Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well... I'm actually in the very first stages of deciding whether i'm going to do this. I'm not nervous at all, which is odd i think considering what i'm thinking about doing. i hate doing these introductions :) I never know what to write lol. I hate throwing up, so that's really and honestly my only issue with the whole thing.

i'm 21, 22 in a few weeks actually. I've always been pretty heavy, my doctor says "i carry it well." w/e that's supposed to mean... i guess it means that it's spread out evenly lol :) i'll go with that. i'm about 5'7 and come in about 267. I checked my BMI in a few places and i got anywhere from 40 -41.5. *shrug* idk what made the difference.

i've always been pretty active, even now I still lift weights at work (I dispatch for police and fire) with my officers, I even go out and do the yearly physical with them :D I get my tail handed to me in places where long distance running is involved but hey :P they're proud b/c i try. anyway, it's getting to the point where my joints are really starting to hurt and every once in a week or so I get little chest pains, they're nothing to hoorah over, just like... little twinges that come and then they're gone. nothing makes them come or go... they've got a mind of their own. anyway, i'll stop rambling... :D

any questions fire away :)

Liz

Introductions suck. I'm in the same boat as you are, some things I've read and seen here though, helped me to decide that I am ready to make the commitment to change my life. Now to get this process started. Lol. Wishing you well in your journey.

Welcome Sochling! I think you'll find the forum very helpful. The people on here are so supportive and always willing to help answer any questions you have. Have you been to any lap band doctors or been to any lap band seminars? I'd highly recommend you look into going to a seminar or two. I know I learned a lot from those. From there, maybe you could go to a consult. I think that will help you decide if the lap band is for you! Good luck on your journey!

Have you been to any lap band doctors or been to any lap band seminars?

not yet, but there's one in a week on the 30th that i'm stoked about :) it's pretty neat b/c the dr. putting it on is actually one of the ones i was looking at for the surgery. i remembered what it was that made me nervous other than the whole throwing up thing, it's that i will be *so* irriated if it messes up not b/c of me but b/c of the doctor that I choose. lol, it's just my luck :)

Hi there. I am also 22 and I just had it done 10 days ago. I'm in that stage right now where I am wondering if I should have done it or not, just because these first few days have been really rough. Everyone deals differently. I'm a senior in college, but I am also a volunteer FF and EMT-Basic with my local ambulance service. Needless to say, with not being able to be on call and school hasn't started yet, I'm pretty bored and that's the hardest thing about being stuck at home. But I think that if you decide to do this, you will be very thankful in the end and I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you find a surgeon that is as skilled and as down to earth as mine is!!!!!!!!!!

Shleb

woot! i'm glad to have met someone my age! :) and someone kinda in the same field as me... well, as far as emergencies go :) that just means i can tell you where to go lol j/k :) i'm on the fence as to whether or not to tell anyone here at work about the surgery... i would only have to tell my boss and that's not a big deal. I just don't want ppl fawning over me... does that make sense? ugh... i hate that stuff lol. but I imagine that i won't really be gone too long when/if i get to go through with it...

i know your pain! so to speak... about the boredom... i'm having to go on forced vacation b/c my time banks are full. ugh. what am i supposed to do on vacation! :D

Hi there. I am also 22 and I just had it done 10 days ago. I'm in that stage right now where I am wondering if I should have done it or not, just because these first few days have been really rough. Everyone deals differently. I'm a senior in college, but I am also a volunteer FF and EMT-Basic with my local ambulance service. Needless to say, with not being able to be on call and school hasn't started yet, I'm pretty bored and that's the hardest thing about being stuck at home. But I think that if you decide to do this, you will be very thankful in the end and I wish you the best of luck. I hope that you find a surgeon that is as skilled and as down to earth as mine is!!!!!!!!!!

Shleb