Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery Aug 27,2015 and have lost 110lbs since. But I haven't lost anything in what seems like forever but more like a month and a half. I'm wondering if I'm done or just at a stall. SW 348 CW 238. I do resistance bands training and air climber (500 steps) 3x a week. I drink close to 100oz of H2O, very low carb and about 800-1000 calories daily. I need advice/encouragement, I NEED to lose these 39lbs so I can get out of the 200's!!! On the flip side my Hair loss is a lot better, but I've read that it gets better when you've reached ideal weight. Vets, please help me understand wth is going on!!!!

You mention Water and calories but not Protein. What is your Protein target? Your calories SEEM low, but without more information it is hard to tell.

Have you talked to your NUT lately? If you are exercising intensely you might not be eating enough.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I hit between 70-100 gms of Protein, my insurance plan only has 1 NUT and I'm her first sleeve patient[emoji51] my exercise is not hard core at all, IMO at least, I divide the 500 steps into 100 at a time and spread out throughout my day. And I've embraced the stall and been calm but I fear reaching my year and not reaching my goal.

I am not an expert. I think you can achieve your goals it just might take longer than you expected. I have spent countless hours reading every story I can fine about life after sleeve surgery! I found that some people take longer to reach goal. I've seen people who do not reach goal until year 3. I think the most important part is that you never give up, consistently monitor monitor your diet and exercise. Remind yourself that this is a lifetime of making good choices. Seek medical advice and continue to reach out in the community. You've done great and congratulations!

Sometimes your body can also get used to your workouts. You could also maybe try switching up your routine or making it a little tougher for your body.

I hit a stall at around 200lbs that lasted almost a year too, trust me it will break!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have NEVER heard of any connection between hair loss (or lack thereof) and reaching some mythical "can't lose anymore weight" number. (I don't think there is such a number, by the way.)

You can lose weight if you find the right combination of macronutrients, exercise, and whatever.

Why not try eating more?

FYI, the last two months before I reached my initial weight goal (150 pounds) I was averaging 1200 calories/day and 100 grams of Protein.

Not saying that's your solution. But just letting you know others ate more than you're eating while losing weight.

BTW, I don't know what "air steps" are. But I think the 10,000 steps a day target is a great one for everyone.

I hit between 70-100 gms of Protein, my insurance plan only has 1 NUT and I'm her first sleeve patient my exercise is not hard core at all, IMO at least, I divide the 500 steps into 100 at a time and spread out throughout my day. And I've embraced the stall and been calm but I fear reaching my year and not reaching my goal.

Try eating a little more and aiming to hit closer to 100 grams of Protein rather than 70 grams.

I also agree that you might want to shake up your exercise routine a bit. How is your mobility? Could you sign up for an exercise or dance class? My favorite exercise is swimming. It's good for both my body and soul.

Omg me too surgery was August 17 2015 and down 80 but been stuck with same weight over a month and a half. I am hoping it just a huge stall I still need to lose 56 to be at my 199 cant wait lol????????????????

Omg me too surgery was August 17 2015 and down 80 but been stuck with same weight over a month and a half. I am hoping it just a huge stall I still need to lose 56 to be at my 199 cant wait lol????????????????

My doc told me to eat more due to my exercise levels. Sounds like you might want to add in a few hundred extra good quality calories to see if that breaks your weight loss stall.

I'm still losing at over a year out, just lots slower and lots of stalling. Average is about 1.5 lb a week/2 weeks. I'm super with that as I'm now working on building muscle and losing fat, so the numbers on the scale are not necessarily reflecting what is going on with my body. I am eating WAY more calories than you (my average is at 1500 calories/day) and I weigh less than you too, so for my situation, eating more helped out quite a bit. Slow but steady improvement is my goal anyway. ;)

Thank you girls!!! I knew I could count on you guys!! It seems like upping my calories just a little may help, I'm gonna try it and let y'all know!! BTW the air climber basically simulates climbing stairs. It's an infomercial product[emoji23][emoji23] but hey, any exercise IS exercise right? Love u gals and congrats to you all in all your success!!

@@UalreadyKnow

I am sitting in the exact same spot you are. I have not lost a single pound in over a month. It is so frustrating sometimes. Sometimes I even think that this is where I am supposed to be. I even have caught myself comparing myself to others but I have to remember that my journey is different.

Like others have said talk to your NUT see what they say. I am going to increase my exercise and see if that helps :)

Edited by UalreadyKnow

@@UalreadyKnow

I am sitting in the exact same spot you are. I have not lost a single pound in over a month. It is so frustrating sometimes. Sometimes I even think that this is where I am supposed to be. I even have caught myself comparing myself to others but I have to remember that my journey is different.

Like others have said talk to your NUT see what they say. I am going to increase my exercise and see if that helps :)

good luck to you my love!! Let's see where this magic carpet ride takes us!!!!

(( I was sleeved 9/22/2015 ))

Our bodies need time to adjust to the new weight. It doesn't keep a schedule. I needs to be 'Nudged'( or kicked) in the right direction and takes its own sweet time.

Try changing up your workouts. You can't keep doing the same thing and keep getting results. Do more each session, change the cardio exercise for a while, Spreading cardio out is just as good as doing all at one time. Get some kettle bells, or dumbells. Weight training burns more fat than cardio overall.

Google Hiit training. Perfect if your time is limited.

*****And 15-20 min sessions 3x week,--> correctly done<-- gets more results than 1hour normal cardio 5x/week*****

You might be having too little calories someX,

I get my cardio from stair master, elliptical, and treadmill or hitting the pavement. I do combinations of those and its never the same. But I always do 45+ minutes

Sent from my XT907 using the BariatricPal App

(( I was sleeved 9/22/2015 ))

Our bodies need time to adjust to the new weight. It doesn't keep a schedule. I needs to be 'Nudged'( or kicked) in the right direction and takes its own sweet time.

Try changing up your workouts. You can't keep doing the same thing and keep getting results. Do more each session, change the cardio exercise for a while, Spreading cardio out is just as good as doing all at one time. Get some kettle bells, or dumbells. Weight training burns more fat than cardio overall.

Google Hiit training. Perfect if your time is limited.

*****And 15-20 min sessions 3x week,--> correctly done<-- gets more results than 1hour normal cardio 5x/week*****

You might be having too little calories someX,

I get my cardio from stair master, elliptical, and treadmill or hitting the pavement. I do combinations of those and its never the same. But I always do 45+ minutes

Sent from my XT907 using the BariatricPal App

thank you! It's funny you mention the kettle bells, I started doing it on Sunday and have lost 3 pounds since!!!