Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

lbs lost the first month from band to sleeve

Hello, WALK OF SHAME HERE! new to the site, had lap band for 10 years now, lost 75 pounds the first 6 months, ultimately learned how to eat crappy again and abused my band and gained all of my weight back plus, I have basically felt like I don't have a band for past 5 years assuming my stomach has stretched out above the band. As of late been feeling a bubble like feeling in my throat, got an esophagram today to learn my assumption it correct but worse than I thought, my band is barely visible my stomache above the band is as big as the stomach below the band and flaps over the band. Was told it obviously can not be left like this, I am concidering getting the sleeve after I get the band removed, but I am scared. Are there and regretting this? Should I just get the band removed and join weight watchers? Or are you happy with your sleeve?

Wow don't feel bad I'm sorry your going thru all this!! Don't feel bad cause I heard there's a 70% failure rate and the other 30% is considered a success if you lost 1/2 your weight!!

I was like you and went back n forth but I figured I had to go under for the sleeve might as well do a 2 in 1!! I did research and much better things and success stories with the SLEEVE!!

JUST PRAY ABOUT IT ????

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Had my conversion on 3/30 and am down 13 lbs since. Dr was please with that and so was I! I'm being very strict following the diet/water plan. Not hungry at all so literally set alarms on my phone to remind me to consume! I am able to take most of my supplements from before due to their small size but am still looking for a good multi. I have the MTHFR gene mutation and can't take folic acid so that's been the problem. I'll find one though. Went back to work 5 days post op with no problems and was just released to work out. My band was a total failure and I'm super excited about my progress so far! Good luck to you as well!

From-amyjo316

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches