loose skin ect would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The truth is, it all depends on how much you have to lose, your age, whether or not you exercise while losing, how fast you lose.....

In all honestly unless you are under the age of 25 and have little weight to lose you are bound to have loose skin somewhere.

In my opinion, the loose skin is better than all the fat, the scars are better than the loose skin.

It is also very rare to have your insurance cover actual body countouring surgery which is what most of us need after losing so much weight. Sometimes they will cover a panni removal if you have a history of getting infections there but even that is not too common.

I had my first first plastic surgery a week ago Thursday. It cost 5950.00 out of my own pocket plus the cost of medicines, ice packs, etc. I had an arm lift. It was the best money I have ever spent.

Having had a lot of loose skin after 150lb loss for the last year or so, i prefer it over all that fat that made me sick and miserable. You just have to decide what is more important. Your health or some loose skin that you may be able to do something about in the coming years.

Thanks so much and definitely my health right now my main goal is just to be a healthier mom for my kids and have more energy for them right now I'm in pain every day I have fibromyalgia and degenerative back disease so getting rid of the every day pain I'm so excited for Thanks so much for responding I've read a lot of different answers in books and wanted to know from someone who personally was my weight and wld know I'm new to this site and trying to figure it all out I can't wait till I have a date for my surgery And to be in my way congratulations on all ur weight loss!!

@@Djmohr

How are you doing after surgery? After the WLS itself which I've had, the arm lift is what I want most! I have always had large arms even in middle school. I have lost over 100 lbs. in the past and myarms always kept me from wearing smaller size tops.

How long have you been at/near goal wright?

@@Loudy227

I hit my goal in March and have been maintaining within a 3 pound swing ever since.

My arms look great. For some reason I am having a terrible time with itching and it was at its worst last night. I have a lot of allergies to adhesives and I have a bad feeling that I am allergic to the one use. So, my arms are pretty red today, still slightly swollen and I do have little bumps all over the arm.

I have been taking Benadryl every 4 hours but it is not helping at all. I think I am going to call them today and see if I can use calamine lotion or something because it is near impossible to not itch it.

@@Loudy227

If forgot to also say that I would have this Brachioplasty again in a heart beat even with all the itching. My arms look great! The skin sans rash looks like it is 20 again, there is not a drop of cellulite anywhere and they are getting even thinner by the day. I can actually see my bicep.

My plastic surgeon told there is a tiny girl under all this loose skin.

It's fun when people call you tiny for a change. :)

I had my RNY at 47, and have lost 100 lbs, would like to lose another 8 lbs, surgery was 20 mos ago. Except for my stomach, I have virtually no loose skin. That said, I have a fair complexion, have never tanned, didn't get many stretch marks during my one pregnancy or all my weight gain. I have also never smoked as much as on cigarette. All this worked in my favor for not having a lot of lose skin. All the things I mentioned are causes or signs or less elasticity. I do a fair amount of weight training so the muscle tone will help loose skin appear firmer, I think but won't "cure " lose skin. Now I'm not saying I will ever wear a bikini but I feel.100 percent comfortable in sleeveless shirts.

I have attached two pic of my skin 20 months post open, and 100 lbs lost.

Belly not so hot, but not horribly. Arms not bad at all.

post-238604-0-14926200-1469863824_thumb.jpg

Sorry arm didn't post.post-238604-0-24668300-1469863991_thumb.jpg

Sorry arm didn't post.post-238604-0-00960800-1469865319_thumb.jpg post-238604-0-24668300-1469863991_thumb.jpg post-238604-0-00960800-1469865319_thumb.jpg

I went from 330 down to 200.

I had heaps of loose skin, But have been very overweight for a long time and my skin tone was poor. Everyone is different, don't let the fear of Loose skin worry you. The benefits far out way it.

At this point I rather have loose skin then the embarrassment I went to go in a ride a Hershey park with my son this weekend and was told I was too big and made to get off. I was so embarrassed and ashamed.