Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Merry Christmas!

I always do a ton of baking/cnady making to send out for Christmas. I figure I will make what I can early and the stuff that I cant make early I will just bear my way thru it.

I dont buy gifts I make mine. So I understand where your comming from. Just make what you can and if you cant people will get over it.

Hello! Can I join your merry December bandsters? I'm planning to be banded Dec. 26th by Dr. Zapata in Monterrey, Mexico. I have been thinking about being banded for about a year now but my insurance will not pay for the procedure. Soooo, I too am a self pay, drawing from my 401K. Anyone familiar with withdrawing money and not paying the 10% penalty for early withdrawl for medical bills over 7.5% of your gross yearly income? Thanks in advance

hello and welcome miss polly,

congrats on the surgery date. i don't have mine yet still jumping thru hoop for the insurance co. sorry i do not know about the withdrawl question.

Me either. I have never had surgery of any kind never even been in the hospital.

That is what makes me the most nervous

I talked to my insurance and they said that the doctor submitted the paperwork with the date of service being Dec 13th. I assume that is my band date, so that makes me too a Merry Bander. I will post if anything different. That comes right on time because I will just be fininshing up my fall semester at school.

Caramel:ranger:

My date is Dec 11. Am very nervous, it is happening so quickly. But at the same time I can't wait!!

Christmas dinner won't be the same this year - i just have to come up with an excuse as to why i am not eating.

Hi everyone. I have been hanging around lapbandtalk since August and now I can officially join a group! My doccs office called at 4:45 today and asked how December 3rd would work. I asked if there were any other dates in December and was told the 17th. So now I have to decide which one. We are supposed to host the pre-Christmas party coctail party for my husband's work on the 15th so I don't know if I should wait until after or if the 17th is too close to Christmas. Either way I won't be eating at the party (either post-op mushies or pre-op liquid!) And I am assuming that I can't have alcohol pre-op because of the shrinking liver thing so I don't know what to do!! What excuse should I use for not eating ? :help: I am a bit of a procrastinator so maybe the 17th will give me more time to get ready for Christmas with the hubby and three kids. Any ideas? Also I love the Merry Losers!

Hi, I am having my surgery on Dec. 27th. I will be on all liquid diet for 4 weeks prior to surgery. I am not worried about the surgery......but the being put out always scares the s*** out of me. I have heard that some programs have you on liquids for 2 weeks. I wonder what the differance is ?

I only have to do a 2 day pre-op clear liquid diet. Seems every doctor has their own protocol.

Welcome fellow Merry Losers. We will all enter the new year hopefully thinner.

I'm getting banded on Dec 7th in Monterrey. Self Pay. Nervous, excited... BMI of 37. Eating more than I normally would in my last month of freddom.:biggrin1:

Thanks for the welcome! Just waiting for the day to come. I've never had surgery of any type so, praying for the best!:nervous

Miss Polly,

It may be better to get a loan for the band. The IRS will charge you 10% penalty on top of regular income- so 25% or more off the top vs. the intesrest from a loan (anywhere from 6%-12%)

Hope this helps. I'm in finance.

Jenhollers are you being banded by Dr. Zapata? Just wondering! That is who I'm going to. Let me know how it goes okay?

Yep. That's him. It was better priced than some of the comparable surgeons in Monterrey. Remind me after the surgery and I'll tell you all about it!

Jen

Hello! Can I join your merry December bandsters? I'm planning to be banded Dec. 26th by Dr. Zapata in Monterrey, Mexico. I have been thinking about being banded for about a year now but my insurance will not pay for the procedure. Soooo, I too am a self pay, drawing from my 401K. Anyone familiar with withdrawing money and not paying the 10% penalty for early withdrawl for medical bills over 7.5% of your gross yearly income? Thanks in advance

Miss polly, I'm not a finance expert! but instead of cashing out your 401K and taking the huge IRS penalties, you could borrow against it. Contact your human resource people. My husbands company lets you borrow up to 50% of the what your balance is. The interest rate is 2% above what the 401K is earning and you are essentially paying yourself back. I don't know the exact 'rules' for taking out a loan against your 401K is, but I've read some on the board use it as a medical hardship loan. Worth a shot.