Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys! First of all, thank you for your replys! I really appreciate all of them! I need some insight on how you guys are winning your weight loss battles.

Statistics:

· Sleeved: Jan 18th, 2016 (exactly 8 weeks tomorrow Monday)

· Height: 159cm (5’3”)

· Initial weight: 76kg (167.5 lbs)

· Current weight: 64.1kg (141.5 lbs)

· Goal weight: 55kg (121 lbs)

· Diet: 3 meals per day, not counting calories nor portions as my nutritionist mentioned to eat only 3 meals, focus on Protein and I should be eating around 1000Kcal however I’m not counting them. I’m avoiding all sweet and bread/pasta/rice carbs as I’m fully aware that I’m strongly addicted to them.

· Exercise: Haven’t done anything in a week because of a knee injury and lack of discipline. Hoping to start walking again today. It was recommended to exercise 1.5 hours per day 6-7 times a week.

· Water: Goal Water is 1.5L per day (6 ¼ cups) and some days I reach this goal, some others I don’t but most of the days I reach it.

· Past drugs: metformin for prediabetes, telmisartan for high blood pressure and atorvastatine for cholesterol control. All drugs are gone and replaced by bariatric Vitamins, Calcium and Iron.< /p>

My struggles:

1. Ear infection: of course this has nothing to do with the sleeve but I’ve been struggling with my ears for over a year. I was told that most likely my ear infections were caused by high sugar content in the blood. My sugar is regulated now. My doctor prescribed oxytetracycline, polymyxin-B and hydrocortisone ear drops three times per day for 1 week and then I need to wait 4 weeks when I have the ear infections all the time!

2. Constipation: I go and poop 2-3 times per week. I have increased my amount of veggies with my meals. If I take Bisacodyl (Dulcolax) I only get dry hyves after 5-6 hours after taking it and glycerin suppositories do nothing unless I stick 2 (gross but true).

3. Head hunger: I mentioned before my carb addiction, but I do seriously want to binge all my cupboards and fridge! And I’m having a rough time coping with this.

4. Stomach acid: It started two weeks ago and I’m in pain around 50% of the day. I’m taking 40g omeprazole daily in the mornings (prescribed by my doctor) and I have to take Sodium Alginate, Sodium Bicarbonate and Calcium Carbonate (Gaviscon in the UK) once or twice a day (prescribed by me) to manage the pain. I have tried Calcium Carbonate (Tums, I in the US) and I started to binge on them.

5. I haven’t lost weight in the last three weeks! That will be that I’ve not lost weight after 5 weeks of the surgery and I’m so frustrated.

6. I can’t feel full. I don’t have that feeling. My nutritionist has explained the hunger feeling over and over but I just don’t feel it. She recommended Portion Control but she didn’t recommend a specific amount of food as there are no guidelines.

All ideas, suggestions and comments are all well appreciated and thank you!

I am loosing more slowly and stalling more than I expected to as well. Being sick may impact your weight loss as well as not exercising. Good job staying away from the carbs; we all know how hard that can be!!

Be patient with yourself and make friends with Beans. High Protein, high fiber- the perfect bariatric food ; )

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for your kind words @@BabyNewYear

How far are you in the journey? I'm two months out and have lost 12kg in the first month and only 1kg in the second one. Still not giving up but it made me obsess around food. Now I'm much better in this area and I know that as long as I follow the guidelines I will be ok and one day I'll reach my goal, which is not so far now... Only 8 kg ahead.

(In general, 1 kg = 2 lbs)

[emoji119]???? for beans!

Hey There,

Sorry I didn't respond right away I can't always find things on this site. I am close to 4 mos out and down 50lbsHow's it going for you now? I am losing slowly still - but it IS coming off. My clothes are starting to look too big so that's encouraging. Let me know how you are doing.

Hey There,

Sorry I didn't respond right away I can't always find things on this site. I am close to 4 mos out and down 50lbsHow's it going for you now? I am losing slowly still - but it IS coming off. My clothes are starting to look too big so that's encouraging. Let me know how you are doing.

Hey BabyNewYear,

I'm also almost 4 months and doing great. What a fantastic experience I've been having all the way! Some things haven't changed: I still don't feel when I need to stop eating, so I pretty much overeat many times because my brain doesn't want to stop, so at least once a week I feel extremely sick because of course our stomachs can't handle the amount of food.

As I mentioned you before I stopped losing weight after week 5, so I have decided to start a lchf/keto/banting lifestyle which is a lifestyle based on very low carbs, moderate Protein and high in fat; why this approach? I'm barely hungry when I eat fat, it allows me to fulfil my Protein requirements and sugars (carbs) is what gave me the metabolic syndrome, weight gain and led me to surgery. I'm really happy with this approach and I really honestly hope that I can follow this the rest of my life. Many ask about my sugar and cholesterol levels with this diet and all of them are back to normal.

I'm down 17 kg (37lbs 8oz or 2 stones 9.5lbs ) from 76 kg (167lbs 9oz or 11 stones 13.55lbs) to 59kg (130lbs 1oz or 9 stones 4 lbs) and I'm only 4 kg (8lbs 13 oz or 8.8 lbs) from my goal weight. Lately I've been losing between 0.5kg or less per week (around one pound or less).

None of my clothes, underwear nor shoes fit. I've lost my ass, it's totally flat so sitting is painful because I'm sitting on my hips and training has it's ups and downs because I lost more weight from my right side of my body so my sneakers are loser on one side and I hurt my right knee quit often. I'm also trying to become stronger with weight lifting so that I can continue to lose fat. My stomach is still big compared to the rest of my body, but I can start seeing my neck, hands and hip bones. Lose skin on my ass, boobs and upper arms.

hair loss, it's bad... but I've seen worst cases on instagram, so I still feel lucky about this, but there is hair absolutely EVERYWHERE! I'm taking Biotin for this.

What an amazing journey!!! Looking forward to the next update! Cheers!