Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to do this, no matter what

Whereabouts are you coming to in London over the weekend Chris? Just in case I unknowingly bump into you of course-not being nosey at all!

Hi Mico

Well I'm still running and I was very surprised on weighing today that I had lost 3 lb ! No running now till Monday but you are right it is strangely addictive. Never ever thought I would enjoy exercise.

Got a busy weekend ahead it's my granddaughters first birthday tomorrow and on Sunday I am going to see a machine that my other half wants to buy. It's the other side of London so quite a pull for us in the car.

I have never in real life met another sleever but it's great to talk to all the folks here on the board. I have made a great friend of soodoo and she has encouraged me no end. Jamie logical put me in the mood for the running and lots of the forum contributes give me a good laugh with their comments. Have a great weekend

Thank you Chris and have a nice weekend too. I hope there won't be too much traffic... But it's London. .

Yes it is quite amazing when we pause for a moment and realize what we can do and were not able to with the extra weight.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

One great benefit I did not notice until now is.... that I am not the prime target of mosquitos anymore!!!

I used to be their favorite meal. But now the season is starting in Spain again, they see me, sometime fly around, but they don't bite.

It's really funny you mention this. Sometime, maybe 10-15 years ago,mosquitos just stopped biting me. It's awesome. I spend a lot of time outside in an area that has quite a few mosquitos, yet never get bitten. Literally never.

I was actually wondering as the mosquitos pick up if that will change since having this surgery. I always assumed it was something to do with hormones/diet, etc. That all changes so much after surgery, I hope I still have my anti-mosquito superpowers.

I had my surgery 1 days before yours, so this is my first mosquito season since surgery!

I also believe it has to do with the sweat and smell. I don't sweat as much as I used to. I know that it had not much to do with Proteins diet as I did a few of those in my past and was still covered with bites. I wish you keep your super powers! Let us know how it goes.

Hi Mico

Well I'm still running and I was very surprised on weighing today that I had lost 3 lb ! No running now till Monday but you are right it is strangely addictive. Never ever thought I would enjoy exercise.

Got a busy weekend ahead it's my granddaughters first birthday tomorrow and on Sunday I am going to see a machine that my other half wants to buy. It's the other side of London so quite a pull for us in the car.

I have never in real life met another sleever but it's great to talk to all the folks here on the board. I have made a great friend of soodoo and she has encouraged me no end. Jamie logical put me in the mood for the running and lots of the forum contributes give me a good laugh with their comments. Have a great weekend

One more thing... About meeting another sleever. I am not sure that two guys checking each other with nothing else than a towel around the waist in a gym dressing room is the best way to introduce each other.... Have a Great weekend and enjoy the time with your granddaughter.

Ha Mico yes that's maybe not the right way to be meeting another sleever ! Jinty I am going to a place near Banstead to look at a machine which is a road roller as my other half desires to purchase one for his work. Not best pleased about going in the 4 x4 all that way but hey ho that is how it goes. He has been so supportive to me as regards my surgery it's the least I can do.

Two things for this thread.

Firstly, regarding the mosquito bites. My other half is a magnet for flea bites and is highly allergic to them. Since cutting out sugar in his numerous cups of tea (he is a builder and they are powered by tea) and replacing it with Agave Syrup the fleas have stopped biting him. He's soooooo pleased.

Secondly, Chris-I'm not going to clutter up this thread with things that interest no-one but us so I'm going to leave you a personal message! Don't worry you nosey mob-it's only to do with machines and Banstead!!!

Happy weekend one and all.

@jintycb... I'm a teacher and some of my kids were complaining they couldn't enjoy the nice weather due to mosquitos.... We did some googling and it said rub a dryer sheet on you as the mosquitos hate the smell... Might be an easy fix, if anything you could put some in your pocket.

Thank you nyteacher125. I shall try that. Who ever thought that one up. How do you even think about rubbing yourself with a dryer sheet? Answers welcome on that one. Maybe I've led a very sheltered life! Listen, if it works, who cares. Will add these to my dog walking bum bag for days when the mossies are rampaging. Will let you know if they work for us x

The kids were complaint so we googled and that one was a natural way to deter mosquitos... Haven't got any fed back from the kids if they tried it yet... We're just starting to mosquitos season here in NY... They have been doing lots of aerial spraying as there is a fear of Zika virus being spread so maybe that will cut back on them... Keep me posted if it works... Happy dog walking, my dog loves walking too

I used to put on my living room table a plate with a lemon and cloves nailed into it and it seemed to work pretty well against mosquitos.

Yesterday was 10 weeks since surgery. I eat now about 1200 calories a day, with 120-130 grams of Proteins as I go to the gym 5 times a week. Carbs are under control. Weight loss is regular, about 3-4 pounds a week, which is good for me. I know that the less extra weight I have to lose, the harder it will get.

Yesterday was 10 weeks since surgery. I eat now about 1200 calories a day, with 120-130 grams of Proteins as I go to the gym 5 times a week. Carbs are under control. Weight loss is regular, about 3-4 pounds a week, which is good for me. I know that the less extra weight I have to lose, the harder it will get.

Great update! Fantastic to hear you are still losing. Keep us posted on your progress. :)

Gosh ten weeks have gone by quickly! That's a good tip about the lemon and cloves. Will try that one in the villa when I go back next week. I'm still running and will continue whilst away. You are doing very well keep it up!

Whats your food look like each day?

Gosh ten weeks have gone by quickly! That's a good tip about the lemon and cloves. Will try that one in the villa when I go back next week. I'm still running and will continue whilst away. You are doing very well keep it up!

Hi Chris, yes they have! I started to run this week too. 30 minutes every morning in the gym. I hated it at first but I am getting used to and I think I could end up liking it :) . Thank you for the compliment. Coming from someone that lost almost 100 pounds, it means a lot. :)