Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Hi Jody!!

How on earth do you only eat 3-4 oz. of food and not be starving? You have more willpower than me. I eat until I start to feel full, then I stop. I'm eating MUCH less than I used to. I have been following the south beach diet, I find it easy for me. I have cheated and had some mashed potatoes a few times. It seems like we are in the same boat. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to be restricted to high heaven and watch this weight finally come off!

Princesst, 42 lbs. You are my hero!!!! :):):car::):):):):):):):):):):)

Much love to you Pmmegm!!! You're doing great and I think we both can meet our goals. I forgot to mention I'm going Saturday to join a 24 hour gym as my doctor also suggested along with walking to do full body weight resistance training.

I'm trying to built up the courage to join a gym. (I've NEVER done that before)

I'm about to switch to solids and I don't want that extra 200 calories per day to catch up with me!

Hi Jody!!

How on earth do you only eat 3-4 oz. of food and not be starving? You have more willpower than me. I eat until I start to feel full, then I stop. I'm eating MUCH less than I used to. I have been following the south beach diet, I find it easy for me. I have cheated and had some mashed potatoes a few times. It seems like we are in the same boat. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to be restricted to high heaven and watch this weight finally come off!

Princesst, 42 lbs. You are my hero!!!! :):):(:):confused::):confused::):confused::):confused::):):)

Lindsay,

Believe me there are times I am starving!:omg: I also cannot wait until I have a fill. I plan to tell him not to be stingy with the saline too!!!

Jody;)

• Finally broke into the 280's.....was stuck between 294 and 296 for over two weeks and them spent a week -- IKYN -- bouncing between 290.4 and 290.8 -- EVERY FLIPPIN' DAY!!! (Save the lectures about weighing every day.....I've heard 'em all already!)
  • Have PBed a few times -- not as bad as I had feared.
  • I need to SLOW DOWN.
  • Need to avoid HOLDING my food. Puts me in too much of a rush. First 2 PBs were eating something hand-held. I'm having to force myself to put it ON the plate and use my utensils.
  • I must be one of those people who is extra constricted in the mornings -- in fact, if I have a short night, I can really expect a PB if I don't take it exceptionally slow at Breakfast.< br />
  • I may never drink another Protein Shake or bowl of Soup as long as I live -- I think I don't even like chocolate any more because it reminds me of shakes! How ghastly is THAT!!?!
  • I went in on the 26th for my first fill, but he was concerned that it might take more than one stick to find my port....so he rescheduled me for the 8th. I REALLY want that fill.
  • I've figured out I have more HEAD hunger than actual hunger. I do great at mealtimes, however, its the evening snacking that I fight -- even with the band.
  • I have about three skirts that I've had to pull out of the closet because wearing them puts me at risk of public humiliation, because they could just fall off without warning. That's a NSV, right??

• Finally broke into the 280's.....was stuck between 294 and 296 for over two weeks and them spent a week -- IKYN -- bouncing between 290.4 and 290.8 -- EVERY FLIPPIN' DAY!!! (Save the lectures about weighing every day.....I've heard 'em all already!)
  • Have PBed a few times -- not as bad as I had feared.
  • I need to SLOW DOWN.
  • Need to avoid HOLDING my food. Puts me in too much of a rush. First 2 PBs were eating something hand-held. I'm having to force myself to put it ON the plate and use my utensils.
  • I must be one of those people who is extra constricted in the mornings -- in fact, if I have a short night, I can really expect a PB if I don't take it exceptionally slow at breakfast.
  • I may never drink another Protein Shake or bowl of Soup as long as I live -- I think I don't even like chocolate any more because it reminds me of shakes! How ghastly is THAT!!?!
  • I went in on the 26th for my first fill, but he was concerned that it might take more than one stick to find my port....so he rescheduled me for the 8th. I REALLY want that fill.
  • I've figured out I have more HEAD hunger than actual hunger. I do great at mealtimes, however, its the evening snacking that I fight -- even with the band.
  • I have about three skirts that I've had to pull out of the closet because wearing them puts me at risk of public humiliation, because they could just fall off without warning. That's a NSV, right??

Oh, I agree with you. I used to just love Tomato Soup. I do not care if I ever see another can of Tomato soup as long as I live. As far as the Protein Shakes, I hated them from the beginning and still do!!!

kitten i was banded on aug 24th and ive only lost 18 pounds and im starting to lose faith to but this is just the begining and we have a long way to go

Im very disappointed. Losing faith because I have only lost 20 pounds and it has been two months (banded August 25th).

Not fair.

Don't lose hope!! I was banded Aug 27th and I am down 18 and glad about it. We chose banding to do the slow and steady wins the race program!! Try to drink more Water and up the exercise. You and I have about the same amount to still lose. You're doing great!!

Jody from Jersey:clap2:

Hi Jody!!

Princesst, 42 lbs. You are my hero!!!! :):):(:):(:):):):):):):):):)

Lindsay,

I am tempted to call the Dr's office to see if they can move up my appt!! I can't wait for an adjustment!! Keep up the good work!!

Jody;)

Hi Everyone!!!!

I was banded on August 31st. I lost 10 lbs in the first week, and only have lost 2 more in the last 3 wks. I am trying to not get discouraged, but as of right now i have no restriction. I am hoping that will change with my 1st fill in 2 days. I hope that I am not setting my expectations too high. Any advice??????????

Hi Everyone!!!!

I was banded on August 31st. I lost 10 lbs in the first week, and only have lost 2 more in the last 3 wks. I am trying to not get discouraged, but as of right now i have no restriction. I am hoping that will change with my 1st fill in 2 days. I hope that I am not setting my expectations too high. Any advice??????????

My advice to you would be just to hang in there! Be realistic about your expectations.....you are going to lose weight slowly. I had a fill a week ago Friday, and as I expected, not a whole lot changed. It seems most people start to feel restriction on or about the 3rd fill. I'm sure you also knew that this was not going to be a magic wand....it's a shame, but we do have to make the effort. I wish the best of luck to you.....(I'm saving some for myself as well!)

My advice to you would be just to hang in there! Be realistic about your expectations.....you are going to lose weight slowly. I had a fill a week ago Friday, and as I expected, not a whole lot changed. It seems most people start to feel restriction on or about the 3rd fill. I'm sure you also knew that this was not going to be a magic wand....it's a shame, but we do have to make the effort. I wish the best of luck to you.....(I'm saving some for myself as well!)

So the first fill.... The doctors should be a little more communicative. My doc`tor doesnt say sht.

It's good to know that Im not completely failing. thanks!!!!!!:clap2: