Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had mine on April 5, so I'm 16 days out. I've been trying to transition to soft food but I'm still almost entirely Protein drinks, yogurt and cottage cheese. I tried scrambled eats and they ruined me for the day. I ate way too fast and too much. I was rushing out the door with the kids and had to turn around...it was horrible. But I did learn an important lesson about eating too fast and too much. I've eating a few pieces of stir fried chicken. Last night I had one little piece of stir fried beef. I've also had a few deli sliced of roasted chicken.< /p>

I still have a bottleneck feeling going on when I eat and drink. But I feel great. No hunger problems and no cravings.

How are you doing with food?

I was sleeved on April 6. I'm on puréed foods for the last 3 days. I'm having a hard time getting in my Protein shakes- since surgery they are just off putting. The puréed foods are hit & miss, I've tried chicken & tuna salads (blended up real good) and they seemed too rich and I did not feel well after. Cottage cheese and yogurts are working out well.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Diane D.

Well I have did try the egg.and forget it, it made me miserable I threw it all up, I've also tried shredded chicken and that's OK but a littke to dry, yogurts don't taste the same as before the only thing I do like is cottage cheese and I've been making myself fresh fruit smoothies with like papaya pineapple pears strawberries and blueberries and almond milk unsweetened and lots of Water Ive tries different Protein shakes and they do no go down they get stuck what I also eat smoothly is the maruchan noodles with my own seasoning and I add squash potatoes and carrots that's about it I can't eat anything else. I'm really stuck with these new foods to me I know I'm not taking in the correct Protein cause I can only have a little at a time but I also still have a lot of lower abdomen pain and lots of back back. I am 18 days post op.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved April 4th & today is the first day I could have soft food. This morning tried 2 bites of cottage cheese & one bite of yogurt. Stomach made a lot of noises - but feel ok. First 2 weeks was Clear Liquids, 3rd week was liquids that run easily thru a strainer. I made homemade black bean Soup & put it thru the blender. Hands down best thing I've tried besides Campbell's Soup on the go (not allowed Tomato soup).

Also, tried a frozen Greek yogurt bar last night & had no problems.

Planning on trying a few bites of egg for lunch.

Premier Protein chocolate shakes are the only ones I'm interested in now. Liked the strawberry & vanilla first 2 weeks, but now I'm sick of them. All other Protein Shakes just turn me off now. shakes I used to drink regularly before surgery now are hard to get down. I do drink a whey "Nectar" drink in tropical flavor with my powdered bariatric Vitamins in it & it's ok for 24g of Protein. I add spoonful of Isopure non- flavored protein to my soup & coffee (mix it w/bit Water first).

G2 & Powerade zero taste delicious to me right now. So I drink quite a few ice cold drinks & my Fluid intake is very good. MyraLax is a must for me every day too.

Painful spot next to my belly button that burns with a sharp pain! Drives me nuts cause I'm wanting to physically do so many things. Doc's office said its where they put extra stitch to prevent hernias.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App