Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 days post op and started mushy food

I am now 14 days and my Dr said to go ahead and start mushy foods. I did but they hurt a lot going down when I eat and I've had to throw up a couple times so now I have to call my Dr and see what he said. Has anyone had this problem also?

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

Make sure you are not drinking with your meals. That took some getting used to, but it really hurts if you drink while you eat. Otherwise, just go really slow and use baby utensils,the really small ones force you to slow down

What were you trying to eat?

I had a similar issue when I started purée phase I thought I'd never be able to eat pain free again I'm now on soft food and it's no where near as painful

a week can make a big difference when healing

Sent from my iPhone

I have been having very bad issues with eating i get severe pain in chest area after only 4 to 5 teaspoons of food pureed and very soft feels like gurgling lots of it and tons of burping don't know why only when i eat anyone any ideas can't even get enough Protein in because can't get much food in drinking carnation no sugar added Breakfast drink for Protein need some good advice eating only what sample meals are each day don't know how to incorporate 58 yrs old thanks

Sent from my LGMS330 using the BariatricPal App

Betty54

At first it hurt to eat purée for me too make sure you are going slow wait between spoons and maybe try less at a time I found yogurt hurt less and has good Protein I'm on soft foods next stage past purée for me and I tried some roast lamb tonight with gravy that hurt going down I think as you ease into each stage there may be some discomfort and I've read others say go back to your last stage for a few days then try again.

Sent from my iPhone

Betty54

At first it hurt to eat purée for me too make sure you are going slow wait between spoons and maybe try less at a time I found yogurt hurt less and has good Protein I'm on soft foods next stage past purée for me and I tried some roast lamb tonight with gravy that hurt going down I think as you ease into each stage there may be some discomfort and I've read others say go back to your last stage for a few days then try again.

Sent from my iPhone

I have tried my doctor told me im still healing im scared to eat anything is your pain easing

I am almost 4 weeks post surgery. Will be doing soft food this week. My doc says no drinking 30 mins before, during, after meals. meat and scrambled eggs were painful and often came back. It does get better as time goes on. I discovered making ground lean hamburger cooked, and then put through a chopper,in small pot add can of rotel tomatoes, can of kidney Beans, cumin. Chili powder. After blan foods this chili tasted good to me. Thought I could eat some later but my 23 old son apparently liked it too.

Cottage cheese was something I could eat without puree ing it. I added fruit cups in Water, (of course drained) to change it up.

Did you see the recipes on this site? If you click on upper left corner of this app.

Its all trial and error at this point. Hope I help a little.

Lori

I am almost 4 weeks post surgery. Will be doing soft food this week. My doc says no drinking 30 mins before, during, after meals. meat and scrambled eggs were painful and often came back. It does get better as time goes on. I discovered making ground lean hamburger cooked, and then put through a chopper,in small pot add can of rotel tomatoes, can of kidney Beans, cumin. Chili powder. After blan foods this chili tasted good to me. Thought I could eat some later but my 23 old son apparently liked it too.

Cottage cheese was something I could eat without puree ing it. I added fruit cups in Water, (of course drained) to change it up.

Did you see the recipes on this site? If you click on upper left corner of this app.

Lori

I appreciate it im at my wits end lol

Lori

I do appreciate the recipes the only thing is I can't afford the bariatric stuff so I have to eat whatever I can I'm on disability and I live on a fixed income so it's kind of hard to buy bariatric stuff but thank you very much I appreciate your input

I don't have any bariatric products either. I made the chili with a can of Rotel brand tomatoes with green chilis and didn't use any Tomato Soup as it called for. I had to improvise. Honestly I like chili but hate Tomato Soup or tomato juice. There's an idea too use tomato juice instead of tomato Soup. But cumin spice and chili powder would be a must. Read the recipes, get some ideas and improvise with other stuff. Just watch your sugar and fat grams. Remember your eating a small amount so it should be fine.

Lori

I don't have any bariatric products either. I made the chili with a can of Rotel brand tomatoes with green chilis and didn't use any Tomato Soup as it called for. I had to improvise. Honestly I like chili but hate Tomato Soup or tomato juice. There's an idea too use tomato juice instead of tomato Soup. But cumin spice and chili powder would be a must. Read the recipes, get some ideas and improvise with other stuff. Just watch your sugar and fat grams. Remember your eating a small amount so it should be fine.

Lori

Ok thank u

Lori

I do appreciate the recipes the only thing is I can't afford the bariatric stuff so I have to eat whatever I can I'm on disability and I live on a fixed income so it's kind of hard to buy bariatric stuff but thank you very much I appreciate your input

I'm on a budget too so I really don't have a variety of foods to eat or to go get the Protein shakes they are so expensive so I basically have eggs veggies and drinks like G-2 or Water that's about it.

Sent from my LGMS631 using the BariatricPal App

@@Lucilla I'm not sure where you live but we have a Job Lot around here that has Protein mixes that are fairly inexpensive or at least reasonable. They also had a version of the PB2 (peanut butter powder) that was affordable.

You can also buy inexpensive/on-sale boneless chicken thighs and cook them in a crock pot until they are falling apart and make some different "meals" with that. I know it's difficult because everything seems so expensive.

Good Luck!