Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet begins....

We are only human, and you caved. Like Ashlie said...start again now! Just do the best you can. dinner time is difficult for me too; especially if my husband is cooking dinner for himself and sometimes our daughters come and eat here as well. Last night he was making chicken picatta and the aroma was killing me! But, luckily, I didn't give in (not like he would let me anyway) and got through it. I'll eat chicken picatta again, just not right now. We are all in this together! One week from today and hopefully I'll be out of surgery and beginning to recover. Yay!

I am also April 11 ... I'm on day 9 n omg it's hard..I have to have 4 Optifast drinks a day and only 2 cups of veg..broccoli, cucumber and celery. I've lost almost 15 pounds since my last weigh in. That's exciting!!. But holy I'm starving and these drinks are starting to make me gag. So I am supposed to eat maximum 2 cups of the veg..it's sure not a lot ... I have eaten a few stalks more of celery and maybe a bit more broccoli..but no other food. Do you all think it's bad if I eat more veg!.? I don't want to screw things up!. Help!!...it says no calorie broth as well but where do you get broth with no calories???....

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Well.... It's getting closer!! I've been perfectly calm until now. It's becoming real, having to make arrangements for my family and preparing for the hospital.

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

My surgery date is 4/12/16, a day after yours. I'm on day 2 of liquid diet and it's definitely rough. My doctor doesn't allow for any solids including veggies or chicken. Also, 3 days before surgery i'm allowed Clear liquids only. :( I think that's going to be the worst part.

Are any of you converting from lap band to bypass?

My surgery is on the 12th also. I started liquids today. So far it's not to bad. Tomorrow will be worse I'm sure!

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

My surgery date is 4/12/16, a day after yours. I'm on day 2 of liquid diet and it's definitely rough. My doctor doesn't allow for any solids including veggies or chicken. Also, 3 days before surgery i'm allowed Clear Liquids only. :( I think that's going to be the worst part.

Are any of you converting from lap band to bypass?

I am having a VBG revision.

I'm from Texas!

The liquid diet gets better! As long as you muscle through the first couple of days, it quits being miserable. My Bariatric Advantage vegetable Soup has been the best thing. Being able to eat something savory with a spoon has mentally made it so much easier. Plus, I'm stuffed after a small bowl of it.

I am also from Texas. Where do you get the Soup?

I get my Soup from bariatricadvantage.com and I also purchase it at my surgeons office (The Davis Clinic in Houston). It's so nice to have something savory, that is approved by in this low calorie/low carb liquid diet, to break up the monotony of the sweet Protein Shakes.

We're almost there ladies almost there!!! I'm starting to get some anxiety like holy **** I'm doing this. I'm so excited too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Well done on your journey so far ambernicole22! I am on day 3 of 4 of my 14 day preop diet and its getting easier. How much weight have you lost on the preop so far? im 4 days in and weighed in today 7 pounds lighter but assume this will slow down a lot.....

Edited by YumiMumi

We're almost there ladies almost there!!! I'm starting to get some anxiety like holy **** I'm doing this. I'm so excited too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So close!! I am getting anxious too!! It's been seven months of work to get here, and now I'm like HOLY SH*# it's here.

Ashlie M

Sent from my iPhone

I've been working on this moment since 2014. It still doesn't seem real! I can't believe it's almost here!