Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

i had my first fill 3 weeks ago had some restriction for the first couple days now i have none the scale hasnt moved i called my doc hes going to adjust it next friday i feel so defeated im eating like i was before my band i try to remember i didnt gain weight overnight im not going to lose it overnight but i still feel like i should be losing some weight!

i had my first fill 3 weeks ago had some restriction for the first couple days now i have none the scale hasnt moved i called my doc hes going to adjust it next friday i feel so defeated im eating like i was before my band i try to remember i didnt gain weight overnight im not going to lose it overnight but i still feel like i should be losing some weight!

We all lose weight at a different rate. Try not to give up hope. Part of my sucess is in the mind. The band reminds me not to over eat or eat due to emotions. Good luck to you Nicole, this will take time, but it is well worth it, because it is for your health and good feelings,

, Bob

I saw my dr. today. He is very pleased with my weight loss. I got the band on August 27 and I have lost 30 pounds. He said I was averaging 1.4 pounds weight loss a week and if I keep this up, that would be 74 pounds in a year!!!!

Anyway, I will be getting my first fill next week. Little scared of it!!! He did say that I would do even better after the fill.

After all I have been through, the awful liquid diet, being in the hospital for 5 days because my band slipped almost right away, it has all been worth it!!!

When I was leaving his office, I had to show him how baggy my pants were getting. I know I will have to get some new clothes, but I do not want to hurry, because I do plan on contining loosing weight. At what point did you guys start buying new clothes.

I have been banded since August 13th. I went for my first fill and asked the Dr. to add a little extra because I didn't feel restricted at all. He just put in 1.25cc. When is this going to start working! I still do not feel any restriction and I am beginning to wonder why I did this.

Just venting, I know it will work someday. :faint:

I have been banded since August 13th. I went for my first fill and asked the Dr. to add a little extra because I didn't feel restricted at all. He just put in 1.25cc. When is this going to start working! I still do not feel any restriction and I am beginning to wonder why I did this.

Just venting, I know it will work someday. :faint:

You are right, it will work it just takes a little time. I was frustrated at first also. Please remember we did not get heavy in a short time and it will take a while for us to lose... and the best part is we are not going to put it back on . Good luck,

Bob

I am glad and sad to hear that there are others in the same boat as me. In the beginning, I was losing and now I have not lost in forever. I have no restriction at all and eat just about the same foods as before the surgery, I just get fuller faster. My doctor still has not given me a fill and I am just praying that I do not stretch my pouch in the process of waiting for a fill. I am really sad about the whole thing.

I am still working out about five days a week just struggling to make sure that I don't regain what I have already lost.

Saturday was my birthday!! Pause here for proferred cake.... :hungry:Pause.... :hungry:Pause.... :hungry: RATS....

I went to my birthday lunch on Saturday (had a grilled chicken salad), and for the first time ever I was the last person at the table to finish eating.

My birthday goal was to lose 20lbs by today, two months since my initial consult. I only had one week of liquids after surgery plus I was injured ten days ago, so I'm losing a little slower than some.

I'm just five weeks post-op, and I'm over 1/4 of the way to goal. My goal for Thanksgiving: To JUST be overweight.

Well I have been doing well, I have not had any trouble, unless I get carried away and eat too fast and don't chew well. Boy does that band remind me quickly. I am still not at a good level of restriction, I had my second fill today 1.5cc in an AP small. I have been losing weight just through Portion Control and smart choices. I have had some success in the past doing this, only in the past it would not last. I am hoping the band will make the difference in that regard. Hope you all are doing as well.

Jim

Looks like I am in the same boat as many of you. I had my surgery august 20th and haven't lost much in weeks. Heck I lost for about the first two weeks after surgery and then it stopped. Since surgery I am down 15lbs. I had my first fill last week and I definitely have some restriction as I have realized that I try to eat way to fast and have gotten things stuck....even pb'd for the first time today. (I am a slow learner....lol). I am really getting frustrated though that I haven't lost anymore. Even this past week, I thought I would have dropped a good few pounds and I am only down 2. I know they say that is right on target of 1-3 lbs per week but come on.....I know I am eating the 1200 calories a day, I can't eat any less. I am hungry on that and now with the restriction I am having a hard time figuring out just what and how much I can eat....sorry to vent, but I want you guys to know you are not alone.

Badonk--I feel the same way! I have only lost 15 since surgery too. However, I have had my fill for 2 weeks now and won't get another until November 7th. While I do know that restriction is there when I eat to fast and either have a hiccup episode or it comes back up, I don't feel any restriction hunger wise. Yes, it is frustrating but in a few months ,hopefully, we will be at our sweet spot! Heads up, trying to do the same here!

I am glad you said that pigsrflying.....I don't feel any restriction hunger wise either.....I can't eat as much and I have to be really careful with what I eat, but the head hunger is killing me. I am so nauseaus the last few days....I think I am going to call my doc and see what he says. I don't know why all of a sudden I would feel this way constantly. Anyone have any ideas why?

Hi , a good question is why can you not eat. If you are having a problem then may I suggest you call your clinic. If this is a tempory problem then sure, have some Soup or Chrystal Light, but be carefull of heavy calories in some liquids.

So I have had zero restriction since my fill on Sept 4, and have been okay with that because I am rarely hungry and was still losing significantly. Well starting yesterday I started feeling like everything was getting stuck. I have not PB'd, but have slimed a little. This morning I had a hard time getting my Crystal Light down. Then I tried Breakfast (same thing I had for dinner two nights ago) and I thought I was dying. After two bites I was sliming and in incredible pain. I felt like I had swallowed a golf ball and it was stuck right in the middle of my chest. I put the food down and didn't eat anymore. About 2 hours later I tried some oatmeal and it too did the same thing. I can get liquids down so I am going to go back to the liquid diet for a few days. Any one have any ideas what could be going on. If it doesn't go away I will call my doctor on Monday, but I live 5.5 hours (and across a mountain pass) from him. grrrr.

So I have had zero restriction since my fill on Sept 4, and have been okay with that because I am rarely hungry and was still losing significantly. Well starting yesterday I started feeling like everything was getting stuck. I have not PB'd, but have slimed a little. This morning I had a hard time getting my Crystal Light down. Then I tried breakfast (same thing I had for dinner two nights ago) and I thought I was dying. After two bites I was sliming and in incredible pain. I felt like I had swallowed a golf ball and it was stuck right in the middle of my chest. I put the food down and didn't eat anymore. About 2 hours later I tried some oatmeal and it too did the same thing. I can get liquids down so I am going to go back to the liquid diet for a few days. Any one have any ideas what could be going on. If it doesn't go away I will call my doctor on Monday, but I live 5.5 hours (and across a mountain pass) from him. grrrr.

Hi Karri,

I am Bob in Toronto, I have been banded since Aug 7. 2007. I have heard some people say that when this happens they drink something hot or at least warm to loosen up the band or stomach. Some people can't eat in the morning, but later in the day they can eat.

Yes by all means call your clinic, that is why they are there. You have a great idea.

Good luck,

Bob