Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery in europe

I was just wondering if anyone else here has had their bands fitted in europe.

Especially interested in Lyon France. I know this is a mainly american site from reading your posts. The cost of banding in the usa is so much more expensive than Europe.

In the Uk i was given a price guide of 6500 pounds to 12000 pounds

In Lyon (where the hospitals have less instance of mrsa and have been doing this procedure for many more years than the uk) i was given the price guide of 5000 Euro which is roughly 3500 pounds this included all the preops. Such a huge difference to what you have to pay in the USA. And how out of reach the price tag in the states must seem to people whose medical insurance doesnt cover banding

Tracey

There are bandsters here that were banded in France. Please check with "Bright". I think she uses a French banding dr. Double check, but I don't think she cares for her current fill dr's bedside manner. Please be sure that you do plenty of research about the surgeon that you choose before you are banded. Also, be sure that you have your aftercare lined up first, also. Best of luck to you!

ALot of us here went to Mexico to have our surgeries due to the high price in the USA. The price difference for me in Mexico was 10,000- 12,000 cheaper then here in California.

I know a lady who went to Belgium for her surgery and it was only about $4800 in american dollars. Don't know what the plain tickets cost though. Teresa

I met 2 different people in Dr. Ortiz's office this week. One had her band done in CHile and the other in Argentina..both did not have the Inamed band. One had the Swedish band and the other had the mid-band so neither of then could find a Dr. in the US to fill them which is why they were in TJ seeing Dr. Ortiz. He was able to give them both a fill....

I think Bright had her surgery in Belgium and, as I recall, was less than thrilled with her doctor, although the price was right. The ILOST surgical team has branches in Italy and Switzerland, but they're more expensive than the price Tracey quoted. Funny how the price varies so much from country to country. I'm another American who had the surgery in Mexico; I'll be paying off the $11,000 for a long time, but it has been worth it.

I do know of one lady on Yahoo Groups Smartbandsters who was banded in Lyon. Those doctors there have much more experience than the one's in the US. Some of them were actually in on developing the surgery.

thanks to all for your replies.

Have managed to make contact through an english site with another 2 of my surgeons patients and its all positive feedback.....phew!.... cos obviously until you get comments from previous patients to allay any fears they just twirl around in my head. Not having second thoughts just a little aprehensive now that the date is getting closer.

Tracey