Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey sisters. Just got back from my post op appointment. It went great. I am 8 lbs down. He said the weight loss should pick up around 3 weeks post surgery because during thenfirst 3 weeks ur body is focused on healing after major surgery. After that time it kicks into gear on weight loss. Yayy. And i get to start my oureed diet. Im SO EXCITED!!!!!! so glad everyones doing great. Picked up my Vitamins. He said i can take them as tolerated now and ease into the amt i need. One thing i need to do is stay off the scale three times a day lol. Im gonna try to weight once or twice a week. We will see if i can actually do that. Hahaha.

He said during my sirgery they really contemplated just removing my lap band and doing sleeve in a later surgery due to it had slipped, caused a hernia he had to repair. But they ouffed up my stomach after and it looked great so they proceeded. Omg inwould have been soooo upset if they hadnt sleeved me. I know its for my own good but inselfishly want to get the show on the road and get rid of this big ol butt. Lol. Have a great week yall. Im gonna eat me some yogurt. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey sisters. Just got back from my post op appointment. It went great. I am 8 lbs down. He said the weight loss should pick up around 3 weeks post surgery because during thenfirst 3 weeks ur body is focused on healing after major surgery. After that time it kicks into gear on weight loss. Yayy. And i get to start my oureed diet. Im SO EXCITED!!!!!! so glad everyones doing great. Picked up my Vitamins. He said i can take them as tolerated now and ease into the amt i need. One thing i need to do is stay off the scale three times a day lol. Im gonna try to weight once or twice a week. We will see if i can actually do that. Hahaha.

He said during my sirgery they really contemplated just removing my lap band and doing sleeve in a later surgery due to it had slipped, caused a hernia he had to repair. But they ouffed up my stomach after and it looked great so they proceeded. Omg inwould have been soooo upset if they hadnt sleeved me. I know its for my own good but inselfishly want to get the show on the road and get rid of this big ol butt. Lol. Have a great week yall. Im gonna eat me some yogurt. Lol

Congrats on your loss keep up the good work. I would have been devastated if I had woke up to no sleeve. I'm glad everything worked out!

Omg, 3 week liquid diet! U poor thing! I'll try not to complain too much about 1 week, lol

Sent from my VS990 using the BariatricPal App

Lol yup.. but I'm sipping a Protein drink... chocolate Protein Powder with a tablespoon of ovaltine mixed with almond coconut milk.. taste just like a mounds bar. I wish I can have all the horrible food, but all this is prepping me for my healthier life. And I'm super emotional.. I don't know why but hey, it feels nice to cry at stupid things lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

You know, I don't get it...why torture a person before surgery like that? My medical folks required the ten percent weight loss and fasting after midnight prior to my surgery which I know is routine. I'm ten days post op and feel really well but really weak. There must be some reasonable explanation, but Kaiser in CA doesn't require this diet. I think it's dangerous to send people hither and yon in a weakened state. According to Dr. tanktalken, (that would be me) this is a mean, poop eating unnecessary process to put patients through! So come on folks, tell me why they do this? And thanks sweetie for the almond/coconut suggestion for chocolate protein powder! I love me some mounds bars! Nancy K.

Ditto what Rocshae said

Has anyone else been to their post-op appt.? How is everyone doing? Any good weight loss numbers yet or good progress? I do not have my appt. until Monday and do not want to step on a scale until then. I hope it is good news!

I cant believe after not keeping much down all this time that the scale could be anything but down for you! As of yesterday I was 10 lbs down since surgery.

Edited by deekel8

Man, that would have been devastating. Yes for your benefit, but to have two surgeries! Ugh! Thank goodness it all worked out! Let us know how all that pureed food goes and also if you try any good recipes. Congrats on the weight loss. You will make yourself crazy weighing yourself that much. But I understand the urge. After we've been trying to lose weight for so long and the scale not budging, its insane how fast the weight is coming off! Yay for all of us!

Has anyone else been to their post-op appt.? How is everyone doing? Any good weight loss numbers yet or good progress? I do not have my appt. until Monday and do not want to step on a scale until then. I hope it is good news!

I cant believe after not keeping much down all this time that the scale could be anything but down for you! As of yesterday I was 10 lbs down since surgery.

I was weighing at first when I wasn't eating and the scale was looking pretty. Now that I'm doing better and trying to get my Protein and fluids in, I'm afraid it won't look as good now, but I'm still trying not to weigh until then for a surprise. I just have to remind myself, no matter the number, it will be a loss and a step forward.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I went for my follow up yesterday and all is well. I am down 11 lbs since surgery for a total of 46 lbs since I started the program 4/11 Got the ok to start puréed food this weekend. I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well!

Ok went to bj's tonight and ordered mashed potatoes. It was so yummy. Well the three bites i took were. Hahahaha. This is so awesome!!!

I had mashed potatoes yesterday too, and they were amazing!

I wouldn't say terrible, but I have had pain in my chest almost every time I swallow from the beginning. It is finally starting to ease up. I think it is the hernia repair that I am feeling.

I had my 2 week follow up today. He said the average person loses 6-12 pounds in the first 2 weeks and I lost 13 (Don't be proud, I WAS puking the whole first week). I can start my pureed stage today and start my supplements and can start working out again (up to 25 pounds). Still not hitting my Protein or my Water goals, but today is a new day :)

Happy 2 week surgiversary 26ers! I wanted to share a non scale victory. I havent been able to wear my wedding ring for over a year. I tried it on today and it slipped right on! Have a great day everyone!