Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Look, maybe instead of asking about crackers, just start asking about hotdogs, pizza, tacos, ice cream, burgers and milkshakes!!!! Maybe they're healthier?? Haha....wow, this forum gets so tense.

Try looking at WLS Instagrams - some girls are totally banging with these amazinggggggg bodies, and they're eating cheese platters, sipping red wine, tucking into pizza, ordering cocktails....and they were doing it not long after surgery too *cos I stalk pages for inspo hehe!

Totally true, but most of them weren't doing it less than a month from surgery. I have followed a lot of people and most of them don't start expanding their diet a lot until 6 months post op.

Also if you read a lot of their posts, they don't eat a lot of they photo. I take pictures of my dinners out all the time and there is a wine glass in the picture because I am not a savage, but I don't drink wine.

I eat pizza (I make it and it is low carb, high Fiber, high protein), I eat brownies (low carb high protein), ice cream (low carb high protein), and other things once in a while like hot wings, either deep fried if I eat them out or baked at home. I have lots of fun with food, but not before 6 months. I wanted to let my stomach heal.

@@Kaze

On my plan at 6 weeks I could have raw veggies and I had very firm cucumber slices as crackers/mini sandwiches for eating ham and cheese.

That sounds good! I'd personally prefer pickles with ham and cheese though. I want to learn how to make my own pickles eventually. Then again, pickles aren't too firm, haha.

pickles are pretty easy to make - have you done any canning?
I have not! Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

http://www.freshpreserving.com/canning-101-getting-started.html a good place to get started learning. Thankfully pickles are canned by Water bath not pressure canning so it's cheaper and easier getting started.

For referenceattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1468203206.615957.jpg. It does say whole grains, obviously operative word I missed, I apologize. Don't most crackers of sorts specify if they are whole grain or not?

7-8 T of food per meal! I'm not sure I could get that much in right now, except for liquids. I'm about to complete week 3 and tonight was the first time I had 4T of food...I made that yummy ricotta bake and it was AMAZING.

I haven't really measured anything yet but I can't eat a lot of anything solid either. I made Tomato Soup and added canned Water packed chicken and it stuffed me up quite a bit whereas Tomato Soup on its own I can still have a decent size bowl.

I can have crackers starting week 4. Whole wheat, multigrain, crispy breadsticks, Melba toast and wassa crackers. Wassa were highly recommended and they have a huge variety and recipes on website.

My book says Triscut crackers

The book also said to have whole grain bread toasted.

Like has been said many times before each plan, each surgeons group is different. With WLS, there doesn't seem to be any set forth standard. What one Dr allows another doesn't.

I would (if I were to eat a cracker) read the back of the box. First ingredient: Whole wheat. Not enriched. End of story. Hope you've found your cracker by now.

Well I choose to use never again bc Ik I'm a binge eater and crackers are my go to, eating a whole sleeve before I know it! So why spend thousands to end up right back where I started in a year or 3, eating sleeves of crackers.... Guess the point is if it's a food you ate constantly with the habit of bingeing don't put it in you mouth!

I agree! I was a Cheezit fool! You know how they put on the back of the boxes "Get your own Box".....I think they wrote that for me! haha. Sadly, I will never be able to have Cheezits ever again.....but that's my own rule for me. :)

post-293515-14686926729591_thumb.jpg here a cool thing I found to make your own cheezits!

Well I choose to use never again bc Ik I'm a binge eater and crackers are my go to, eating a whole sleeve before I know it! So why spend thousands to end up right back where I started in a year or 3, eating sleeves of crackers.... Guess the point is if it's a food you ate constantly with the habit of bingeing don't put it in you mouth!

I agree! I was a Cheezit fool! You know how they put on the back of the boxes "Get your own Box".....I think they wrote that for me! haha. Sadly, I will never be able to have Cheezits ever again.....but that's my own rule for me. :)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1468692642.374290.jpg here a cool thing I found to make your own cheezits!

Yes I've done that...they are really good but I am in danger of eating too many....so I'm leaving that alone for now. :-)

Probably because my program accommodates the fact that you simply cannot get enough Protein through solid foods for quite some time, but you should be eating foods non-the-less? It suggests Protein shakes for well into the third and fourth months and from then on at your discretion. At this stage, especially for me because I find it a chore to eat, I think it's more about getting actual foodstuffs in.

Obviously it suggests keeping all carbs in moderation, but my program does not suggest you eliminate anything unless your stomach just cannot handle it. It's a center of excellence, so obviously they're doing something right and/or know what they're doing. I don't think having the 2-3 crackers it suggests as a piece of my meal will really counter-act the fact that I'm consuming so few calories.

I'm taking this directly from my handbook so they clearly have a different outlook. All I wanted to know was what constitutes a "fibrous, grainy" cracker, not a "for shame" from how all of your programs are structured versus my own. I don't mean this as an attack, but I did explicitly state this is coming from my guidelines, so it's not like I'm just making up stuff in order to eat things I want.

At the risk of sounding like a complainer for getting criticisms, there's my gripe.

Maj live on meaty mighty shakes. Carbs are like a plague. You've read it yourself. I m 9 weeks out and I eat crackers every day. Is the only carb that I can handle. Cream crackers from Jacobs.